[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor overrated ?

magagnon

My draft is next thursday and like a lot of FF players, Chester Taylor is on my radar.

However, i am wondering if he really should be ranked 15th overall... I just didnt see anything in preseason so far that makes me believe he's gonna be the next Lamont Jordan.

Game 1: 9 att. 18 yds

Game 2: 10 att. 36 yds

Game 3: 10 att. 27 yds

Average of 2.79 yds per carry so far.. :D

Last year, he had 4 games with more than 10 carries...

Week 4: 11 att. 32 yds

Week 11: 19 att. 59 yds

Week 13: 11 att. 40 yds

Week 14: 20 att. 59 yds

Nothing spectacular here either.. Quite frankly I think I would feel a lot more confident with Willy Parker as my #2 and If I want to take a risk, I think Frank Gore is a better pick.

Any thoughts ? :D

most of the RB's behind him are sharing carries....they are calling very very vanilla plays in Minnesota right now..

no pulling of linemen when he runs and all the runs are up the gut, much like Ronnie Brown in Miami...

he has a premium OL and will catch 4-5 passes a game...

He's been coming off the board mid-3rd round as a RB3 in the drafts I've been in; based on the fact he has been productive in a part time role, has fresh legs, and gets to run behind Hutch and Tony Richardson, I'd say that's a reasonable spot to take that risk.

He's been coming off the board mid-3rd round as a RB3 in the drafts I've been in; based on the fact he has been productive in a part time role, has fresh legs, and gets to run behind Hutch and Tony Richardson, I'd say that's a reasonable spot to take that risk.

I took him at 3.09 and was happy with that...

wow...don't think I've the stones for going RB-RB-RB with the way the WRs are flying off the board

My draft is next thursday and like a lot of FF players, Chester Taylor is on my radar.

However, i am wondering if he really should be ranked 15th overall... I just didnt see anything in preseason so far that makes me believe he's gonna be the next Lamont Jordan.

Game 1: 9 att. 18 yds

Game 2: 10 att. 36 yds

Game 3: 10 att. 27 yds

Average of 2.79 yds per carry so far.. :D

Last year, he had 4 games with more than 10 carries...

Week 4: 11 att. 32 yds

Week 11: 19 att. 59 yds

Week 13: 11 att. 40 yds

Week 14: 20 att. 59 yds

Nothing spectacular here either.. Quite frankly I think I would feel a lot more confident with Willy Parker as my #2 and If I want to take a risk, I think Frank Gore is a better pick.

keyword has been highlighted and underlined above

In PPR leagues, he is worth the 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

Unless he's overrated. :D

We've had this discussion before, no need to re-hash, but his past performance does not indicate he's anything special in fantasy terms. Draft him with that in mind.

A running back who isn't sharing carries this year is GOLD Jerry! GOLD!