[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session.

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh, I confess to not being aware of your qualifications. However, anyone willing to put their opinions "out there" where they can later be judged for accuracy intrigues me.

That being said, in leagues where you can start a QB at the utility spot (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1K/1DEF/1 ANY), how do you alter your draft strtegies and/or cheat sheets for draft slots?

Our scoring isn't too complex. We give 1pt/20 pass, 1pt/10rush/rec, 4pts/Pass TDs, 6pts/Rush/Rec TDs, 5 point bonuses for 100 yard rush/rec games or 300 passing games. Defenses gets points for sack and turnovers and low points allowed.

I basically feel that if you look at an "average live draft" cheat sheet that slots guys for you, you'll need to cut the average slot for a QB by 1.5 to 2 (in half). So in other words, if say you draft Palmer on average at 38th in a redraft, he should go around 20-22 in this format.

Thoughts?

MY team is listed below, performance scoring, if this guy in my league is willing to go Driver for Crumpler, is that a no-brainer for me to get Driver, or should i wait a few weeks n see what Claytons gonna do..

How bad do i need to upgrade that 2nd WR spot?

Yep. Do it. I'm not as high on Driver as most, but you need a better #2 WR, and you have the TE depth to make the move.

Hugh, I confess to not being aware of your qualifications. However, anyone willing to put their opinions "out there" where they can later be judged for accuracy intrigues me.

That being said, in leagues where you can start a QB at the utility spot (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1K/1DEF/1 ANY), how do you alter your draft strtegies and/or cheat sheets for draft slots?

Our scoring isn't too complex. We give 1pt/20 pass, 1pt/10rush/rec, 4pts/Pass TDs, 6pts/Rush/Rec TDs, 5 point bonuses for 100 yard rush/rec games or 300 passing games. Defenses gets points for sack and turnovers and low points allowed.

I basically feel that if you look at an "average live draft" cheat sheet that slots guys for you, you'll need to cut the average slot for a QB by 1.5 to 2 (in half). So in other words, if say you draft Palmer on average at 38th in a redraft, he should go around 20-22 in this format.

Thoughts?

I have no qualifications, but I have been offering my advice here for many years, and many still come back and ask for opinions, so I'm assuming that I must be doing something right. :D

To answer your question, I'd really have to do some statistical analysis, which unfortunately I don't have the time for. I'd have to see how the top 24 QB's score, compared to the top 36 RB's and 36 WR's. Then I'd be able to gauge how much another starting QB could benfit me. Those numbers are based on the assumption that this is a 12 team league.

I'll take one of my leagues from last year as a basis just to provide some food for thought:

#1 QB - 265.68

#13 QB - 183.42

#24 QB - 105.54

#1 RB - 350.50

#25 RB - 119.90

#36 RB - 92.00

#1 WR - 217.20

#25 WR - 119.50

#36 WR - 101.10

So, to make it simple and keep it basic, let's say each team starts 1 QB, 2 WR's, and 2 RB's. So, esentially, 12 QB's, 24 RB, and 24 WR's are off the board. Now you can start a flex position. The next best QB will score you 183 points, the next best RB 119, and the next best WR 119. So obviously a QB in the flex is where you want to go. That being said, the top RB outscored the top QB, so you need top tier RB's first and foremost.

Again, I'd have to do some more digging, but this should at least get you started.

Hugh, thanks for the advice on a trade to strengthen my WR position. the other team took Bledsoe and J McCareins for T Holt and B Johnson (QB). I am estactic ! I held my breath until the trade went through. You can see my new team by my sig (we play team QB). I think my team is very solid now and I should be able to contend for the playoffs. I would still let mark Clayton go for either Matt Jones or Terry glenn if I could get either of them. any opinion on this...do I really need any more moves? What do u think of my team now??

Hugh, thanks for the advice on a trade to strengthen my WR position. the other team took Bledsoe and J McCareins for T Holt and B Johnson (QB). I am estactic ! I held my breath until the trade went through. You can see my new team by my sig (we play team QB). I think my team is very solid now and I should be able to contend for the playoffs. I would still let mark Clayton go for either Matt Jones or Terry glenn if I could get either of them. any opinion on this...do I really need any more moves? What do u think of my team now??

Dropping Mark Clayton for Terry Glenn would be a very wise move.

10 team performance scoring- 6 reserve players and 9 starters including a defense. the reserves can be any position.

I took manning with the 5th pick and then loaded up with runningbacks. I ended up with 7 runningbacks.

westbrook, c. taylor, busch, dillion, barber, m.bell, kevan barlow. I ended up with only one kicker, defense, and te. can only start one but will have to make roster changes when one of them positions is on a bye. Others in our league ended up with one stud back and then not alot after that. Was this a good way to draft??? Also of the 7 running backs do you think 3 of them could be solid fantasy producers???

This is how my team rounds out

QB- peyton

rb- westbrook, taylor, busch, dillion, bell, barber, barlow

wr- mason, burleson,R. brown

te- dallas clark

De.- seatle

k-longwell

Edited by kevfish

Dear Hugh,

Is it necessary to send a lady flowers after a spirited evening of hide-the-baloney, even if I don't intend to call her again? Or is a handshake and cab fare good enough? I usually give my dates a little punch in the shoulder and the ol' "good job baby" if she deserves the compliment, and it sometimes isn't taken well. Do they want money?

Signed,

Confused in Peoria

Hugh thanks for your help here's my question:

NFL.com standard scoring passing TD is worth 6. We start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 Def

Here's my team

Bledsoe

Leftwich

LT

KJones

Frank Gore

Mike Bell

Deuce McAllister

Wali Lundy

Tory Holt

Anquan Boldin

Ben Watson

Bears D

Atlanta D

Elam

Should I trade a RB to move up at QB? If so what should I offer? I might have a shot at Brady, Palmer, Hasselback, Bulger or McNabb. Should I offer up Leftwich and a RB to try and get one of those top tier QB? PS I was offered Laurence Maroney for Deuce McAllister.

Hi Hugh,

Glad to have you back! I posted this separately, but wanted your take on it Thanks!

My WRs are Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Lloyd, Samie Parker and my RBs are Gore, Mike Bell, T Jones, and LenDale White.

I'm trying to work a 3 way trade that works as follows:

I would trade Boldin, Jones, and Steelers D to Team A and I would receive LT, choice of Giants D or Cowboys D, and one of these WRs - Henry, Mike Clayton, Mark Clayton, or Braylon Edwards.

I'll leave team B out of it, but he will get an upgrade at WR and Chris Brown and send Benson to Team A.

Before the trade my starters would be

RB - 2 of these: Gore, Mike Bell, or Thomas Jones

WR - Harrison, Boldin, Moulds

DEF - Steelers

after the trade it would be

RB - LT, and choice of Gore/Mike Bell

WR - Harrison, Moulds, Lloyd or Edwards/Clayton(s)

DEF - Giants or Cowboys

My keepers were Harrison and Boldin and drafting 11th I drafted best available RBs which were Gore and Bell. Mike's a high risk pick since he may/may not start. If I do the trade I get a stud in LT but at the expense of my WR depth. If Jones would stay the starter and Bell or Gore pans out I would be ok not doing this trade, but it's tough to resist getting LT. Thoughts???

And the LT owner is a Bears homer, and he's jonesing to get some Bears on his team.

Starting requirements and scoring is in my sig

Hugh, I need a call on this one.

When stopping up the craper in a high end restaurant, one should:

a- Walk out like nothing happened

b- Inform the hotties at the front dest that there's a problem in the bathroom

c- Look for a plunger and fix it yourselft no matter what

I chose A.

Edited by NAUgrad

Hey Hugh,

In one of my leagues I decided to wait on a QB and low and behold there was a backup QB run and I was sitting there with my thumb up my rearend hoping it would get back to me much quicker. When i finally selected I got Kitna and then Vick. I really wanted Warner, but he didn't make it.

My question is who do you like better, Vick or Kitna to use as a primary starter? Week 1 Vick is @ Carolina and Kitna hosts the Seahawks. The rest of my team is fairly strong, but my QB position could kill me.

Thanks and while waiting on a QB can work sometimes, this time I got caught waiting too long.

Hey Hugh,

In one of my leagues I decided to wait on a QB and low and behold there was a backup QB run and I was sitting there with my thumb up my rearend hoping it would get back to me much quicker. When i finally selected I got Kitna and then Vick. I really wanted Warner, but he didn't make it.

My question is who do you like better, Vick or Kitna to use as a primary starter? Week 1 Vick is @ Carolina and Kitna hosts the Seahawks. The rest of my team is fairly strong, but my QB position could kill me.

Thanks and while waiting on a QB can work sometimes, this time I got caught waiting too long.

I am not Hugh One but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite...

I think you will be fine and Kitna is a major sleeper at QB this yr...but week 1 I dont like Vick AT Car...I do like Kitna home vs the Hawks...most likely the hawks will win the game and that just means some garbage yards at the end of the game...plus you know that Roy Williams is at least gonna be healthy in week 1 or so we hope

Hi Hugh,

Glad to have you back! I posted this separately, but wanted your take on it Thanks!

My WRs are Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Lloyd, Samie Parker and my RBs are Gore, Mike Bell, T Jones, and LenDale White.

I'm trying to work a 3 way trade that works as follows:

I would trade Boldin, Jones, and Steelers D to Team A and I would receive LT, choice of Giants D or Cowboys D, and one of these WRs - Henry, Mike Clayton, Mark Clayton, or Braylon Edwards.

I'll leave team B out of it, but he will get an upgrade at WR and Chris Brown and send Benson to Team A.

Before the trade my starters would be

RB - 2 of these: Gore, Mike Bell, or Thomas Jones

WR - Harrison, Boldin, Moulds

DEF - Steelers

after the trade it would be

RB - LT, and choice of Gore/Mike Bell

WR - Harrison, Moulds, Lloyd or Edwards/Clayton(s)

DEF - Giants or Cowboys

My keepers were Harrison and Boldin and drafting 11th I drafted best available RBs which were Gore and Bell. Mike's a high risk pick since he may/may not start. If I do the trade I get a stud in LT but at the expense of my WR depth. If Jones would stay the starter and Bell or Gore pans out I would be ok not doing this trade, but it's tough to resist getting LT. Thoughts???

And the LT owner is a Bears homer, and he's jonesing to get some Bears on his team.

Starting requirements and scoring is in my sig

again I am not hugh one but my take is this

I would probably do the deal that netted me LT and Mike Clayton, while i really like Mark Clayton I think that its heap and mason that are gonna be the big dogs in the passing game in balt and as far as edwards goes, I know he has looked good but I dont like the knee injury he is coming back from and I think you wont really see him hit his stride until much later in the year

oh and i like the Giants D better then the cowboys

ok hugh thank you for your opinion on my team. I agree with your assessment.

2 Q's

1) Would you drop Johnson and grab Collins??

2) Which players would you use as trade bait to upgrade at WR or QB ????

Tough Keeper League Question:

Our rules state that we can hold over one player for one year if the following contions are met:

A. Player is drafted in the 6th round or after, and

B. Player is kept on your roster throughout the entire season.

The caveat is that you lose your pick for the round in which you had selected your keeper.

This league is not H2H; rather, it is point-based.

It is a 12-team league, and I'm drafting 12th.

Scoring

Offense

1pt/1yd Rush/Rec/Pass

25pts/TD

-15pts/FL and INT.

Defense

15pts/FL and INT

10pts/sack

50pts/safety

100pts/shutout

50pts if score is 2, 3, 4, or 5

25 pts if score is 6 or 7

1pt/1yd for any PTD or RTD

Lineup

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 FLEX

1 TE

1 K

1 D

9 BENCH

I've narrowed my eligible keepers down to 2: CAR defense and Donte Stallworth.

Initially, I was going to keep CAR defense, as they are the highest rated defense in most fantasy football sources (most importantly, TheHuddle :D ). Plus, I drafted them in the 15th round last year, so I'd only lose that late pick.

However, with the trade of Donte Stallworth to PHI, I'm starting to second guess myself. I've thought about keeping him over CAR defense. I drafted Stallworth in the 11th round, so I would be passed over that round.

Still leaning toward CAR defense, but wanted to know your thoughts.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Edit to add: This is not for the league in my sig.

Edited by Qdaddyo

First year dynasty league, standard scoring

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

QBs

P. Manning

C. Pennington

C. Frye

K. Clemens

RBs

W. McGahee

W. Parker

F. Gore

T. Bell

M. Bell

M. Anderson

S. Williams

WRs

S. Smith

D. Driver

Mi. Clayton

L. Coles

A. Bryant

S. Parker

E. Parker

TE

C. Cooley

R. McMichael

T. Scheffler

Im thinking either an upgrade at RB or WR. Not really sure what I can improve on, except getting a better RB # 1. Thanks for any advice.