[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston @ Denver

HowboutthemCowboys

As Sharpe pointed out, Bell seems to lack vision, fighting it a bit, and running into blockers. From where I sit, T Bell seems to have much better vision. I give the Mike Bell motivation experiment a maxium of two regular season weeks.

Could be wrong, but its more than not settling down.

Exactly. I keep trying to warn you guys (M. Bell owners) to get rid of him (or don't draft him) and GET TATUM NOW!!! He will come cheap and will be a 1500 yd back. Guys are all giddy jumping up and down about an undrafted FA who has done nothing but get "appointed" starter by one of the biggest mind fu&%ers in coaching history. Bell will be great. Don't say I didn't warn you. Mike Bell is a joke. WATCH!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I keep trying to warn you guys (M. Bell owners) to get rid of him (or don't draft him) and GET TATUM NOW!!! He will come cheap and will be a 1500 yd back. Guys are all giddy jumping up and down about an undrafted FA who has done nothing but get "appointed" starter by one of the biggest mind fu&%ers in coaching history. Bell will be great. Don't say I didn't warn you. Mike Bell is a joke. WATCH!

wow...Tatum would die if he ran the ball that many times...

Ummm someone definitely needs to keep an eye on you if you ever have Tatum Bell pics pulled up on the internet... :D

I would project Tatum to get 1-10 carries each game. They should a comparison of games that he has more or less than 10 carries. 6.2 when less 2.9 when more. Mike Bell is the starter, but is no fantasy stud and should be only looked at as a bench option IMO.

the 1st and last sentences are good.The 2nd and 3rd are :D

What he was trying to say was there was a graphic that showed:

Tatum Bell averaged 6.2 yards a carry when he had 10 or less than carries a game.

He averaged 2.9 yards a carry when he had more than 10 carries a game.

From the top row of Invesco Field @ Mile High...

1. I didn't see a bird higher than I. They were all flying below me. I had to stop to catch my breath and get my thighs rubbed down before reaching our row.

2. Lundy took all reps in the 1st half. Morency came in the 2nd half, with the starters for at least 2 series. Morency, imho, looked better than Lundy, but the stats say different. I think Lundy got a lot of his yards in the 2 min drill in the last of the 1st half, when DEN was expecting pass. Lundy ripped off several long (6-15 yds) runs in a row. In the 2nd half, VMorency appeared to always fall forward for a couple more yards, every play. They both looked good, though, and could be a RBBC in HOU. However, I doubt it. DEN, with Kubiak, prefers no RBBC, but does like the change-of-pace back when the personnel allows it. Right now, in HOU, it's a toss-up, imho.

3. MBell didn't look sharp (nobody looked sharp from where I was sitting). TBell looked the better back. MBell slipped a couple times, early on. MBell didn't do anything to lose the job (no fumbles). But, he didn't do anything to lock it up either. TBell did everything, imho, to challenge for that #1 spot. Again, imho, it's a toss-up in DEN.

4. DCarr was crap. In the first quarter (or something like that), was 1 for 2 for 9 yds. Included an INT, a sack or two. A pass was never in the direction of a WR, much less a completion. His 2nd completion was the INT. A couple more completions to the RBs, then finally to the TE ODaniels. The 2nd quarter finally saw some passes to the WRs. EMoulds looked rusty and slow early on. Then, he began to get open and DCarr found him a couple times. AJohnson had a couple catches, but nothing spectacular. I have both these WRs in different leagues, and I'm worried. I really don't know how DCarr ended up with 128 yds passing. That has to be a typo, or DEN put in their 3rd stringers in the 2nd quarter. Forget RBush, HOU should've taken a QB with the 1.01.

5. Mario Williams. I couldn't tell which one was Williams, but his number didn't get called a lot. DeMeco Ryan was in a lot of tackles. This guy was a steal for HOU at 2.01.

6. Did I say DCarr was crap? Jeepers, he looked terrible. He was well outside the pocket in one play, could've thrown it away. Instead, he tries to fall forward. He loses the grip on the football, fumbles, and was lucky that DEN never had possession before it went out of bounds. Idiot. He looked rattled, unsure, and like the 2005 version all over again. At the end of the 2nd quarter, the 2-min drill, about 15 secs to go, 3rd down and in (or near) the redzone, DCarr spikes the ball to stop the clock at 11 secs, bring up 4th down, and kick a FG. What the crap was that? Throw it to the corner of the EZ. Hope for a miracle and a catch, or defensive pass interference, or an incompletion. Don't spike it with 11 secs to go on a 3rd down!

7. DEN's passing game. Sharp. Regardless of Plummer or Cutler. It was on, and the timing was down. RSmith and JWalker both looked good.

Wish I had more answers, but I don't.

From the top row of Invesco Field @ Mile High...

7. DEN's passing game. Sharp. Regardless of Plummer or Cutler. It was on, and the timing was down. RSmith and JWalker both looked good.

Wish I had more answers, but I don't.

how did walker's speed and agility look?...if you could tell

how did walker's speed and agility look?...if you could tell

I really wasn't paying attention to the WRs, as I was trying to figure out the RBs. JWalker looked like he was ready to go, from what I saw. He didn't look like he was holding anything back. But, he's still a WR2 in DEN. The ball will be spread around a lot in DEN. Rod Smith, Javon Walker, the occassional DWatts, the RBs, the TEs.

Walker looks A-OK

Yeah, he wasn't much of a factor overall, but had a great catch right out of the gate. Over the shoulder, 15 yards or so down field, and out in front. He had to stretch, but did so an reeled it in. Great athletic play. He looks poised to have a great year. :D

I was impressed with Walker. Almost all of his catches were tough grabs. He seemed to be targeted alot by Jake as well. He looked tougher to guard than Smith. If DEF coordinators focus on Smith too much, look out. But, if they are smart...look for Smith to get alot of 1 on 1 coverage, and still do quite well this year.

Edited by Hitman

Yeah, he wasn't much of a factor overall, but had a great catch right out of the gate. Over the shoulder, 15 yards or so down field, and out in front. He had to stretch, but did so an reeled it in. Great athletic play. He looks poised to have a great year. :D

there was one catch where he gave the guy a piggy back for 3 or 4 yards....I was impressed..

Very disappointed in the running game as a whole from Denver. I noticed that Tatum constantly ran behind a fullback, while Mike ran behind 2 TE sets. Frakly I think that Shanny wanted to get the passing game going with Sheftler and Walker just to get a small glimpse of how they look.

By the way, that TD by Tatum was a joke. He almost missed it. The Center and right guard blew out the D-line and what does Tatum do....he runs right into the pile to his left. He had to spin back to his right and fall in to score. Mike definitely looks better in short yardage situations.

I also noticed that Tatum was running through gaping holes. I didn't see the same holes for Mike and think that was because of the lack of a fullback.

Let the Dayne talk stop. He's done and probably won't make this team. The only players working toward the #1 spot are both named Bell period. Unless Mike drops on the depth chart by Thurs. of this week, he will be the starter come week 1.

Very disappointed in the running game as a whole from Denver. I noticed that Tatum constantly ran behind a fullback, while Mike ran behind 2 TE sets. Frakly I think that Shanny wanted to get the passing game going with Sheftler and Walker just to get a small glimpse of how they look.

By the way, that TD by Tatum was a joke. He almost missed it. The Center and right guard blew out the D-line and what does Tatum do....he runs right into the pile to his left. He had to spin back to his right and fall in to score. Mike definitely looks better in short yardage situations.

I also noticed that Tatum was running through gaping holes. I didn't see the same holes for Mike and think that was because of the lack of a fullback.

Let the Dayne talk stop. He's done and probably won't make this team. The only players working toward the #1 spot are both named Bell period. Unless Mike drops on the depth chart by Thurs. of this week, he will be the starter come week 1.

I noticed Tatum's crappy GL run...

and Mike Bell always had guys on him...and I didn't realize the FB/2TE sets....but it makes perfect sense...

Mike was out there plenty in single back sets..

thx for the info.

stat lines very often don't tell the whole story.