[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry Starting?

brentw

Sportsline just released this on the league pages.................

T. Henry to start for Titans Updated 8/29/06

Henry, Travis RB TEN Free Agent

News: According to a source close to the Titans, CBS SportsLine.com has learned that Travis Henry is expected to be the Tennessee's starting running back when they play vs. the Jets in Week 1 of the regular season. "Chris Brown is listed as the No. 1 running back in name only," the source said, citing Henry's dedication to the offseason workouts and overall ability as the main reasons why he'll start over Brown and rookie LenDale White. Henry started the Titans' third preseason game, a home loss to the Falcons. On the preseason, Henry has rushed for 53 yards on 21 carries (a 2.5 yards per carry average) with a touchdown along with three catches for 20 yards; Brown has 69 rush yards on 16 carries (4.3 average) with three passes caught for 24 yards. Analysis: Brown has done nothing to endear himself to the Titans' coaching staff this preseason, requesting a trade at the onset of training camp, so we feel like that plays a role in this move, too. The problem facing him is that Brown will still warrant carries, and rookie LenDale White will also be in the RB mix, potentially at the goal line. Henry should now be looked at as a nice No. 3 Fantasy RB worth a choice between Rounds 6 and 8. He was once considered a top-10 Fantasy stat machine, so he's familiar with what it takes to be a stud.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on another site that C.Brown was traded to the Texans and that T.Henry, indeed, would be starting in Tennessee. Cannot confirm or deny the veracity...

Boy would that be a twist..............a kinda sweet for me :D

Last I heard, Brown wasn't going to play much in Weeks 3 and 4 of preseason by design. They know what he can do, don't want to get him hurt, and would like to see some more of Henry and White before the season starts. I hope people aren't reading more into that that is warranted... but I'm snagging Travis Henry off waivers if he's available, just in case.

Here is some info from the Houston website from, U4ikrob

'Here's two other articles - Basically it says they are going to play alot of Henry and White with Brown mixed in this past weekend. The supposed ideal here is they are showcasing Henry for a possible trade and they think Brown isnt going anywhere and that none of the 3 backs have seperated themselves much to be the starter.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....D=200660824022

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....D=200660828029

----

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher is changing the order in which he’ll use his running backs this weekend.

Instead of going with Chris Brown early, fans will see a lot of Travis Henry and White, with Brown mixed in.

One can’t help but wonder: are the Titans showcasing Henry?

Chances are, Brown isn’t going anywhere, despite attempts by his agent to get him traded.

The coaching staff is high on White, and his availability on special teams gives him a good chance of being active on Sundays.

Already, Fisher has said the Titans might not be able to dress three running backs on Sundays.

If Henry looks good, the Titans might get some phone calls from teams needing a back."

I have limited posts but go to the sportsline player news page and read it yourself! I am just sharing info and PLUS I am new to the Huddle message board! Some people are new and don't have many posts!

I am not a rookie to FF and wanted to start a topic to see if others heard anything......