[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branch to Return?

canman1104

I just read where Branch might return to the Pats this week... WR Deion Branch, holding out of Patriots camp, is planning a return to the team within a week. The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity but does have knowledge of the situation, says Branch wants to "pull a T.O." and do whatever it takes to force the team to trade him, release him or not franchise tag him.

This says no update but he may have a substantial offer.

Branch looking

No updates to report on the Deion Branch front, although there are rumblings the holdout receiver is expecting to receive at least one substantial offer from another team this week. The Pats have given Branch until Friday to negotiate a contract with another team and work out a trade. . . .

I heard the Pats want 2 number 1's. That sounds like they let him go out with no chance of a trade.

I just read where Branch might return to the Pats this week... WR Deion Branch, holding out of Patriots camp, is planning a return to the team within a week. The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity but does have knowledge of the situation, says Branch wants to "pull a T.O." and do whatever it takes to force the team to trade him, release him or not franchise tag him.

:D

yeah im sure deion is planning on returning to bring disruption and decension to a patriots locker room where he has many friends, is very well liked, and respected!

The reports I've read is that other teams are not even seriously making offers. Why bother putting any effort into negotiating a trade when it's clear that New England is not going to trade him for any reasonable value. This is all a ruse to make Branch feel like he is unwanted so they can lowball him on the contract.

Some people believed the Patriots had too much class to treat their Superbowl MVP like this... :D

Kraft is a tool.

The reports I've read is that other teams are not even seriously making offers. Why bother putting any effort into negotiating a trade when it's clear that New England is not going to trade him for any reasonable value. This is all a ruse to make Branch feel like he is unwanted so they can lowball him on the contract.

Some people believed the Patriots had too much class to treat their Superbowl MVP like this... :D

Kraft is a tool.

Usually Bill is one step ahead of the masses..how come we can all see right through this tactic though? Perhaps there's another reason?

edit: couldn't a team offer a rediculous offer, and then not agree to whatever crazy trade NE wanted? would that raise his value with NE?

Edited by LooGie

Kraft is a tool.

yeah its all a "ruse"...hate to break it to you...but deion and his agent walked away from the table and cut off communications after the patriots made a pretty reasonable offer...they forced the pats hand on this one...the pats only other choice was to cave in and give him a reggie wayne contract

he took this whole thing public..and you dont do that against these guys

yeah its all a "ruse"...hate to break it to you...but deion and his agent walked away from the table and cut off communications after the patriots made a pretty reasonable offer...they forced the pats hand on this one...the pats only other choice was to cave in and give him a reggie wayne contract

he took this whole thing public..and you dont do that against these guys

everyone knows that. It's asking for trouble with these guys.... i believe he's worth CLOSE to Reggie money. maybe within 10 mil over the life of the contract and 2-4 mil bonus... He'll be just as good as Reggie if he were in that offense..but mister balanced spread it around ain't gonna allow it.

the pats need him, or they should write off this season w/o him, or a bonafied #1...but even still..you need someone who knows this system.

everyone knows that. It's asking for trouble with these guys.... i believe he's worth CLOSE to Reggie money. maybe within 10 mil over the life of the contract and 2-4 mil bonus... He'll be just as good as Reggie if he were in that offense..but mister balanced spread it around ain't gonna allow it.

the pats need him, or they should write off this season w/o him, or a bonafied #1...but even still..you need someone who knows this system.

well if he thinks hes worth reggie money, or close to it, then hes getting his chance to see.....and if someone wants to pay him they can wait till the end of the 06 season and pony up

loogie...three years 18 mil....vs waynes 6 year 40 mil...is that within 10 mil over the life of the contract?...i think its pretty fair...the patriots realize how valuable the guy is to them...thats why they even considered dealing with him now....that being said...i think they would still win the division w/out him....i think bam childress can play ball

loogie...three years 18 mil....vs waynes 6 year 40 mil...is that within 10 mil over the life of the contract?...i think its pretty fair...the patriots realize how valuable the guy is to them...thats why they even considered dealing with him now....that being said...i think they would still win the division w/out him....i think bam childress can play ball

I would say give him 6 years 30 mil...but it's obviously about the signing bonus too..and I'm way to lazy and hate the patriots way too much to do the research.

I just think he's worth it. You just can't count on ANY John Sixpack to catch a Brady ball. While Brady can get the ball to the snack vendor in the stands (nay...EVERY snack vender if he wanted) you still have to have yards after the catch.

On any other roster, he's in the top 10 WRs in the NFL imo. And I think Bill knows it. And if he doesn't..well, he does. :D

They'll never agree not to franchise him next year...

While Brady can get the ball to the snack vendor in the stands (nay...EVERY snack vender if he wanted) you still have to have yards after the catch.

He's obviously never been to Gillette. Good luck finding a snack vendor in the stands. You can, however, wait in line for a full quarter if you'd like McDonalds.

Kraft is a tool.

The Patriots remain mystified by and miffed at Branch and his agent, Jason Chayut, for not countering what they felt was a solid original offer in May of a three-year extension they say was worth $19.25 million, with an $8 million bonus spread evenly over two years ($4 million now and another $4 million if he was on the roster in 2007)

So they offer a guy that didn't have 1000 yards receiving last year 6 million+, but that's being classeless?

Nope, sounds more like your statement is cluless.

He's obviously never been to Gillette. Good luck finding a snack vendor in the stands. You can, however, wait in line for a full quarter if you'd like McDonalds.

and pay 10 plus for an extra value meal...lol...theres a mcdonalds right behind my seats in sec 40...ive yet to sample...i prefer the sam adams line