[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think alot of people are going to be let down

crispirons

observation from the 4 drafts i have been in so far.

rookie rb's are going early and often. bush, maroney, williams, white, etc. none, at least at this point, is a starter. sure they will get some playing time, but for where these people are being drafted, i think alot of people are going to be disappointed. i wouldn't be surprised if the rooks kill alot of peoples draft. don't get me wrong, 1 or 2 could surprise (bush being the most likely). i foresee alot of complaining in the coming weeks. jmo.

rookie rb's are going early and often. bush, maroney, williams, white, etc. none, at least at this point, is a starter. sure they will get some playing time, but for where these people are being drafted, i think alot of people are going to be disappointed. i wouldn't be surprised if the rooks kill alot of peoples draft. don't get me wrong, 1 or 2 could surprise (bush being the most likely). i foresee alot of complaining in the coming weeks. jmo.

Bush and Maroney and Lundy are the immediate favorites to make plays now...

White, DeAngelo, Norwood, Calhoun and Addai are longshots...

Mike Bell has me on the fence right now....

I agree with you to a certain point.

However... There are a substantial number of RBBC teams out there, some backs are out with current injuries, and several starting RBs have a history laden with injuries. Then you have to consider many of the rooky running backs have serious potential and/or playing time pretty much guaranteed this season.

That is why people are taking such huge risks on them...especially in keeper leagues.

S.T.

I've taken a shot on Williams, it seems that every other year something happens to DeShaun Foster. A tenth round pick is worth the gamble.

From what I've seen Bush (third round) and White (seventh rd or so?) in a twelve team league is a little wishful. But it's all risk/reward, you can take Bush in the third and may have a superstar or Droughns in the third where you pretty much know what you're getting. Personally, I'm not that big of a gambler.

You're defintely right.

RB is definitely the position for premature picks - there's that much emphasis on it. While a select few may hit the jackpot by drafting a rook RB early, I'll gladly pick up other postion players that fell farther than they should have.

I drank the rookie RB kool-aid last year. Never again...

RB's are overhyped IMO. Sure, it's necessary to have depth at the position, but there is quality to be found in later rounds... I've seen teams win FF Championships with great RB's and without them. To me the "get your RB's early" is a self fulfilling prophecy. You have to draft them early, because they go fast, but they go fast because everybody drafts them early. The rookie RB sensation has just been sucked up into this vacuum.