[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What NFL team are you most heavily invested in?

Thews40

Think if you built a team around Green Bay… I could see a homer doing this. You could have A.Green, Driver, Ferguson and Favre. Let’s just assume they all stay healthy and fire on all cylinders… it would be money. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, but you could build that team cheap enough to have some high-level depth on other NFL teams. If you wanted the entire starting line-up of the 49er’s, you'd only have to start spending draft picks in the 6th or later. I’m not saying I’d do it, but if I was a homer I might.

Of all the NFL teams that make up my teams, I’d have to say I’m most heavily invested in the Ravens. If the Ravens suck, my teams are gonna suck… maybe. I have McNair/Mason on two teams. The money leagues are the ones that count, and I’m waiting to see what actually happens when the first real NFL games are over.

So what one NFL team are you counting on the most for your combined fantasy teams? Remember this about gambling, $o what NFL team either makes you or breaks you?

PS - I’ll add some “I told you so” predictions. Injury can’t be predicted unless it exists in preseason, so let’s just assume this is based on what we know now. I’m bored and nauseated :D by all the RMT threads, and for what it’s worth I already know most of you will disagree with most of this. That’s not the point… predict away. Oh, if I offended you by the knock on RMT's.... I really don't care.

Wayne will surpass Harrison this year in FF points

The Rams will be fighting for a wild card spot… the Raiders won’t be, as they’ll be mathematically eliminated.

R.Brown, Edge and LJ won’t be worthy of their draft slot… Fred Taylor and D. McCalister will. Note that this year more than any I’ve experienced showed the greatest number of histrionically stud starting RB’s falling off the map. A.Green, Duce, Taylor and J.Lewis come to mind, as they’re still the starting RB. I doubt if Green will make it the season, Duce will probably be helped with Bush in an RBBC, and Taylor really hasn’t been that injury prone all things considered. The offensive line is key in the running game, and it’s why I just don’t see Edge and LJ having great seasons.

J. Lewis will come back as a ten 10 RB and McNair will prove he’s the man and take this team to the playoffs. The Ravens will win the division

TO will be a top 5 FF WR at the end of the season. Ok, I have him, so this is biased, but I still think it happens. Roy Williams will be top 5 too… ok, maybe 6th.

McNabb will be on the waiver wire by week 7.

There won't be a "The case for Peyton Manning" in the first round article next year.

M.Vick will have his best year in FF points.

The Bears won't be a top 5 fantasy D. I know they play a lot of low scoring games in the cold, but there just isn't enough offense to keep the D off the field.

I've been grabbing CAR players in all my drafts, but while, they have a great team, and most of their spots are top notch (ie: WR, QB, DEF, backup RB, K) I'm mostly doing it because I'm a homer.

But they do have a good team...

Right?

I've been grabbing CAR players in all my drafts, but while, they have a great team, and most of their spots are top notch (ie: WR, QB, DEF, backup RB, K) I'm mostly doing it because I'm a homer.

But they do have a good team...

Right?

Money... but it'll cost you if it were one FF team. You'd have to take S.Smith with the first pick followed by the RB's. If you're drafting with homers that's close to impossible... but fun if you put up the $$ to find out.

Money... but it'll cost you if it were one FF team. You'd have to take S.Smith with the first pick followed by the RB's. If you're drafting with homers that's close to impossible... but fun if you put up the $$ to find out.

well, i haven't gotten SSmith in any leagues, simply because of that reason. I'd have Smitty's man babies and all, but I'm not passing on most late 1st round RBs to do so.

if you started eli, tiki, plax, shocky, feely, and the giants def every week i think you would do allright...except for week 4 of course. but i think you would be nuts to try it

there's this group of guys I know that setup a FF league based on your favorite team. (or any team you choose in the draft anyway) You pick a team, and you get that team. QB, RBs WRs, DEF..the whole shabang. Could be interesting...I told them to piss off when they invited me, but still...

edit: I think you'd be okay with MIA too..their DEF is looking good, and alot of offensive weapons.

CIN is a great one also, IND is a given, even with the backfield being somewhat congested.

I think the best option would be CAR though. Even the kicker is solid.

Edited by LooGie

Good post. Not saying I agree w/ everything (McNabb, for instance), but good read anyway. This is what I like to read is someone w/ an "out of the box" opinion(s) who's not afraid to post it here.

I too, am sick of all the tards posting their rosters here in the hope that someone will give them a little pat on the back.

To address your topic, I don't have a heavy investment in any one team, though it would stand to reason to pick Colts, Giants, Seahawks, etc., as they're the better more potent offenses and good PK and DTs.

How about this for 5hits and giggles:

1st - Edge

2nd - Fitz

3rd - Boldin

4th - best rb/wr

5th - " "

6th/7th - Warner

late rounds - Rackers/AZ defense

(Oh my god I'm falling for it...

take a deep breath and repeat...

Bill Bidwill is still the owner.

Bill Bidwill is still the owner.