[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the Jets starting RB

nubins

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are drafting Houston higher than Blaylock even though Blaylock has started both pre-season games.

I think they are basing it on Houston starting games last year when Martin and Blaylock were injured.

Would have the pecking order as:

Blaylock, Barlow, Houston, Washington - to start the season.

Barlow, Blaylock, Houston, Washington - once Barlow learns the playbook a little.

Something I wrote elsewhere. Course now it can changed to 3 pre-season games for Blaylock.

Houston will probably even end up #4.

Edited by Riffraff

Derrick Blaylock will be the half-back for the first offensive play from scrimmage on opening day.

What happens after that is anyone's guess.

I don't see any of them being a real workhorse. They'll probably get 8-10 carries each.

It's a mess, but I grabbed Blaylock in the final round of our Prime Time draft and I was pretty happy about that. I can't see him getting 20 carries a game or anything, but it really looks like he could start and get 10-12 carries plus a few catches a game. Not a bad late round flier I figure.

the jets o looks so bad, they may score less than the 49ers did last season. their d is ok, but will be on the field so much they're going to have poor stats also. chad cannot throw the ball w/any juice downfield. how hard can it be to defend a team where all passes are under 10 yards.

I disagree regarding Pennington, he can throw the ball down field, he has a great arm, he just gets injured too easily.

When healthy Pennington will score

i watched a practice this past week and he did not look good at all. any time he throws the ball more than 10 yards it floats and takes forever to get to the receivers. i'm a jets fan but i would be shocked if they win 6 games this season. if they do, it'll be b/c of the defense.

i watched a practice this past week and he did not look good at all. any time he throws the ball more than 10 yards it floats and takes forever to get to the receivers. i'm a jets fan but i would be shocked if they win 6 games this season. if they do, it'll be b/c of the defense.

Think they will be able to stop the run this year?

I ask this not as a smartazz. just wondering if their run defense will be improved?

Always good to hear from someone who has watched some practices.

Shocked to win six games??? I think that's crazy talk. The Jets won four games with Brooks Bollinger, Cedric Houston, without Mawae and Fabini... I can go on and on. That team was a mess last year and still own 6 games. The Jets will win atleast six games- they are not as bad as people think.

Also, Washington started last week and only played a series. Supposedly, that entire week he was working with the first team. He got his shot and appears to have dropped the ball. It's really anyone's guess who the starting RB will be. Blaylock has looked solid thus far, though.

Jets will probably address RB in offseason via free agency or draft.

I'm wondering why the Jets and Martin have not announced his retirement??? It's not like they have to hide anything now that they got Barlow. The longer Martin stays quiet the longer I think he is going to give it a go and they want to keep him out of the pre-season. I would not be shocked to see Martin give it a try. I mean why show up and do the work day in and day out if your not going to try...I however have decided I do not want any part of the J-E-T-S this season I took a flyer on Blaylock late in a Keeper league. I dropped him last night and picked up Losman...Mistake??? maybe, but I have decide to walk away from the issue becauise I feel Blaylock will hold no value the next season when the Jets go get a back and with Barlow pickup I feel they got their starter..NOW..another team picked up Blaylock for 15.00 bid dollars which is pretty high bid so far. I guess that just shows you the diffrece of opinion here, but just think what the Jets staff feels. I just got tired of the headache. I still have Martin and I'll wait till he retires to dump him.

I disagree regarding Pennington...he has a great arm

I like Pennington, but clearly you have never actually watched him play. No one would ever describe Pennington as having a great arm, and that was prior to his two rotator cuff surgeries. :D

I like Pennington, but clearly you have never actually watched him play. No one would ever describe Pennington as having a great arm, and that was prior to his two rotator cuff surgeries. :D

agreed. pennington may have the weakest arm in the league as a matter of fact. he needs a slingshot to get it past the LB's. :D

Think they will be able to stop the run this year?

I ask this not as a smartazz. just wondering if their run defense will be improved?

Always good to hear from someone who has watched some practices.

Well you really can' tell from watching practice. based on everything that the papers are reporting, Robertson can't play nose tackle, at least not yet. they don't have the personnel to play the 3-4 and there is a lot of pessimism regarding vilma and whether he'll be as effective having to take on o-linemen to make plays. because i expect the d to be on the field a ton, you have to think that the run d will wear down as games go on.

Shocked to win six games??? I think that's crazy talk. The Jets won four games with Brooks Bollinger, Cedric Houston, without Mawae and Fabini... I can go on and on. That team was a mess last year and still own 6 games. The Jets will win atleast six games- they are not as bad as people think.

Also, Washington started last week and only played a series. Supposedly, that entire week he was working with the first team. He got his shot and appears to have dropped the ball. It's really anyone's guess who the starting RB will be. Blaylock has looked solid thus far, though.

Jets will probably address RB in offseason via free agency or draft.

Jets schedule this season:

Sep 10 @Tennessee 1:00pm

Sep 17 New England 4:15pm

Sep 24 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Oct 1 Indianapolis 1:00pm

Oct 8 @Jacksonville 4:05pm

Oct 15 Miami 4:15pm

Oct 22 Detroit 1:00pm

Oct 29 @Cleveland 4:15pm

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 @New England 1:00pm

Nov 19 Chicago 1:00pm

Nov 26 Houston 1:00pm

Dec 3 @Green Bay 1:00pm

Dec 10 Buffalo 1:00pm

Dec 17 @Minnesota 1:00pm

Dec 25 @Miami 8:30pm

Dec 31 Oakland

Figure they split with Buff and maybe Mia, beat Hou, Det, and Oak. Cle, Tenn and GB are toss ups. They'll probably win one of the games they're not supposed to as well. That would give them about six wins this year.

Edited by chonchito

Im not saying they can win 6 games, but in the past I've seen Pennington throw he is a decent QB, he just doesn't have good supporting players like an O-line, but if a Defense gives him a few seconds, he will burn them.

Jets schedule this season:

Sep 10 @Tennessee 1:00pm

Sep 17 New England 4:15pm

Sep 24 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Oct 1 Indianapolis 1:00pm

Oct 8 @Jacksonville 4:05pm

Oct 15 Miami 4:15pm

Oct 22 Detroit 1:00pm

Oct 29 @Cleveland 4:15pm

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 @New England 1:00pm

Nov 19 Chicago 1:00pm

Nov 26 Houston 1:00pm

Dec 3 @Green Bay 1:00pm

Dec 10 Buffalo 1:00pm

Dec 17 @Minnesota 1:00pm

Dec 25 @Miami 8:30pm

Dec 31 Oakland

Figure they split with Buff and maybe Mia, beat Hou, Det, and Oak. Cle, Tenn and GB are toss ups. They'll probably win one of the games they're not supposed to as well. That would give them about six wins this year.

I don't see them winning a game in the division. I guess Houston, Detroit, Oakland, Tennessee and GB are "winable" games - and someone will get caught looking past them - maybe someone like a Chicago or Minnesota. But I can't see the Jets scoring enough points to beat too many teams. I can't see them scoring more than 13 points per game, so I guess the question is how many 13-10 wins can they muster? 3, maybe 4 would be my guess.

On a positive note, I finally got my season tix after 11 years on the waiting list! Can't wait to get out there and freeze my a$$ off watching this pathetic organization invent new ways of losing. I bleed green....and lot's of it.