[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stallworth to the Eagles

rattsass

From Huddle Players News-someone disagrees.

Donte' Stallworth - WR, New Orleans Saints 08/28/06

WR Donte Stallworth was traded today to the Philadelphia Eagles. Stallworth, the former first round pick of the New Orleans Saints will immediately become the No. 1 receiving option in Philadelphia due to his experience over the other receivers on the team.

Huddle Up: This trade gives the Eagles the receiver that they have been looking for in a No. 1. Fantasy owners can downgrade Reggie Brown in lieu of these events. Brown should still be a huge contributor to the offense this year but will likely be the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart due to this trade.

Looks like DMD is still sifting through the mess:

Huddle Up: This trade gives the Eagles the quality receiver they have been looking for. Fantasy owners shouldn't worry too much about current No. 1 WR Reggie Brown as getting a solid complement in the passing game is a plus. But once Stallworth gets up to speed with the offense, he'll surely move into the No. 2 WR spot and hurt the potential of other Philly receivers like Baskett, Lewis and Gaffney. Given his deep threat abilities there's a chance Stallworth could end up a better overall fantasy option then Brown this season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Cobb called in 610WIP just now and is still on. He's saying that Stallworth is already looking good and apparently seems familiar with the WCO terminology..

as soon as he lined up opposite of Reggie Brown, Michael Lewis (safety) backed up a little....he compared his legs to a RB with how he can shake some tackles...

anyways, he appears to already be doing better than I expected....especially if he is already getting down the WCO...

he played last year in the slot, but they have him lined up on the outside...he could be a very nice #3/#4 WR on fantasy squads this year...

"I mean, it's like he's been here all camp"

"you can see this kids got an extra gear, and it's a shot in the arm for the offense...I'll tell you that"

- Gary Cobb

you forgot Bethel Johnson..

WR B. Johnson Sprains Knee

Sheldon Mickles, Louisiana Advocate - [Full Article]

WR Bethel Johnson sprained his right MCL on a kickoff return in the second half last night. Johnson should be out 2-4 weeks, Saints HC Sean Payton said.

Gary Cobb called in 610WIP just now and is still on. He's saying that Stallworth is already looking good and apparently seems familiar with the WCO terminology..

as soon as he lined up opposite of Reggie Brown, Michael Lewis (safety) backed up a little....he compared his legs to a RB with how he can shake some tackles...

anyways, he appears to already be doing better than I expected....especially if he is already getting down the WCO...

he played last year in the slot, but they have him lined up on the outside...he could be a very nice #3/#4 WR on fantasy squads this year...

"I mean, it's like he's been here all camp"

"you can see this kids got an extra gear, and it's a shot in the arm for the offense...I'll tell you that"

- Gary Cobb

I hope Cobb is right...

WR Donte Stallworth was traded today to the Philadelphia Eagles. Stallworth, the former first round pick of the New Orleans Saints should have no problem quickly working into the No. 2, or even No.1, receiving option in Philadelphia due to his experience over the other receivers on the team. The Saints received six-year linebacker Mark Simoneau and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007.

Huddle Up: This trade gives the Eagles the quality receiver they have been looking for. Fantasy owners shouldn't worry too much about current No. 1 WR Reggie Brown as getting a solid complement in the passing game is a plus. But once Stallworth gets up to speed with the offense, he'll surely move into the No. 2 WR spot and hurt the potential of other Philly receivers like Baskett, Lewis and Gaffney. Given his deep threat abilities there's a chance Stallworth could end up a better overall fantasy option then Brown this season.

=====================================================================

Sorry, I'm to lazy to Josh Gordon/read thru the whole thread at the moment...

"Huddle Up: This trade gives the Eagles the quality receiver they have been looking for."

Am I the only one that says :D:D ?

WR Donte Stallworth was traded today to the Philadelphia Eagles. Stallworth, the former first round pick of the New Orleans Saints should have no problem quickly working into the No. 2, or even No.1, receiving option in Philadelphia due to his experience over the other receivers on the team. The Saints received six-year linebacker Mark Simoneau and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007.

=====================================================================

Sorry, I'm to lazy to Josh Gordon/read thru the whole thread at the moment...

"Huddle Up: This trade gives the Eagles the quality receiver they have been looking for."

Am I the only one that says :D:D ?

IF Stallworth stays healthy,he'll obviously help the Eagles.I gotta think he's better than anyone they have right now,and the only real deep threat?

I know it's not the WCO....alot of players have trouble coming in here and learning the offense...

You know it's not the WCO ?? Then you don't know what you are talking about. The Saints have been running a WCO since 2000 when Mike McCarthy brought it in as OC under Haslett. McCarthy was here for 5 years (2000-2004), and Mike Sheppard didn't change it last season. Bottom line is, Stallworth has had 4 seasons (2002-2005) in a WCO.

You know it's not the WCO ?? Then you don't know what you are talking about. The Saints have been running a WCO since 2000 when Mike McCarthy brought it in as OC under Haslett. McCarthy was here for 5 years (2000-2004), and Mike Sheppard didn't change it last season. Bottom line is, Stallworth has had 4 seasons (2002-2005) in a WCO.

ahaha awesome