[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terrell Owens

matt770

T.O. -- Top Tier WR?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, where do you rank T.O. among the rest of the WR class?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 11-13
    • 14-20
    • 21+
  2. 2. What are the odds he plays 16 games?

• 98% -- I think he explodes week 1 and never looks back.
    • 75% -- I think he misses a couple, maybe 3 games but still has a great year.
    • 50% -- The hammy is acting up again, and he's in Parcells' dog house and it ain't even week. I'm worried.
    • 25% -- Looks like a repeat of '05.
    • 2% -- It would be a miracle if T.O.'s mouth or fragile body, or both, don't cost him some significant playing time.
    • Odds are the same as for any other player -- can't predict injuries & suspensions.
  3. 3. As of today, would you draft T.O. for your fantasy team? Assume it's your most competitive cash / bragging rights league.

• Absolutely, early second round if not sooner. No one is better when healthy.
    • Still a top tier WR, but barely. If the rest of the studs are off the board, I'll hold my breath and pick him.
    • I may or may not draft him, depends on how much I like my earlier picks.
    • Mid to late third round, sure. He's risky but that's good value.
    • I wouldn't even touch him in the 4th round or later. He's a waste of roster space.
  4. 4. Did you draft T.O. last year?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Did he cost you in the playoffs?

• No, I won the title without him.
    • Not really, I still finished in the money.
    • Probably, I just missed winning the title game.
    • Definitely, the loss of his production cost me dearly.

I understand, but if T.O. didn't pull all of the crap he has over his career then it wouldn't be an issue. The guy is a powder keg and the media is just waiting until he ignites. He brought this media craze on himself, which he seems to love, so it is no one's fault but his own. Steve Smith on the other hand is not know for being a pain in the butt so he doesn't attract so much attention.

There's a little bit of truth and a little bit of misleading info. The media wields far more power than anyone realizes. I watch NFL Live every day (even though it sucks) and every day they show the same clips and stir up the pot. It's so annoying. I realize TO hasn't been the poster child for compliance but missing time for a sore hammy is not his fault. What Parcells needs to realize is this guy will battle harder than anyone on game day and during practice. If he says his hammy is sore, let him rest it without being on his a$$ every day. I'm a big Parcells fan which is why I refuse to believe he is that dumb. I think he's giving the media what they want (drama) and him and TO are laughing behind closed doors.

Edited by Brentastic

Dude is right though. The reason TO's hammy is such a big issue is because the media made it a big issue. Steve Smith has missed nearly all of TC with a hammy issue but you don't hear anyone talking about him. The first day TO missed practice, the media, especially the NFL live crew, was all over it like stink on POOP. They haven't let up. I really think Parcells isn't even concerned but he is playing the media and trying to get everyone to believe this is a big deal when to him it really isn't.

Yeah, poor TO. The media is just setting him up in all of this.

Seriously, what universe do you live in?

TO has painted a target on his own back year after year for quite a while now. He's wrecked 2 franchises when they couldn't get any value for him despite his immense skills at WR after he threw the QB, coaching staff, and various ex-team mates under the bus gleefully. He screwed BAL over (though BAL is probably thanking TO greatly for doing it now) when he got the trade he begged for. Now look at what is going on in DAL:

link

(Tue. Aug 15, 2006)

Terrell Owens - #81 - Wide Receiver - 6'3" - 226lbs

News: Bill Parcells said he needs to see Terrell Owens practice "pretty soon."

(Wed. Aug 16, 2006)

News: Terrell Owens returned to Cowboys practice Wednesday.

(Thu. Aug 17, 2006)

News: Cowboys coach Bill Parcells reportedly made it clear that Terrell Owens had to return to practice Wednesday.

(Sun. Aug 20, 2006)

News: Terrell Owens will not play in Dallas' preseason game Monday night.

Impact: Coach Bill Parcells wants to give the Cowboys' younger wideouts playing time and doesn't think Owens is ready for live game action. Owens sat out of practice Saturday after three straight days of work.

(Sun. Aug 20, 2006)

News: ProFootballTalk.com reports Terrell Owens claims he re-injured his hamstring.

Impact: Here we go again. Owens, after missing practice Saturday, is reportedly blaming the Dallas coaching staff for rushing him back and says he won't practice again until he's 100 percent. He's "privately" saying that might be until Week 2 of the regular season.

(Tue. Aug 22, 2006)

News: The AP reports Terrell Owens may have another MRI on his hamstring.

(Wed. Aug 23, 2006)

News: A second MRI on Terrell Owens' hamstring came up negative.

Impact: He's not practicing Wednesday. Perhaps more interesting, Owens says he probably wouldn't be able to play in a regular season if there was one this week.

LINK

SI.com has learned that the previous afternoon, during the team's training-camp practice in Oxnard, Calif., Cowboys coach Bill Parcells approached trainer Jim Maurer and pointedly said, "Look, you tell Terrell that tomorrow I want him out here for practice. Tomorrow's the day. I don't care. Tomorrow's the day."

Apparently, Owens got the message, rejoining his teammates on the field Wednesday afternoon for the first time since Aug. 2. And, equally important, Parcells sent a message to his players that he remains firmly in charge of his team.

"Before T.O. got back out there, a lot of people were starting to second-guess Bill," one Cowboys player says. "For the first time ever, he'd shown a little weakness, like he might not be totally in control, and like he didn't know how to handle this situation. Because, let's face it, it's been a total spectacle so far."

Don't think that the "Tour de Terrell" stunt Owens pulled last week -- wearing the Discovery Channel pro cycling team's silver and blue jersey and a racing helmet while riding his stationary bike on the sideline during practice -- didn't irk Parcells, who reacted disgustedly. ...

Despite having consistently complained of hamstring pain, the wideout was rumored to have run a 4.48 40-yard dash on Tuesday. An MRI exam on Aug. 5, three days after he said he first injured the hamstring, reportedly came up clear....

From the other Cowboys' perspective, it was hard not to imagine that the coach had developed similar feelings about Owens. But until Parcells' ultimatum to Maurer, they weren't sure if the Tuna had the juice or gumption to take on Jones' prized free-agent signee.

"We all just sat and wondered, 'Who's gonna win this battle?'" says the Cowboys player. "As a player, you can't help but get distracted when something like that is going on. The guy comes out last every single practice, has somebody carrying his helmet and is always putting on his uniform at the last minute, and then he's out there riding the bike and drawing attention to himself. Even if he's not trying to be a deterrent -- and he clearly is -- it's obvious that the coach isn't happy.

"The bottom line is, he appeared to be healthy and wasn't practicing. So we'd sit and wonder, Who's gonna win? How's it gonna go down?'"

The guy runs a 4.48 40 3 days after he starts whining about his hammy, 2 MRIs have turned out negative, then he shows up as the last one out of the locker room for practice every day, and has the temerity to wear cycling gear during practice when he's riding the stationary bike.

Owens all throughout his career has done nothing but perform outrageous acts to draw all attention to himself. He is not a team player and he never will be a team player. TO is all about TO.

To actually have the balls to blame a 3rd party for this azzclown's own actions is just unfathomable to me. What's next? Blaming Jeffrey Dahmer's problems on an eating disorder that he can't control? Blaming women to have the temerity to live in Iraq so they deserved to be raped & butchered by Sadaam Hussein & his mad dog sons? Give me a freakin' break, PLEASE!

Yeah, poor TO. The media is just setting him up in all of this.

Seriously, what universe do you live in?

TO has painted a target on his own back year after year for quite a while now. He's wrecked 2 franchises when they couldn't get any value for him despite his immense skills at WR after he threw the QB, coaching staff, and various ex-team mates under the bus gleefully. He screwed BAL over (though BAL is probably thanking TO greatly for doing it now) when he got the trade he begged for. Now look at what is going on in DAL:

link

(Tue. Aug 15, 2006)

News: Bill Parcells said he needs to see Terrell Owens practice "pretty soon."

(Wed. Aug 16, 2006)

News: Terrell Owens returned to Cowboys practice Wednesday.

(Thu. Aug 17, 2006)

News: Cowboys coach Bill Parcells reportedly made it clear that Terrell Owens had to return to practice Wednesday.

(Sun. Aug 20, 2006)

News: Terrell Owens will not play in Dallas' preseason game Monday night.

Impact: Coach Bill Parcells wants to give the Cowboys' younger wideouts playing time and doesn't think Owens is ready for live game action. Owens sat out of practice Saturday after three straight days of work.

(Sun. Aug 20, 2006)

News: ProFootballTalk.com reports Terrell Owens claims he re-injured his hamstring.

Impact: Here we go again. Owens, after missing practice Saturday, is reportedly blaming the Dallas coaching staff for rushing him back and says he won't practice again until he's 100 percent. He's "privately" saying that might be until Week 2 of the regular season.

(Tue. Aug 22, 2006)

News: The AP reports Terrell Owens may have another MRI on his hamstring.

(Wed. Aug 23, 2006)

News: A second MRI on Terrell Owens' hamstring came up negative.

Impact: He's not practicing Wednesday. Perhaps more interesting, Owens says he probably wouldn't be able to play in a regular season if there was one this week.

LINK

SI.com has learned that the previous afternoon, during the team's training-camp practice in Oxnard, Calif., Cowboys coach Bill Parcells approached trainer Jim Maurer and pointedly said, "Look, you tell Terrell that tomorrow I want him out here for practice. Tomorrow's the day. I don't care. Tomorrow's the day."

Apparently, Owens got the message, rejoining his teammates on the field Wednesday afternoon for the first time since Aug. 2. And, equally important, Parcells sent a message to his players that he remains firmly in charge of his team.

"Before T.O. got back out there, a lot of people were starting to second-guess Bill," one Cowboys player says. "For the first time ever, he'd shown a little weakness, like he might not be totally in control, and like he didn't know how to handle this situation. Because, let's face it, it's been a total spectacle so far."

Don't think that the "Tour de Terrell" stunt Owens pulled last week -- wearing the Discovery Channel pro cycling team's silver and blue jersey and a racing helmet while riding his stationary bike on the sideline during practice -- didn't irk Parcells, who reacted disgustedly. ...

Despite having consistently complained of hamstring pain, the wideout was rumored to have run a 4.48 40-yard dash on Tuesday. An MRI exam on Aug. 5, three days after he said he first injured the hamstring, reportedly came up clear....

From the other Cowboys' perspective, it was hard not to imagine that the coach had developed similar feelings about Owens. But until Parcells' ultimatum to Maurer, they weren't sure if the Tuna had the juice or gumption to take on Jones' prized free-agent signee.

"We all just sat and wondered, 'Who's gonna win this battle?'" says the Cowboys player. "As a player, you can't help but get distracted when something like that is going on. The guy comes out last every single practice, has somebody carrying his helmet and is always putting on his uniform at the last minute, and then he's out there riding the bike and drawing attention to himself. Even if he's not trying to be a deterrent -- and he clearly is -- it's obvious that the coach isn't happy.

"The bottom line is, he appeared to be healthy and wasn't practicing. So we'd sit and wonder, Who's gonna win? How's it gonna go down?'"

The guy runs a 4.48 40 3 days after he starts whining about his hammy, 2 MRIs have turned out negative, then he shows up as the last one out of the locker room for practice every day, and has the temerity to wear cycling gear during practice when he's riding the stationary bike.

Owens all throughout his career has done nothing but perform outrageous acts to draw all attention to himself. He is not a team player and he never will be a team player. TO is all about TO.

To actually have the balls to blame a 3rd party for this azzclown's own actions is just unfathomable to me. What's next? Blaming Jeffrey Dahmer's problems on an eating disorder that he can't control? Blaming women to have the temerity to live in Iraq so they deserved to be raped & butchered by Sadaam Hussein & his mad dog sons? Give me a freakin' break, PLEASE!

I'm not talking about his career, I'm talking about his hammy infury right NOW. The media controls the public's perceptions and apparently you too are wrapped in the drama. :D

S. Smith and H. Ward are allowed to be injured without scrutiny. However, because TO has been such a pain in the past, the media is fishing for drama by creating circus in Dallas. It's silly and you are one of many who are biting. :D

Way too much upside not to take him in the third round. The fans is Dallas (remember the football in the star) have to start out hating him, he's deemed a problem child already and has to put up to quiet naysayers, and most importantly has his own best interests in mind. I really don't care about the off-field antics... I care about fantasy points. If he's healthy, Bledsoe will find him.

Won't be drafting TO in any of my leagues. Not because I consider him completely undraftable, but because I consider him undraftable at where I know he'll go. Someone will pull the trigger on him before I would be comfortable doing so.

Yep, that is how I see it.

I'm not talking about his career, I'm talking about his hammy infury right NOW. The media controls the public's perceptions and apparently you too are wrapped in the drama. :D

S. Smith and H. Ward are allowed to be injured without scrutiny. However, because TO has been such a pain in the past, the media is fishing for drama by creating circus in Dallas. It's silly and you are one of many who are biting. :D

Are S. Smith or Ward riding stationary bikes with bike gear on? No, but T.O. is. Are Smith & Ward on new teams and could use the practice with a new QB in a new system, no. Everything I have heard about the MRI's show nothing is wrong. He draws the attention to himself on purpose because he loves to be the center of attention. Just like when he was putting on a show outside of his house for the media doing sit-ups and crap like that. I guess that was all the media and T.O. had nothing to do with it.

I guess it has never occurred to you that TO has taken you and his other jock sniffers for suckers (again), and the press, Parcells, apparently at least some of the Cowboys' players, and now Jerry Jones with the fine are correct on this?

Nahhhhh, didn't think so...