[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session.

Hugh 0ne

Hugh,

standard scoring cbs league.

Here is my squad. Should Pick up Watson and drop L Smith? Should I try and package Green and ? for a better #2 Rb? I also dropped J Brown to pick up Lundy. I see you don't like Harrison should I try and move him or sit tight?????? Thanks for any insight :D

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL

Green, Ahman RB GB

Johnson, Larry RB KC

Bryant, Antonio WR SF

Harrison, Marvin WR IND

Smith, L.J. TE PHI

Giants, DST DST NYG

Kitna, Jon QB

Benson, Cedric RB CHI

Lundy, Wali RB HOU

Curtis, Kevin WR STL

Jurevicius, Joe WR CLE

Mason, Derrick WR BAL

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Maroney, Laurence RB NE

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh, thanks for the evaluation of my team. you did mention upgrading at WR. I have an oppurtunity to trade one of my QBs for Torry Holt. I don't think he would go for B farve so it will probably be Bledsoe or Eli Manning for holt. He also has Marvin harrison and says he doesn't want to trade him. Should I push for a Manning/harrison trade or am I better with Holt. Also should I try to push the issue with B Farve? Overall, which QB should I look to let go??

Thanks, Jailbirds

Bledsoe for Holt would be a tremendous trade for you. The other guy would be a complete moran to make that trade, but if you can, go for it.

Hugh One - Hey good to see you again in "The Huddle!" :D

I just posted this in Fantasy Advice, but I saw your post so I thought I'd ask you too. Thanks for taking our (fellow-huddlers) questions again! ...

I'm in a redraft/performance scoring league. 6pts for TDs (more pts for longer TDs); 1pt for every 25 yds rushed; 4 pts for every 4 rec; 3pts for 15 rushes (2 more pts if a rb has 25 rushes); 1pt for every 25 rec.

I have Greg Jones on my roster. If he goes on IR, I could immediately pick up a free waiver move (even before the 1st wk). The following RBs are available:

Jerious Norwood (I read that DD may not even make the roster)

Wali Lundy

Vernand Morency

Brandon Jacobs

Michael Bennett KC

Maurice Morris - I have S Alexander

Pittman

Who would you choose? I believe it will be down to Norwood or Lundy. Last night I was thinking Norwood. Today Lundy is just as much of an option (with Kubiak announcing that Lundy <if the season started today> would be the starter).

Thanks Hugh One!!! :D

Depends on who your RB's are I guess. Lundy can be an immediate starter but in a RBBC, but we have no idea what he can do. Norwood will be a backup, and we also have no idea what he can do. I'd probably grab Lundy for the immediate upside.

Hugh,

Just curious as to where you think I can upgrade my teams in my sig. Both are 12 team leagues w/ standard scoring (team 1 is ppr). I obviously waited on QB's in both (10th and 11th round in both leagues) and I already know your distaste for Plummer and any Lion player so no comment necessary there.

Thanks

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Team 1 PPR: Farve, Plummer

T. Barber, C. Taylor, Benson, Jacobs

Owens, Mason, R. Smith, Mi. Clayton, Caldwell

Gates, Hilton

Graham, Janikowski

Panthers, Vikes

Favre and Plummer are brutal. That is terrible. Barber and Taylor are nice, Benson has upside, and Jacobs is kinda a Tiki handcuff. Nice. WR's are risky. If Owens doesn't play, you're in deep doo-doo, if he does, he'll carry the other mediocre WR's. Gates = very good.

Team 2: Farve, Kitna

Alexander, M. Bell, Rhodes, Williams

Holt, A. Johnson, K. Johnson, Mi. Clayton, Edwards

Gates, Lewis

Stover, Hanson

Panthers, Vikes

Who the hell taught you how to draft QB's? :D Good Lord, I thought the Plummer/Favre combo was the worst possible, but you just topped it. I think M Bell is a fumble away from the bench. As long as he starts, you're RB's are solid, if he flounders, you're in trouble. Holt = stud, One of the Johnson's should be a serviceable #2. You already know what I think about Gates.

Good luck. And make sure you come to my Drafting QB's That Don't Totally Suck class next year. :D

Hugh

I can only take 3 RB's on my team in a 10 team draft. I got LT, Chester Taylor and Mike Bell.

There are a few RB's still availiable on Waivers Duece, Dillion, Lundy, Foster.

Chester has looked terrible in pre season and I'm having second thoughts on Mike Bell in Denver. Are any of the remaining guys and there luggage worth dropping Mike Bell or Taylor for. Or should I just wait things out?

Thanks

Performance scoring. Can only start 2 RB's each week.

I think you sit things out. I too am not sold on Bell, but right now he's the starter for a team that CAN run the ball. Taylor should be fine and will get tons of carries. With Birk back, Hutchinson and Richardson on board, Taylor should be a good fantasy back. Don't get me wrong, I like some of those waiver options, but not more than the guys you have.

Hugh-

Caddy vs. Lamont. I have Lamont. I like his workload and goal line carries. I can get Caddy, like his workload and not his goal line carries. Oakland sucks and Tampa probably won't. Non ppr league, who do you like?

Probably Caddy. Oakland blows, and Brooks scares me. Close call, but Caddy's probably the better option.

Hugh,

standard scoring cbs league.

Here is my squad. Should Pick up Watson and drop L Smith? Should I try and package Green and ? for a better #2 Rb? I also dropped J Brown to pick up Lundy. I see you don't like Harrison should I try and move him or sit tight?????? Thanks for any insight :D

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL

Green, Ahman RB GB

Johnson, Larry RB KC

Bryant, Antonio WR SF

Harrison, Marvin WR IND

Smith, L.J. TE PHI

Giants, DST DST NYG

Kitna, Jon QB

Benson, Cedric RB CHI

Lundy, Wali RB HOU

Curtis, Kevin WR STL

Jurevicius, Joe WR CLE

Mason, Derrick WR BAL

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Maroney, Laurence RB NE

If you want to drop someone, drop Cedric Houston. He's pretty much worthless from a fantasy perspective right now. I don't dislike Harrison, I just think Wayne will outproduce him this year. You could use a RB uprade, but between Green, Benson and Lundy, you should be OK. No need to panic.

Hugh,

Thanks for responding, I always appreciate your input.

p.s. I have C BENSON not Houston 8P Also do you think I should drop Lj Smith for Ben Watson?? Lots of talk on him recently...... :D

My bad, I misread something. :D

I wouldn't drop LJ Smith for Watson.

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Team 1 PPR: Farve, Plummer

T. Barber, C. Taylor, Benson, Jacobs

Owens, Mason, R. Smith, Mi. Clayton, Caldwell

Gates, Hilton

Graham, Janikowski

Panthers, Vikes

Favre and Plummer are brutal. That is terrible. Barber and Taylor are nice, Benson has upside, and Jacobs is kinda a Tiki handcuff. Nice. WR's are risky. If Owens doesn't play, you're in deep doo-doo, if he does, he'll carry the other mediocre WR's. Gates = very good.

Team 2: Farve, Kitna

Alexander, M. Bell, Rhodes, Williams

Holt, A. Johnson, K. Johnson, Mi. Clayton, Edwards

Gates, Lewis

Stover, Hanson

Panthers, Vikes

Who the hell taught you how to draft QB's? Good Lord, I thought the Plummer/Favre combo was the worst possible, but you just topped it. I think M Bell is a fumble away from the bench. As long as he starts, you're RB's are solid, if he flounders, you're in trouble. Holt = stud, One of the Johnson's should be a serviceable #2. You already know what I think about Gates.

Good luck. And make sure you come to my Drafting QB's That Don't Totally Suck class next year.

Yes, my QB's suck but they have easy schedules. Hopefully I can mix and match them each week. I guess that's what happens when you wait until the 10th round to draft one. BTW, had Palmer in one league and Hass/Bulger in the other last year so I'm not a total idiot.

Thanks

Yes, my QB's suck but they have easy schedules. Hopefully I can mix and match them each week. I guess that's what happens when you wait until the 10th round to draft one. BTW, had Palmer in one league and Hass/Bulger in the other last year so I'm not a total idiot.

Thanks

Don't take offense to my comments, I was just teasing you a little. :D

Good, smart move. Having half of a RBBC kinda sucks, and in Indy it will remain a RBBC imo, while in Chicago you will have a feature back, but nobody knows who it will be.

Thanks Hugh! That's all the validation I need.

Good luck this year!

My league (12 teams) scoring (unique rules bolded):

Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (40 yards per point; 5 points at 325 yards)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-2)

Sacks (-1)

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (0.5)

Reception Yards (15 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3.5)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (4)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4.5)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-4)

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-3)

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-2)

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-1)

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-0.5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Point After Attempt Missed (-2)

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (12)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (8)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-2)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

My team is in my sigline (I had 12th pick): -- I thought I drafted o-k, considering I had the 12th pick, but a lot of guys are scoffing at my QBs, saying I'm weak there and making me absurd trade offers as a result. I'm so-so on Plummer, but I've thought all along that Rivers could be a top-12 QB by the end of the season, and Smith might just show something with all the throwing he's going to have to do again. Note that we start 2QBs. Is my QB situation anything I should be overly concerned about, or are there other aspects of my roster that are exhibiting weakness and should be shored up?

Thanks for doing this Hugh. My draft is coming up and I'm not sure of my strategy. I pick 2nd in 10 team standard performance scoring league were all td's are 6 points. We start 1QB-1RB-2WR-2Flex (WR or RB) 1TE-1D-1K (obviously then with the flex you can start 4WR and 1RB, 3WR and 2RB, or 3RB and 2WR). Looks like the 1st pick will be LJ and I plan on going with LT. However, I'm not sure what to do with my 2nd and 3rd round picks (19th and 22nd overall). I anticipate that at least 12RB's, 4or 5WR's, and Peyton Manning will be gone by the 19th pick. I then will have to chose from the remaining tier 1 WR's (Boldin, Owens, Harrison, TO etc.) or a tier 3 RB (Brian Westbrook, Kevin Jones Chester Taylor, Julius Jones Willie Parker etc.). The Huddle projected stats show tier 1 WR's and tier 3 RB's scoring about the same. Assuming there is both a WR and a RB there at 19 that you like, would you tend to take the tier 3RB with 19 and maybe the WR with 22? Since we can start 3RB's would you consider taking a tier 3RB at 19 and 22 and then hopefully getting a WR like Darrell Jackson, or Derrick Mason, in the 4th or 5th round? I know that this is tough because we do not know who will be there and you have to be flexible, but everything else being equal would you prefer to go (RB-RB-RB) (RB-RB-WR) (RB-WR-WR) (RB-WR-RB) or maybe even go with Antonio Gates at 22? Thanks for your help and I hope this question makes sense.

Hugh thanks for the answer to my previous question. Any advice here?

This is my first year in a keeper league. Players can be signed for up to 3 years at $5 per year. You have 16 roster spots. The league starts 1QB, 2RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 k, 1 def. Scoring is 4 pts for a passing TD, 50 yards passing = 1pt, 20 rushing/receiving 1 pt. All other scoring is standard. It’s a 14 team league.

My question is should you be signing players to either 1 or 3 year contracts? I’m going to have to drop someone as I only signed one TE.

I’m going to sign these guys to three year contracts:

Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis, DeAngelo Williams, Tom Brady, Reggie Wayne, Alge Crumpler, Carolina’s Def.

How many years should I sign these players for, I have to sign for a minimum of one:

Dominic Rhodes, Laveranues Coles, David Givens, Ernest Wilford, Sammie Parker, Jon Kitna, Jason Elam, S. Janikowski, Dallas’ Def

I can sign all of them to three years if I want. However if I want to release them it costs me $5 real cash per year. I.E If I sign Portis to a three year deal and he is relegated to a back up. I've got to pay $15 to release him. I can only have a 16 person roster.

Thanks for the advice,

Dave

Hugh, I'll copy a trade proposal I already put in another thread, tell me what you think.

My team:

Manning, Eli NYG QB

McNair, Steve BAL QB

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Brown, Chris TEN RB

Lewis, Jamal BAL RB

Lundy, Wali HOU RB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Holt, Torry STL WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Bryant, Antonio SFO WR

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Johnson, Keyshawn CAR WR

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

His team:

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Vick, Michael ATL QB

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Droughns, Reuben CLE RB

Jones, Julius DAL RB

White, LenDale TEN RB

Johnson, Chad CIN WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Burleson, Nate SEA WR

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Stallworth, Donte' PHI WR

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE

I would give up Tiki in exchange for Chad Johnson. Tell me if you like this trade and why. Thanks!

My league (12 teams) scoring (unique rules bolded):

My team is in my sigline (I had 12th pick): -- I thought I drafted o-k, considering I had the 12th pick, but a lot of guys are scoffing at my QBs, saying I'm weak there and making me absurd trade offers as a result. I'm so-so on Plummer, but I've thought all along that Rivers could be a top-12 QB by the end of the season, and Smith might just show something with all the throwing he's going to have to do again. Note that we start 2QBs. Is my QB situation anything I should be overly concerned about, or are there other aspects of my roster that are exhibiting weakness and should be shored up?

If you start 2 QB's, Plummer and Rivers are going to hurt you big time. You'll probably never see that 5 point 325 yard bonus all season. Your RB's are good, and I like Wayne but not Williams. If Mike Bell gets the nod in Denver, I'd quickly try and make a move and upgrade at QB. I'd be concerned about the QB situation, but not to the point of making a bad deal or needing to panic. You might have the RB depth to be in a very good trading position.

Thanks for doing this Hugh. My draft is coming up and I'm not sure of my strategy. I pick 2nd in 10 team standard performance scoring league were all td's are 6 points. We start 1QB-1RB-2WR-2Flex (WR or RB) 1TE-1D-1K (obviously then with the flex you can start 4WR and 1RB, 3WR and 2RB, or 3RB and 2WR). Looks like the 1st pick will be LJ and I plan on going with LT. However, I'm not sure what to do with my 2nd and 3rd round picks (19th and 22nd overall). I anticipate that at least 12RB's, 4or 5WR's, and Peyton Manning will be gone by the 19th pick. I then will have to chose from the remaining tier 1 WR's (Boldin, Owens, Harrison, TO etc.) or a tier 3 RB (Brian Westbrook, Kevin Jones Chester Taylor, Julius Jones Willie Parker etc.). The Huddle projected stats show tier 1 WR's and tier 3 RB's scoring about the same. Assuming there is both a WR and a RB there at 19 that you like, would you tend to take the tier 3RB with 19 and maybe the WR with 22? Since we can start 3RB's would you consider taking a tier 3RB at 19 and 22 and then hopefully getting a WR like Darrell Jackson, or Derrick Mason, in the 4th or 5th round? I know that this is tough because we do not know who will be there and you have to be flexible, but everything else being equal would you prefer to go (RB-RB-RB) (RB-RB-WR) (RB-WR-WR) (RB-WR-RB) or maybe even go with Antonio Gates at 22? Thanks for your help and I hope this question makes sense.

With the second pick I'd take Chad Johnson if he's available. CJ and LT would be one helluva start. Then Westbrook in the 3rd. You can grab additional WR's or perhaps a QB in the 4th and 5th, depending who's available.

RB-WR-RB

Hugh thanks for the answer to my previous question. Any advice here?

This is my first year in a keeper league. Players can be signed for up to 3 years at $5 per year. You have 16 roster spots. The league starts 1QB, 2RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 k, 1 def. Scoring is 4 pts for a passing TD, 50 yards passing = 1pt, 20 rushing/receiving 1 pt. All other scoring is standard. It’s a 14 team league.

My question is should you be signing players to either 1 or 3 year contracts? I’m going to have to drop someone as I only signed one TE.

I’m going to sign these guys to three year contracts:

Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis, DeAngelo Williams, Tom Brady, Reggie Wayne, Alge Crumpler, Carolina’s Def.

How many years should I sign these players for, I have to sign for a minimum of one:

Dominic Rhodes, Laveranues Coles, David Givens, Ernest Wilford, Sammie Parker, Jon Kitna, Jason Elam, S. Janikowski, Dallas’ Def

I can sign all of them to three years if I want. However if I want to release them it costs me $5 real cash per year. I.E If I sign Portis to a three year deal and he is relegated to a back up. I've got to pay $15 to release him. I can only have a 16 person roster.

Thanks for the advice,

Dave

I don't exactly know the particulars of your league, but of that second tier of guys, I don't think I'd sign any of them.

Hugh, I'll copy a trade proposal I already put in another thread, tell me what you think.

My team:

Manning, Eli NYG QB

McNair, Steve BAL QB

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Brown, Chris TEN RB

Lewis, Jamal BAL RB

Lundy, Wali HOU RB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Holt, Torry STL WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Bryant, Antonio SFO WR

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Johnson, Keyshawn CAR WR

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

His team:

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Vick, Michael ATL QB

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Droughns, Reuben CLE RB

Jones, Julius DAL RB

White, LenDale TEN RB

Johnson, Chad CIN WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Burleson, Nate SEA WR

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Stallworth, Donte' PHI WR

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE

I would give up Tiki in exchange for Chad Johnson. Tell me if you like this trade and why. Thanks!

Nope. Based on value, CJ is not worth Tiki. Ever. And I happen to like CJ. Bad trade for you. Very bad.

I have my local 14 team live draft tonight. Would you mind making yourself available from 7:00 until 11:00 in case I need some instant drafting advice. TIA.

My pleasure. I'll take 25% of the winnings as my fee. If you don't finish in the money, you will not be billed. :D

Hugh,

Need some keeper league advice. Am considering keeping two of the following since am able to keep up to (2) players from last year's roster:

TJ Housh

M.Hasselback

W.Dunn

If I decide to keep TJ Housh, I picked him in the 10th round last year and would lose my 8th round pick this year. If I keep Hass, I got him in the 8th round last year so would lose my 6th pick. If keep Dunn, I'd lose my 7th round pick since got him last year in the 9th round. I'm definitely keeping Terry Glenn as the other keeper b/c got him in 18th round last year and would only lose a 16th rounder....

Am leaning towards Dunn since Duckett left for WASH and won't be stealing TD's around the goal line. Plus, he's a decent #2 and a great #3. I am picking 4th in my draft so I know I'll get a shot at either Tiki, SJax or Portis.

Any recommendations?

Hugh,

Need some keeper league advice. Am considering keeping two of the following since am able to keep up to (2) players from last year's roster:

TJ Housh

M.Hasselback

W.Dunn

If I decide to keep TJ Housh, I picked him in the 10th round last year and would lose my 8th round pick this year. If I keep Hass, I got him in the 8th round last year so would lose my 6th pick. If keep Dunn, I'd lose my 7th round pick since got him last year in the 9th round. I'm definitely keeping Terry Glenn as the other keeper b/c got him in 18th round last year and would only lose a 16th rounder....

Am leaning towards Dunn since Duckett left for WASH and won't be stealing TD's around the goal line. Plus, he's a decent #2 and a great #3. I am picking 4th in my draft so I know I'll get a shot at either Tiki, SJax or Portis.

Any recommendations?

Housh and Dunn are steals at those draft spots. Keep them. Hass in the 6th, meh, you can probably draft him right around then if you still want him, I wouldn't keep him though, so I'd have options for drafting.