[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago RB Poll.

MERLINS

Who will be the better fantasy option in '06?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the back that you believe will be the better fantasy back.

• Thomas Jones
    • Cedric Benson
    • Adrian Peterson

I think the TJ will have the better year but I cannot vote "barring injury" because I only think TJ will have a better year because Benson will be nicked up all year.

In my two leagues I drafted in so far I took them both. They are the only handcuff that I really wanted. I think the Bears RB's combined will put up good numbers this season. The only problem is: Which one? Week 1 will be TJ. After that who knows. :D

Huddel rankings have cedric benson ranked higher while some other sites have jones ranked higher. This is interesting to see who emerges. Many people think that its money that will prevail, that the owner will push for benson because of the lofty salary and others think that the players want Jones and Lovie will go with the better back regardless.......Who is the better back?

Huddel rankings have cedric benson ranked higher while some other sites have jones ranked higher. This is interesting to see who emerges. Many people think that its money that will prevail, that the owner will push for benson because of the lofty salary and others think that the players want Jones and Lovie will go with the better back regardless.......Who is the better back?

FBG and Draftsharks both have TJ ranked higher.

This is just my gut feeling i think Jones will start the year, and he will get hurt a bit. Like he has the past few years with the bears. And then Benson will take over. but no one really knows.

I don’t think Peterson is someone you not should consider to have on your roster. He was on the Bears roster the past few years cause he is one of our best special teams players, he pass protects well, but I don’t see him carrying the whole load. He is a great back up RB but not a feature back. I see him as a more powerful James Allen.

The one thing I haven't understood this pre-season is why Benson is starting and seems to have the backing of the coaching staff. Last year, Lovie Smith seemed to be in T. Jones corner while Benson nursed injuries and adjusted his mini-skirt. Benson has had injury problems this pre-season, as has Jones, yet seems to have the support of the coaching staff. This is especially puzzling, as if you believe media reports, Jones' Bears teammates support him. I think we need some Chicago homers to weigh in.

The coaches are not happy about Jones missing the off-season voluntary work outs. All the players that missed those work outs got bumped down the depth chart. All of them got there starting job back most in a day or 2, because they don’t have much competition at there respective positions. They even made them run drills with the 2nd team for a day or 2. But Jones has Benson in front of him.

Last year Lovie was in Jones’s corner because Benson had that long hold out.

I think you could look at it like this

The GM Jerry Angelo wants Benson, the players want Jones, and Lovie wants both.

The coaches are not happy about Jones missing the off-season voluntary work outs. All the players that missed those work outs got bumped down the depth chart. All of them got there starting job back most in a day or 2, because they don’t have much competition at there respective positions. They even made them run drills with the 2nd team for a day or 2. But Jones has Benson in front of him.

And we don't know if Jones did not get his job back right at the beginning of camp because he was injured so the starting job was handed to Benson.

It is my opinion Jones missed off-season "voluntary" work outs because he did not like his contract. His agent crying for a new contract because Jones was the starter and Benson was making more money. Briggs (the other player that was bumped down the depth chart) also was complaining about a new contract. They have the same a$$hole agent: Drew Rosenhaus.

Edited by blips

Last year Lovie was in Jones’s corner because Benson had that long hold out.

I think you could look at it like this

And we don't know if Jones did not get his job back right at the beginning of camp because he was injured so the starting job was handed to Benson.

It is my opinion Jones missed off-season "voluntary" work outs because he did not like his contract. His agent crying for a new contract because Jones was the starter and Benson was making more money. Briggs (the other player that was bumped down the depth chart) also was complaining about a new contract. They have the same a$$hole agent: Drew Rosenhaus.

Good info. Thanks, although I don't know if it clears anything up. Ain't fantasy football great?

I have Benson as my homer stud in the 32 more homers league. He is the better back, but he needs his teams to back him a bit more. I think TJ will start but Benson will finish up the season and produce decent numbers.

Edited by VikesGuy

That's pretty much the way it is. Even with Jones not attending the VOLUNTARY workout program, Angelo made it clear that Jones was on his way out when he spent the #4 overall pick in '05 on Benson. And the players have made it clear that they don't want Benson by taking shots at him during practice and leaking the news of his punishment to the media.

In other words, it's a disaster-in-the-making... and par for the course in Bears football for the past 15 years.

In other words, it's a disaster-in-the-making... and par for the course in Bears football for the past 15 years.

I posted this in a diffrent thread,

Olin Kreutz needs to step in this Benson 90210 saga. He is the team leader at least on offence. And he needs tell everyone to knock it off. Benson is here, he has a bear uniform and he is a player that can contribute to winning games. And if anyone has a problem they can ask Fred Miller what happens when you have a problem with Kreutz. And this will end real fast.(if you dont remember he got punched and had to miss some playing time.)

well this poll clearly shows that more people own Jones than Benson :D

Or like him more. Benson does seem a bit like a prima dona. Even before drafting Jones I liked him better. Benson is young though and could change that perception.

They could trade Jones. What are the chances of that? RB's always get hurt.

I posted this in a diffrent thread,

Olin Kreutz needs to step in this Benson 90210 saga. He is the team leader at least on offence. And he needs tell everyone to knock it off. Benson is here, he has a bear uniform and he is a player that can contribute to winning games. And if anyone has a problem they can ask Fred Miller what happens when you have a problem with Kreutz. And this will end real fast.(if you dont remember he got punched and had to miss some playing time.)

Benson needs to EARN the respect of his teammates. And as the leader of that offense, Kreutz should tell Benson to grow up, not to defend him when he acts like a 15-year-old prima donna.