[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stallworth to the Eagles

rattsass

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Traded for a LB and contingent draft pick 3rd or 4th.

Doesn't really change Stallworths value much I would suppose, but will shake up the pass distribution for all others involved on both teams.

Traded for a LB and contingent draft pick 3rd or 4th.

Doesn't really change Stallworths value much I would suppose, but will shake up the pass distribution for all others involved on both teams.

More balls for Joe Horn

Bethel Johnson.....the new Stallworth :D

Yeah... I think Horn's Value goes up. That's probably it for fantasy implications. I don't know that Reggie Brown is a better fantasy option. He fits the pocession receiver role better, Stallworth will be the speed guy on the outside which they needed. He may make Pinkston expendable.

Yeah... I think Horn's Value goes up. That's probably it for fantasy implications. I don't know that Reggie Brown is a better fantasy option. He fits the pocession receiver role better, Stallworth will be the speed guy on the outside which they needed. He may make Pinkston expendable.

Pinkston is finished...he's everything Pinkston was and more....

I also think

Stallworth>Lelie....but that's not saying much..

I don't see this is a huge benefit to the Eagles immediately. It takes most veteran WRs a year to really understand the system of a new team and Stallworth missed most of training camp with the Eagles. I'm guessing that he doesn't even see a pass in his direction for the first couple of weeks. Next year is something different, but this year is toast for him IMO.

I don't see this is a huge benefit to the Eagles immediately. It takes most veteran WRs a year to really understand the system of a new team and Stallworth missed most of training camp with the Eagles. I'm guessing that he doesn't even see a pass in his direction for the first couple of weeks. Next year is something different, but this year is toast for him IMO.

him and Mcnabb just have to get on the same page...

he'll be best used on deep patterns and curl routes..

I think this is a very good move for the Eagles. Stallworth is a talented wide receiver, and maybe a new location and a coach like Reid will get his head on straight. Fantasy-wise, I think Stallworth value remains the same, McNabb and Horn's value go up, Reggie Brown's value goes down slightly, and whoever takes over the # 2 WR for the Saints (Devery Henderson ?) is now on the radar as a sleeper.....

As for the Saints, I know they were struggling at LB and Stallworth didn't seem to be fitting in there, so it might not be a bad move for them either.

It might take a little bit for Stallworth to get into the fold, but, I really like this move by the Eagles.

I think this is a very good move for the Eagles. Stallworth is a talented wide receiver, and maybe a new location and a coach like Reid will get his head on straight. Fantasy-wise, I think Stallworth value remains the same, McNabb and Horn's value go up, Reggie Brown's value goes down slightly, and whoever takes over the # 2 WR for the Saints (Devery Henderson ?) is now on the radar as a sleeper.....

As for the Saints, I know they were struggling at LB and Stallworth didn't seem to be fitting in there, so it might not be a bad move for them either.

It might take a little bit for Stallworth to get into the fold, but, I really like this move by the Eagles.

I think Brown's value goes up actually...

he's never started with a WR as good as Stallworth on the other side...

he had Greg Lewis opposite last year

I think Brown's value goes up actually...

he's never started with a WR as good as Stallworth on the other side...

he had Greg Lewis opposite last year

I've never been a huge believer in that theory. I think adding a solid WR like Stallworth will create another target to go along with Westbrook, LJ, & Brown. I think that will lead to less catches than he would have had before. Time will tell though. I think the big winners are the Eagles and McNabb though. I think Stallworth has a very high ceiling and I predict a change of scenery will be good for him.

I've never been a huge believer in that theory. I think adding a solid WR like Stallworth will create another target to go along with Westbrook, LJ, & Brown. I think that will lead to less catches than he would have had before. Time will tell though. I think the big winners are the Eagles and McNabb though. I think Stallworth has a very high ceiling and I predict a change of scenery will be good for him.

another weapon will help keep drives alive...

Apparently the Eagles didn't learn a thing when they picked up Gaffney & then realized that they couldn't turn someone else's turd into a polished gem on their team.

However, the Eagles are quickly assembling what could be the largest pile of excrement at WR that the league has seen in a while... How did they ever resist picking up Lelie - maybe his possessing a few minimal receiving skills scared them off.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Agree with this, but, still see it as either a downgrade or the same value for Reggie Brown. Time will tell though.

From Huddle Players News-someone disagrees.

Donte' Stallworth - WR, New Orleans Saints 08/28/06

WR Donte Stallworth was traded today to the Philadelphia Eagles. Stallworth, the former first round pick of the New Orleans Saints will immediately become the No. 1 receiving option in Philadelphia due to his experience over the other receivers on the team.

Huddle Up: This trade gives the Eagles the receiver that they have been looking for in a No. 1. Fantasy owners can downgrade Reggie Brown in lieu of these events. Brown should still be a huge contributor to the offense this year but will likely be the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart due to this trade.