[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stallworth to the Eagles

rattsass

From Huddle Players News-someone disagrees.

Donte' Stallworth - WR, New Orleans Saints 08/28/06

WR Donte Stallworth was traded today to the Philadelphia Eagles. Stallworth, the former first round pick of the New Orleans Saints will immediately become the No. 1 receiving option in Philadelphia due to his experience over the other receivers on the team.

Huddle Up: This trade gives the Eagles the receiver that they have been looking for in a No. 1. Fantasy owners can downgrade Reggie Brown in lieu of these events. Brown should still be a huge contributor to the offense this year but will likely be the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart due to this trade.

Stallworth still has to learn the offense...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also own him and am curious, but I have to say that this does help him. He moves from a number 2 on a team with a QB returning from surgery to Mcnabb and a chance at #1. If he was as bad as they obviously say he was in training camp, stallworth owners didn't want him there anyways. This might be opening up the door for...Reggie to run some WR?? maybe the Saints would trade for Branch??

maybe the Saints would trade for Branch??

The Saints and the Pats do have a history of trading so that's still a possibility.

Was Stallworth returning kicks/punts for the Saints? This could also help the Eagles in that aspect. JR Reed is coming back from a very serious injury and I would rather have Stallworth returning kicks then Westbrook (for injury purposes) or Mahe (for suckiness purposes).

Was Stallworth returning kicks/punts for the Saints? This could also help the Eagles in that aspect. JR Reed is coming back from a very serious injury and I would rather have Stallworth returning kicks then Westbrook (for injury purposes) or Mahe (for suckiness purposes).

good point!

Stallworth still has to learn the offense...

He beats the holy shatners outta Fred Ex.

I now think the Eagles are serious contenders. Stallworth has all the tools, and if history tells us anything, McNabb needs just one real WR to make the NFC feel very nervous.

Edited by Ruffian

Apparently the Eagles didn't learn a thing when they picked up Gaffney & then realized that they couldn't turn someone else's turd into a polished gem on their team.

However, the Eagles are quickly assembling what could be the largest pile of excrement at WR that the league has seen in a while... How did they ever resist picking up Lelie - maybe his possessing a few minimal receiving skills scared them off.

You say the Eagles are trying to turn someone else's turd into a gem and then ask why they resist Ashley Lelie? :D

Also, anyone know who is likely to be the other starting WR on the Saints now that Stollworth is gone.

Reggie Bush.....Everyone is talking about how Stallworth will affect the Eagles. What we're missing here is the increased value of Reggie Bush. We know he was already going to be lined up in a slot position for some plays. I think this will increase his receptions and the frequency that he might line up as a WR. Any thoughts? :D

Guys, Henderson isn't a lock to be the Saints #2. There is some stiff rookie competition there, especially from Colston.

Good trade for both teams. Philly - beware though that although Stallworth is a receiver, actually catching the ball is by far his weakest area.

Guys, Henderson isn't a lock to be the Saints #2. There is some stiff rookie competition there, especially from Colston.

Good trade for both teams. Philly - beware though that although Stallworth is a receiver, actually catching the ball is by far his weakest area.

Horn sat out practice today (got dinged a little Saturday night) -- Colston and Jamal Jones were the WRs running with the first team today.

My outlook

Stalworth is the best WR on the Eagle roster by far. his stats will be excellent as long as his hammy lets.Philly fans better beware of the hammy though.

I think this is very good for Joe Horn owners because Stalworth may be better than him now.

I think this kills Reggie Brown owners(except when Stalworth gets a hammy). he will be the 2nd option and I don't see McNabb using his 2nd WR as much as most other teams will.

I think this increases Devery Hendersona whole lot but unless it is a real deep league I would not be looking his way.

My outlook

Stalworth is the best WR on the Eagle roster by far. his stats will be excellent as long as his hammy lets.Philly fans better beware of the hammy though.

I think this is very good for Joe Horn owners because Stalworth may be better than him now.

I think this kills Reggie Brown owners(except when Stalworth gets a hammy). he will be the 2nd option and I don't see McNabb using his 2nd WR as much as most other teams will.

I think this increases Devery Hendersona whole lot but unless it is a real deep league I would not be looking his way.

I disagree with part of that...

McNabb prides himself in being able to spread the ball around..and if Stallworth is productive, it will just open things up for Brown...

Brown is a very good posession receiver and will be better than Stallworth in a year or 2...

McNabb will try and get Brown, Baskett, Stallworth, LJSmith and Westy all the same amount of looks....if the defense allows it...

he won't throw into double coverage like alot of QB's will....if Stallworth is playing pretty good...that just makes everyone else that much better and open more often...

I see it as Stallworth will be the #1 w/o a doubt. I'm actually kinda shocked people don't think this is the case. It may take awhile for him to learn the offense, but T.O. did just fine when he came in. Stallworth has tons of potential, and McNabb will be looking for him like crazy.

As a R. Brown owner, I'm rather displeased with this. I've been grabbing Brown in all my leagues as a deep deep sleeper, expecting him to be able to step up as the #1...at least the hammy is always on my side :D

I see it as Stallworth will be the #1 w/o a doubt. I'm actually kinda shocked people don't think this is the case. It may take awhile for him to learn the offense, but T.O. did just fine when he came in. Stallworth has tons of potential, and McNabb will be looking for him like crazy.

As a R. Brown owner, I'm rather displeased with this. I've been grabbing Brown in all my leagues as a deep deep sleeper, expecting him to be able to step up as the #1...at least the hammy is always on my side :D

Stallworth has concentration problems...TO has been in the WCO his entire career, so all he had to learn was the verbage....the playing style is very similar between Philly and SF...

Stallworth has concentration problems...TO has been in the WCO his entire career, so all he had to learn was the verbage....the playing style is very similar between Philly and SF...

without showing too much of my ignorance..what offense does NO run, and what's the major differences?

without showing too much of my ignorance..what offense does NO run, and what's the major differences?

I know it's not the WCO....alot of players have trouble coming in here and learning the offense...

I hope Mcnabb just builds some chemistry with Stallworth and then has deep and curl patterns for him to run so they keep it simple..