[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry Starting?

brentw

Brent...

Thanks for the post and more importantly the source...Dont be too sensitive about the daggers...that is pretty common and in time you will learn to know the difference between barking and biting.

Welcomel aboard.

Good luck

Hardrocker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Henry has a 2.5 YPC this pre-season and Brown is over 4 YPC. Here's some info from Footballgheys.

Clipped from the CBS Sportsline Player News:

According to a source close to the Titans, CBS SportsLine.com has

learned that

Travis Henry is expected to be the Tennessee's starting running back

when they

play vs. the Jets in Week 1 of the regular season. "Chris Brown is

listed as the

No. 1 running back in name only," the source said, citing Henry's

dedication to the

offseason workouts and overall ability as the main reasons why he'll

start over

Brown and rookie LenDale White. Henry started the Titans' third

preseason game, a

home loss to the Falcons. On the preseason, Henry has rushed for 53

yards on 21

carries (a 2.5 yards per carry average) with a touchdown along with

three catches

for 20 yards; Brown has 69 rush yards on 16 carries (4.3 average) with

three passes

caught for 24 yards.

(Updated 08/29/2006).

[[[[[[[[[[[ OUR VIEW ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

We're digging into this more as I'd like to see some confirmation on

this from

another source. It's not shocking though as Henry was given the start

in the all

important Week 3 preseason game. And Chris Brown has looked less than

stellar, not

to mention that Brown's agents continue making noise about wanting a

trade. LenDale

White hasn't shown me much of anything that would make me think he can

carry the

load as the #1 RB.

My take on this right now is to not go crazy but move Henry up the

boards some and

Brown down. White stays about the same. If Brown stays in Tennessee, it

could be a

messy committee with Henry yielding some carries to Brown and then

White possibly

vulturing some goal line work. There's also the possibility that Vince

Young would

be inserted in some goal line packages that might muddy the water even

more.

But still, this is significant news for Travis Henry from a solid

source like CBS

Sportsline and I wanted to let you know what I'm seeing.

Thanks to Footballgheys Tom McKinnon and Jeff Doyle for the headsup

here.

Have a great rest of your Tuesday.

ooooh! Spain was mean to me! I will take my ball and go home and never post here again as long as I live! I am thoe thinsitive! You "huddle pro's" are meanie's and my delicate sensibilities cant handle being called a tool. I hate you bad people and may your shoes never match your belts!

ooooh! Spain was mean to me! I will take my ball and go home and never post here again as long as I live! I am thoe thinsitive! You "huddle pro's" are meanie's and my delicate sensibilities cant handle being called a tool. I hate you bad people and may your shoes never match your belts!

You guys wear belts?? :D

:D

:D

After a full day of news with ESPN and NFL network, i didn't hear hide nor hair of this story, i'm beginning to think CBS's inside man is the mascot :D

More importantly DMD has not posted in on the main site, so many experts must not give too much credit to the story either imo.

Death to us all, if Sportsline becomes our first source of player news :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Aug 29 Brown may be relegated to a backup role in the Titans' season opener against the Jets, CBS Sportsline.com reports.

Recommendation: An anonymous source close to the Titans expected Travis Henry to start over Brown. If head coach Jeff Fisher confirms the news, this would be a tremendous blow to Brown's fantasy value.

This from yahoo, but it has the rotowire symbol in the corner. Rotowire is usually pretty reliable, at least more then CBS.

Aug 29 Brown may be relegated to a backup role in the Titans' season opener against the Jets, CBS Sportsline.com reports.

Recommendation: An anonymous source close to the Titans expected Travis Henry to start over Brown. If head coach Jeff Fisher confirms the news, this would be a tremendous blow to Brown's fantasy value.

This from yahoo, but it has the rotowire symbol in the corner. Rotowire is usually pretty reliable, at least more then CBS.

Umm yeah but it's referring to the Sportsline report.......so Sportsline is still the only source reporting this.

You guys all need to friggin relax.... brentw never stated anything to be fact. In actuality, his original thread topic ASKS if someone can confirm that the article was true. He went on to acknowledge that Sportsline is known for poor information, yet people jump all over him as if HE is the one spreading rumors. Another prime example of people over-reacting without taking 3 minutes to READ THE ENTIRE THREAD.

You guys all need to friggin relax.... brentw never stated anything to be fact. In actuality, his original thread topic ASKS if someone can confirm that the article was true. He went on to acknowledge that Sportsline is known for poor information, yet people jump all over him as if HE is the one spreading rumors. Another prime example of people over-reacting without taking 3 minutes to READ THE ENTIRE THREAD.

well i WAS gonna read till you said it would take 3 minutes...pssh...no time for that crap.

No mention of this rumor in the local media. Nothing in the newspaper about Henry at all except that he missed practice yesterday with an excused absence. Nothing on local sports. Its obvious by the horrible way the Titans offense has played in the pre-season that changes are necessary. Hence, Kerry Collins is now on the roster. But replace Chris Brown with Henry? It doesnt make any sense unless they are about to trade one of them...