[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where Does Peyton Manning Go?

Timmypg

I've read most of the Peyton Manning threads on here and I agree with the majority that PM isn't worth a 1st round pick in normal scoring leagues. However, my local league is a TD only league (I'm not a fan but it's all casual fans so TD only is easier.) Whrere does PM rank in a TD only league? The Huddle rankings only give a top 120 for performence leagues.

I've read most of the Peyton Manning threads on here and I agree with the majority that PM isn't worth a 1st round pick in normal scoring leagues. However, my local league is a TD only league (I'm not a fan but it's all casual fans so TD only is easier.) Whrere does PM rank in a TD only league? The Huddle rankings only give a top 120 for performence leagues.

Depends on lineup.

If all TDs are worth the same, and there is no lineup rules, than obviously QBs are worth the most due to sheer number of TDs.

Assuming it is still a typical lineup - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR etc., then it comes down to how much those TDs are worth and just how many TDs you think Manning will score in comparison to other QBs.

Assuming 4 per pass and 6 per rush,

If you figure him for 40 TDs and the #12 QB for 20, he is worth 80 points over the last starter, while if you figure LJ for 25 TDs and the #24 RB for say 5 TDs, LJ is worth 120 points. Soon as you find that mark where an RB or WR is worth less than 80 points, Manning should be taken. It's the same principal that is applied to any scoring system, lineup setup, league structure, etc., but in TD only, it is very simple to calculate (not that it isn't simple to calculate in other scoring systems, but some people can't grasp the concept still).

Now, if passing TDs are worth 6 points, both players are worth 120 points, and your decision comes down to positional depth and where you think you can get the most points in successive rounds. IMO, less of a drop off at QB, so you would go LJ.

still think thats too high for manning.

he only had 28 TDs last year. As amazing as he had been, he's had 3 years with 30 or more TDs (one with 30 on dot included in there) and just one in the last 4 years with more then 30.

Yes, he had 49 once, but that was ONCE!!! i do not see him throwing for 49 TDs.

Palmer threw for 32 in his 2ND YEAR!! i would pass on Manning and snag up Palmer.

even if you miss on palmer, grabbing either Brady. Hasselbeck, or manning should be a safe bet for mid to high 20s in TDs, about only 6-7 behind manning over the year.

i would rather have Rudi Johnson who is a guaranteed 12 TDs.

Rudi + Palmer is better then Manning + Westbook/Parker/KJ/Dunn.

Sure, manning could go off and get 40 TDs, but so could Palmer.

Our league is 6 points for all TDs. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs/TEs, 1 K, & 1 D.

My thought is he goes 4th. In a TD only league there is no clear cut #4 RB plus you can grab goal line backs later.

It aint that hard to run the numbers if you have done projections for TDs.

Now, a guy like Kyle Johnson in Denver could be a spectacular value in this kind of league.