[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When will Cutler take over for Plummer?

Turf Smurf

Since I have Plummer in a Dynasty I hope not too soon. Am I missing something or did Plummer actually have a decent year? Everyone seems to be down on him.

I'm not down on him, I just see Cutler potentially becoming the 2nd coming of Elway. He has a rocket for an arm and has played extremely smart and poised this pre-season. I know it won't be this year, unless Plummer gets hurt or gets a bad case of the interception bug, I was just curious what others thought.

I'm not down on him, I just see Cutler potentially becoming the 2nd coming of Elway. He has a rocket for an arm and has played extremely smart and poised this pre-season. I know it won't be this year, unless Plummer gets hurt or gets a bad case of the interception bug, I was just curious what others thought.

I agree that Cutler has a bright future. don't hurt to be coming up with a Bronco team that always make sure its QB gets time to throw the ball.

Just seems like many absolutely hate the Plummer.

I say 2 years from now...

When does Plummer's contract run out?

I think Shanny DEFINITELY has Cutler sitting and watching, maybe doing some mop-up duty this year. Next year, unless he really wows 'em and is CLEARLY better than Plummer in the preseason, he sits but maybe earns an odd start. After that, unless he completely flops, the job is his.

When does Plummer's contract run out?

I think Shanny DEFINITELY has Cutler sitting and watching, maybe doing some mop-up duty this year. Next year, unless he really wows 'em and is CLEARLY better than Plummer in the preseason, he sits but maybe earns an odd start. After that, unless he completely flops, the job is his.

I think the only way Cutler plays is if the broncos are out of a playoff race or Plummer gets hurt...if Plummer gets hurt, I could easily see Roethlisberger pt. 2 here with all his weapons and the defense...

if they suck next year, Cutler gets the ball....but I doubt they will be out of a playoff race with Oakland looking like they are miles away from a .500 record and KC getting ready to rebuild IMO...

also, I am pretty sure Plummer signed a long-term deal to stay in denver and I get the feeling he would be willing to stay on as a backup when he's 34 or so....ala Jon Kitna in Cincy..

Plummer still has 2 seasons in DEN. He hasn't done anything to warrant losing the job at any point over the last 2 seasons.

As if that makes a difference these days. :D

Jake the Fake has re-established himself in the NFL..and while he still chokes in the big spot, he's definitely a great QB, and able to drive a winning team. I say 2 years from now before Cutler gets the ropes. :D

edit: maybe "chokes in the big spot" is kinda harsh. But you know what I mean.

Edited by LooGie

Outside of injury no sooner than next year.

Yup. Plummer is actually a great QB for Denver. I can't think of any QB in the league that rolls out and throws as well as Plummer like Shanny likes to do in that system.

Yes, Plummer does make dumb mistakes, though he's much better than he used to be. He started 16 games last year and threw 7 picks.

There's a future HoF guy that plays in GB that has been know to make bad decisons too. :D

Plummer likes to throw interceptions. So I think if he stays in his last year form he will be ok...but if he goes back a few seasons Shanny may pull the trigger. Especially since Shanny has short term memory and Cutler is doing so well.

I was never a big fan of Plummer.