[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Domanick Davis - how low should he go?

TheCMB

i was able to pick up morencey and lundy in a first year dynasty...needless to say im pretty happy that the injury bug is after DD allready

(Rotoworld) Vernand Morency returned to Texans practice Wednesday.

Impact: It will be key to watch how Morency and Wali Lundy are used this weekend. We'd guess they will be rotated, but it's possible Lundy still has the upper hand in the battle for the team's starting job.

flip a coin they both been looking good

I couldn't resist DD at pick 4.03 in a 12-teamer. Missed on Morency, got Lundy later. Very worried DD bet won't work out, but managed to get both T Jones and Bensen - so somewhere in there I should be able to field a #2 RB every week to go with Edge.

That's ridiculous. No way you can win in this if you're really that risk-averse.

I win plenty... but not with a cripple on my team. I'll take my risks with young unproven talent rather than with overrated gimps on a weak team that is sure to employ RBBC this year.

D Davis is a gigantic question mark. Even if he does come back healthy, wo knows if he ends up being the #1 RB?

Remember, and this is very important, Kubiak was in the DEN system for a long, long time. He saw how Shanahan waited on RBs and was not afraid to start a lower round - and now undrafted - RB over guys who had better pedigrees but didn't back it up on the field.

Lundy right now seems to have all the earmarks of a DEN RB - right size, right running style, chains mover and Morency looks to me like an ideal CoP RB. If D Davis finally got healthy, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him as the #3 RB this year, especially given his proclivity to injury (read unreliability). I'd have a tough time drafting him before the 8th round knowing I can get either Morency later or even better Lundy much later.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I win plenty... but not with a cripple on my team. I'll take my risks with young unproven talent rather than with overrated gimps on a weak team that is sure to employ RBBC this year.

over rated, he is top 7 talent in that system without the Denver connection. He is hurt right now, but Id jump all over him in round 5 or later. To say you wouldnt touch him is ludicrous, becasue if he returns this season, he will put up solid numbers. And what makes you think there would be RBBC if Davis was healthy. You are completely off base.

D Davis is a gigantic question mark. Even if he does come back healthy, wo knows if he ends up being the #1 RB?

Remember, and this is very important, Kubiak was in the DEN system for a long, long time. He saw how Shanahan waited on RBs and was not afraid to start a lower round - and now undrafted - RB over guys who had better pedigrees but didn't back it up on the field.

Lundy right now seems to have all the earmarks of a DEN RB - right size, right running style, chains mover and Morency looks to me like an ideal CoP RB. If D Davis finally got healthy, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him as the #3 RB this year, especially given his proclivity to injury (read unreliability). I'd have a tough time drafting him before the 8th round knowing I can get either Morency later or even better Lundy much later.

nice insight there

Texans coach Gary Kubiak confirmed the Texans expect to use a Running Back by Committee in Week 1.

Speaking of this weekend's preseason game, Kubiak said, "Wali (Lundy) and (RB Vernand) Morency will play the game rotating as if we were playing opening day." This confirms that both running backs are quality fantasy sleepers, although they will be difficult to use because they may cancel each other out. Aug. 25 - 8:01 pm et

I'd say DD is out for week 1 for sure with this comment. I wouldn't risk a top 6 pick on him, after that he'd be well worth the gamble.

nice insight there

Maybe. I could be completely off-base also. But I do know that Kubiak watched for years as Shanahan put the best RB in his system in the starting backfield, rather than the most physically talented RB.

It ought to be interesting to see how Kubiak's decisions translate as he grows into the HC spot. But right now knowing where Kubiak came from, DD has a huge red flag on him. Sarge could be correct though - DD has shown some great numbers before for a bad team, and if he gets healthy, who knows? I just like where I can get Lundy right now in a draft (I also got a few WHO?!?! when I drafted him in the last round of a 16 rounder) - I'll let someone else take that huge risk/reward on DD higher than I can stomach it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

over rated, he is top 7 talent in that system without the Denver connection. He is hurt right now, but Id jump all over him in round 5 or later. To say you wouldnt touch him is ludicrous, becasue if he returns this season, he will put up solid numbers. And what makes you think there would be RBBC if Davis was healthy. You are completely off base.

I've always believed he is overrated even when healthy. Now he is trying to come back from an injury that will require him to play through pain the rest of his career. I'm not claiming to state any kind of facts in this thread at all. This is my opinion and I stand by it. I won't touch him. And I can guarantee that my not touching him isn't going to doom me to fantasy football failure. It's an informed decision.

In my local today some schmuck took DD @ 2:03 (After getting Peyton @ 1:10)....Chances are he won't make the playoffs. We have roster limits of 4 RB's total. His RB2 is Marion Barber. I took Vernand as my RB4 in the 11th Rd. Wali wasn't drafted, we only have 15 rounds with 2 IR slots. I am hoping that Morency pays off. I got S-Jax @ 1:12 and Foster and DeAngelo with back to backs in Rd 5 and 6. Had to handcuff them with the starter being a great RB2 regardless who it is. They have bye week 9 which gives me plenty of time to see what happens. My WR's are great with Boldin, R.Moss and Wayne.. (We start 3 and have only 5 on roster....B.Edwards and Wilford are other 2.) I had to decide between Vern or Wali...Hopefully I made the right pick....!!!