[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stallworth traded to Eagles?

Avernus

Comcast sportsnet just had a breaking news segment and I missed it....they finished it by mentioning Stallworth and his numbers with the Saints..

can anyone update this?

Im listening to Sirius NFL right now, and they have yet to mention it. If they do, Ill post here.

Wow, they already have Hank Baskett, now they add Stallworth?! That is one scary group of receivers. I'd bump McNabb up several notches on this news. Also Stallworth should be a top 30 guy now. Wait, does he produce in odd or even years, I forget?? :D

Wow, they already have Hank Baskett, now they add Stallworth?! That is one scary group of receivers. I'd bump McNabb up several notches on this news. Also Stallworth should be a top 30 guy now. Wait, does he produce in odd or even years, I forget?? :D

who was his QB?...and who was on the other side?...

Stallworth is nothing special....but he commands more respect than anyone besides reggie Brown...

More here

FOXSports.com has learned that the Eagles today swung a trade with the Saints for former first-round pick Donte Stallworth in exchange for LB Mark Simoneau and a fourth-round pick that can turn to a third rounder if the Eagles can work out an extension with the receiver.

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Philadelphia Eagles today announced that they have acquired WR Donte Stallworth from the New Orleans Saints. In return for Stallworth, the Eagles sent LB Mark Simoneau and a conditional 4th round draft pick in 2007 to the Saints. The trade is pending both players passing physicals with their new team.

“We’re bringing in an experienced receiver that’s coming off of a great year with the New Orleans Saints and he’ll fit in nicely into our receiving corps,” said head coach Andy Reid. “He’s got tremendous speed and quickness and he catches the ball very well. He’s good with the yards after the catch.”

“Mark was one of my favorite guys,” said Reid of Simoneau. “He was a great person and tremendous player for us, on special teams and at linebacker. We just appreciate everything he did for this organization.”

One of the league’s most dangerous deep threats, Stallworth (6-0, 196) is entering his fifth professional season after originally being drafted by the Saints with the 13th overall pick in the 2002 draft. Last season, Stallworth had a stellar year with 70 receptions for 945 yards and seven touchdowns. His touchdown total was his highest since his rookie season when he set a team rookie record with eight scores.

In 56 career games (32 starts), Stallworth has hauled in 195 receptions for 2,791 yards and 23 touchdowns. Among his career receptions, 45 were for 20 yards-or-more, while 12 of his career touchdowns were from 25 yards out or further. In addition, four of Stallworth’s touchdown receptions have been game winners, including two in 2004, and he has notched 10 career 100-yard receiving games. In 2002, he became the first NFL rookie in 20 years to catch a touchdown in each of his first four games.

The 25-year-old, Sacramento, CA, native starred collegiately at Tennessee, where he finished his career with 99 receptions for 1,747 yards and 13 touchdowns. Stallworth entered the 2002 draft following his junior season.

If Stallworth has anything in the way of talent, he should get bumped up a couple of rungs, just due to the Eagles present wr core and McNabb as the QB.

On 2nd thought I guess that's not too bad considering he was likely going to leave anyway after this year & the Saints currently have a glut of good WRs ready to take over. Looks like Devery Henderson will get his shot at the #2 now.

On 2nd thought I guess that's not too bad considering he was likely going to leave anyway after this year & the Saints currently have a glut of good WRs ready to take over. Looks like Devery Henderson will get his shot at the #2 now.

Siminou sucks though. IMO.

why?

Reggie Brown hasn't proven anything yet, except in the media.

Siminou sucks though. IMO.

Like I said though, he's better than another year of dropped passes & tire marks after the season is done. I'm sure the trade for the Saints is more about the draft pick than Simoneau though.