[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The most rediculous draft I ever witnessed!

I was at this draft last night picking 9 in a 12 team redraft. Performance scoring etc. Everything was ok, even taking Rudi at 5 (Thought it was a homer), until Ruben Droughns went 11. Then the wheels fell off. Team 11 followed up with Steve Smith (good pick) and then went Ben Troupe, Dallas Clark, Jay Feeley :D . Jake Delhome went as the 2nd QB drafted and was taken in the 3rd round and this guy followed up with DD in the 4th . :D Out of 12 teams, 5 of us have good teams and 4 of us have great teams. For most of these people this was the firt time they ever did fantasy football. But the funniest part of the whole night was when the person who drafted 2 TE,s and a kicker in round 3-5 said "Would you guys believe I won 3rd in a league last year?" :D I told the guy that set this up that we should have made the entry fee $500 dollars. :D

I almost feel guilty. :D

I was at this draft last night picking 9 in a 12 team redraft. Performance scoring etc. Everything was ok, even taking Rudi at 5 (Thought it was a homer), until Ruben Droughns went 11. Then the wheels fell off. Team 11 followed up with Steve Smith (good pick) and then went Ben Troupe, Dallas Clark, Jay Feeley :D . Jake Delhome went as the 2nd QB drafted and was taken in the 3rd round and this guy followed up with DD in the 4th . :D Out of 12 teams, 5 of us have good teams and 4 of us have great teams. For most of these people this was the firt time they ever did fantasy football. But the funniest part of the whole night was when the person who drafted 2 TE,s and a kicker in round 3-5 said "Would you guys believe I won 3rd in a league last year?" :D I told the guy that set this up that we should have made the entry fee $500 dollars. :D

I almost feel guilty. :D

Who is on your team?

I hate when there is newbie drafters in the room. Last night in a 10 team league some guy drafted Edge at 1.8 and the 1.9 and 1.10 both went double WR on the turn and 1.8 got R.Brown also. I couldn't believe that they took 2 wr's right off the bat and just handed 1.8 Brown. I was so mad :D

I hate when there is newbie drafters in the room. Last night in a 10 team league some guy drafted Edge at 1.8 and the 1.9 and 1.10 both went double WR on the turn and 1.8 got R.Brown also. I couldn't believe that they took 2 wr's right off the bat and just handed 1.8 Brown. I was so mad :D

Yeah what is worst than newbie owners are 2nd year owners. They think they know everything. I love knocking them down a peg or two once draft is over and they are looking dazed and confused.

Yeah what is worst than newbie owners are 2nd year owners. They think they know everything. I love knocking them down a peg or two once draft is over and they are looking dazed and confused.

a newcomer to my league who bragged about doing fantasy for 14 years and how he was in 5 leagues took Steve Smith and CJ at 1.11 and 2.02 with LJ2, Westy, McGahee, KJ and Portis available...

a newcomer to my league who bragged about doing fantasy for 14 years and how he was in 5 leagues took Steve Smith and CJ at 1.11 and 2.02 with LJ2, Westy, McGahee, KJ and Portis available...

Depending on the scoring Avenus, I'd do them 2 before the sh*t RB's with mucho questionmarks you have listed.......

Depending on the scoring Avenus, I'd do them 2 before the sh*t RB's with mucho questionmarks you have listed.......

Westbrook and LJ2 are the likely picks IMO...

he ended up with Dillon, Foster and Fred Taylor...

I just don't think that was wise...

Sounds not unlike my local last eve. after round 1, there was a huge run on WRs. I drafted Alexander in the 1st, and lo-and-behold who was waiting for me in the 2nd? Rudi Johnson! I was estatic, but then checked and Rudi and Alexander both have byes week 5. That changed my whole draft strategy knowing I needed 2 quality RB's to make it thru my bye week.

I ended up with:

E. Manning, S. McNair

S.Alexander, Rudi, T. Jones, L. Maroney

C. Chambers, R. Wayne, L. Evans, Tj Houshmamamama

T. Heap, R. McMichael

J. Kasay, M. Koenen

CAR/MIA Def

:D:D

Edited by drafter

Sounds not unlike my local last eve. after round 1, there was a huge run on WRs. I drafted Alexander in the 1st, and lo-and-behold who was waiting for me in the 2nd? Rudi Johnson! I was estatic, but then checked and Rudi and Alexander both have byes week 5. That changed my whole draft strategy knowing I needed 2 quality RB's to make it thru my bye week.

I ended up with:

E. Manning, S. McNair

S.Alexander, Rudi, T. Jones, L. Maroney

C. Chambers, R. Wayne, L. Evans, Tj Houshmamamama

T. Heap, R. McMichael

J. Kasay, M. Koenen

CAR/MIA Def

:D:D

Was this a 10 or 12 team league?

that's retarded. I'm completely open to the "stud WR theory" but not when you clearly have stud RBs still available, and can bag not one, but two of them on the turn...simply retarded.

that's retarded. I'm completely open to the "stud WR theory" but not when you clearly have stud RBs still available, and can bag not one, but two of them on the turn...simply retarded.

What if the scoring system favors WRs? I'm not saying it does in this case, but many leagues have succeeded in balancing out QB, RB and WR positions to get away from the neanderthal RB bias.

What if the scoring system favors WRs? I'm not saying it does in this case, but many leagues have succeeded in balancing out QB, RB and WR positions to get away from the neanderthal RB bias.

I'm completely open to the theory, even without special scoring for WRs, but Id rather take a RB that is involved in the passing game (LJ2, Foster, LT2, blah blah) if I have the chance.

The difference between tier 1 and tier 2 WRs is not nearly as marginal as the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 Rbs....I think anyway...