[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wali Lundy thread

MrTed46

Ill admit I was watchin bits and pieces of the game and once Entourage came on I stopped watching.

Having said that, I thought Lundy looked fantastic against the 1st D of Denver. He did fumble it once but it looked like a helmet hit the ball (not him slipping it up). I didn't get to see Maroncey (Spell check) play at all.

What do you guys feel about these two? Which one is better than the other?

I have a GOOD feeling about one of them this yr. DD will not make it at all...his cartilage is serious. Carr loves to dump it to a RB and FB (Jamal Cook), so I like these guys in PPR leagues.

I thought Kubiak's original plan was to have Lundy and Morency spend an equal amount of time playing with the first team offense, but Lundy played the entire first half. Morency did get a series or two with the first team offense in the 3rd quarter, but that was about it.

As someone else pointed out in another thread, I think the fact that Lundy played the entire first half in the critical 3rd preseason game pretty much says it all. Obviously, Kubiak has him penciled in as the starter as long as Davis is out.

I certainly didn't see any reason tonight why Lundy shouldn't be the starter. He ran with authority, he caught the ball out of the backfield, and he picked up the blitz. Morency looked fine, but I think he needed to look spectacular to challenge Lundy and that didn't happen.

So I think Wali will be the man for the first few weeks of the season and maybe even longer.

man 4 months ago people believed houston would have the only rookie rb getting any significant playing time, guess everyone was right. this situation doesnt even sound like rbbc unless lundy "drops the ball". what a break for this ex-cavalier

My divisional rival drafted DD this year and around round 11 Lundy was still out there so I figured i'd take him for poops and giggles. Now I'm kind of hoping he gets some serious playing time.

I think he will. I like DD alot but his knee will not heal. Even if he comes back he can't carry a full load. I honestly think his career is done.

I just drafted him at 10:04. Morency went at 9:10. :D

My divisional rival drafted DD this year and around round 11 Lundy was still out there so I figured i'd take him for poops and giggles. Now I'm kind of hoping he gets some serious playing time.

Just scooped that giggle. I really wanted Norwood, but one is playing and the other isn't. :D

I wonder how much value Morency has as compared to, say, Verron Haynes of Pit. I see both in similar situations, but would it stand to reason that Morency looks to get more playing time, given DD's injurt and Lundy being a rookie?