[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Jones done for the year

Wolv

This really shafts the Jags. Taylor is going to be injured this year, he's crested the 30 years old mark and was never durable in the first place plus the team wouldn't even admit he was the starter until recently. Jones was looking great this year and was slated for significant play this year and could have been a great hold for when Taylor went down. Now with Jones out of the equation, there is no one similar to him on the roster.

Toefield is nothing special. Maurice Drew is interesting though obviously undersized. Very unfortunate for Jones and the Jaguars and if this means that Taylor gets more work, it won't do much for his durability issues.

Stephen Davis? :D

Place your money on Maurice Drew, he is short, but he is built like a tank. Pearman is a good returner, 3rd down guy, but he didn't show explosion outa the hole like Drew has so far.

I drafted Drew in all my leagues this year, he is a def sleeper candidate.

Call me crazy, :D but I think that Fred may be a good sleeper this year. I think he will finally stay healthy for once. I know, I know... :D:D

I've been saying it every year for the past six years...and I am NOT doing so this year.

Of course, it means he'll bust 1,500 and 15 TD's! :D:D:D

This really shafts the Jags. Taylor is going to be injured this year, he's crested the 30 years old mark and was never durable in the first place plus the team wouldn't even admit he was the starter until recently. Jones was looking great this year and was slated for significant play this year and could have been a great hold for when Taylor went down.

And that is why I drafted G Jones over Fragile Fred in the GvE league. :D

"Aug 28 It has been confirmed by coach Jack Del Rio that Jones is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee, the Jaguars' official site reports.

Recommendation: Del Rio also said that Derrick Wimbush and LaBrandon Toefield are the initial candidates to replace Jones as the team's short-yardage and goal-line running back. In any case, Jones' value as Fred Taylor insurance is shot, so cross him off your cheat sheets immediately. "

So who is Derrick Wimbush?

Edited by CD6405

He is the guy that Del Rio thinks will be the initial candidate to replace Jones as the team's short-yardage and goal-line running back. :D

The fullback.

And don't get caught up in this goal line back for the Jags, they have a Big QB, and the largest receiving corps by a large margin in the NFL, they don't have to pound it, they can lob junk balls to the sidelines.

When they do run, they'll send Pearman or Drew around the side.

Edited by H8tank

I just picked up Maurice Drew and expect 2,000 total yards and 4 TDs.

Temper your expectations a little, geesh, he'll probably only get 1500 yards... :D

Toefield is a non story, the guy may not have made the team this year, and no one else wanted him. He is a dedicated team guy, a nice person, he may get a few carries, but he was never gonna be 'the' guy. He had his chance, Jags response? They drafted Pearman and Drew.

Temper your expectations a little, geesh, he'll probably only get 1500 yards... :D

Toefield is a non story, the guy may not have made the team this year, and no one else wanted him. He is a dedicated team guy, a nice person, he may get a few carries, but he was never gonna be 'the' guy. He had his chance, Jags response? They drafted Pearman and Drew.

So who do I bench for him? Larry Johnson or Ronnie Brown? :D

In my draft tonight, one of my leaguemates ripped me for taking a late round flyer on Toefield; I pointed out to him that Drew is the size of his infant son.

In my draft tonight, one of my leaguemates ripped me for taking a late round flyer on Toefield; I pointed out to him that Drew is the size of his infant son.

THIS GUY was roughly the same size as Drew.

I wouldn't complain about this type of production:

1985 | 16 | 294 1336 4.5 21 | 22 212 9.6 0 |

1986 | 15 | 341 1516 4.4 14 | 21 233 11.1 1 |

:D

I pointed out to him that Drew is the size of his infant son.

Drews thighs are larger than your chest and he is faster than your beer truck. Toefield washes your beer truck come December.

Why do you think toefield was inactive in half the games last year if he was so awesome? Why was he given the minimum tender for restricted free agents when no other team wanted him?

Supercuts, sorry, I can't bring politics into this forum, suffice it to say, liberals can't play football, let alone fantasy football. Now go save a seal or something ginger.

Drews thighs are larger than your chest and he is faster than your beer truck. Toefield washes your beer truck come December.

Why do you think toefield was inactive in half the games last year if he was so awesome? Why was he given the minimum tender for restricted free agents when no other team wanted him?

Supercuts, sorry, I can't bring politics into this forum, suffice it to say, liberals can't play football, let alone fantasy football. Now go save a seal or something ginger.

Good one Jeannie.

Beats me; it's a mystery right up there with why on every depth chart I can find the awesome Jones-Drew is behind Toefield AND Pearman. :D

Edited by Chavez

THIS GUY was roughly the same size as Drew.

I wouldn't complain about this type of production:

1985 | 16 | 294 1336 4.5 21 | 22 212 9.6 0 |

1986 | 15 | 341 1516 4.4 14 | 21 233 11.1 1 |

:D

knew who that was before i clicked the link, those may have been his only productive fantasy years but he was a great back...i got a football signed by him, a nice piece in my giants shrine