[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kornheiser

Slugs

While I know this is not technically a fantasy topic - can that guy sux anymore? While I enjoy PTI, his stuff so far dealing with football is lame, lame, lame. The guy seems to lack any spontaneity and seems to rely upon written notes. For example, he sits there with that legal pad covered with notes hoping to use some pity quip that he has written. Maybe he will get better with with time, but jeez he really looks like a stinker for the up coming season.

This trio isn't gonna work. It is not Kornheiser's fault. Joe Theismann is a blathering idiot who takes himself way too seriously. Mike Tirico is like pancakes with no syrup. Kornheiser doesn't have anybody to run with and help him entertain. IMO Maguire instead of Theismann would have been much better. Maguire (sp?) is a moron, but at least he admits he's a moron and doesn't try to act like god's gift to football. I think he and Kornheiser would have had a lot of fun. My real gut instinct tells me that Kornheiser is already sick of the sound of Theismann's voice. It is only a matter of time before Tony lays into him pretty good.

Edited by Seahawks21

This trio isn't gonna work. It is not Kornheiser's fault. Joe Theismann is a blathering idiot who takes himself way too seriously. Mike Tirico is like pancakes with no syrup. Kornheiser doesn't have anybody to run with and help him entertain. IMO Maguire instead of Theismann would have been much better.

Don't go there man. Don't even consider it. You could grab people off the street that would be better than those two.

Tony's a good reporter and not an entertainer, but have to say he is getting pretty entertaining the way he throws Theissman's words back at him. "Joe, didn't you just say..."

ESPN has questions to submit to Tony. I may add a few.

I might be in the minority, but I like Tony. Sure, he is a little stiff right now....but has he ever done a live show that had no script?

I really enjoy when he throws Theismann's words back at him. For years I have been at home saying these exact things to the tv about Theismann. Finally there is someone in the booth that will jab at Theismann.

I think that if you give him some time to get into the flow and get a few games under his belt, he will be quite entertaining for tghe masses.

I think TK is going to be great for MNF. Of course there is going to be a learning curve, but he is progressing nicely. It is a nice break from the donkeys that have been in the booth for the past few years. Joe is the biggest donkey of them all. You have to remember that it is preseason for the announcers as well as the players. The guys in the booth have to come up with clever and insightful things to say about fourth-string players, some of whom won't even make the final squad. Give Tony a break. Everything's going to be fine.

Speaking of Scott whats the problem with his eye? It seems to get worse everynight. I watched sportscenter the other night and both his eyes were pink and all crossed up. :D

ESPN sportscaster, Stuart Scott, nearly lost his left eye when he was working out with the New York Jets. Scott, a former semi-pro player doesn't remember what happened exactly but the football that struck him split his cornea and lens. This injury was especially scary, as years earlier, Scott had sustained a detached retina in his right eye and counted on the 20/20 vision in his left eye to see well.

:Dhttp://www.visionconnection.org/Content/Pr...cookie%5Ftest=1

I might be in the minority, but I like Tony. Sure, he is a little stiff right now....but has he ever done a live show that had no script?

I really enjoy when he throws Theismann's words back at him. For years I have been at home saying these exact things to the tv about Theismann. Finally there is someone in the booth that will jab at Theismann.

I think that if you give him some time to get into the flow and get a few games under his belt, he will be quite entertaining for tghe masses.

I agree :D

Not a fan of Kornheiser either. Perhaps its cuz I'm an FF geek and like to stay 'in the know' more than your average joe, but Tony strikes me as pretty clueless in the NFL knowledge dept, which I find annoying. He also seems to enjoy arguing just for the sake of arguing, which I'm guessing he does when he has no idea what to talk about.

He certainly brings something different to the booth. I'm just not used to it.

I think you all should start a grass roots effort to get me in the booth next year.

"Well Joe, now that you're done sniffing Joe Gibb's jock strap, please tell us why you thought the defense the Cowboys were in was the wrong formation after that 8 yard sack and fumble recovery..."

I agree. I like him too. He's very bright and can hold his own with Theismann. Tirico is kinda blahh though.

The whole booth sux- Tirico needs to go back to doing the North Dakota vs. South Dakota NCAA hockey games- that is all him. TK is a dork and his annoying shtick does not work on MNF. He is a radio guy, and PTI works- but I really expect more on a MNF game. Theisman?? nails on a chalkboard.

This whole crew is ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a fan of Kornheiser either. Perhaps its cuz I'm an FF geek and like to stay 'in the know' more than your average joe, but Tony strikes me as pretty clueless in the NFL knowledge dept, which I find annoying. He also seems to enjoy arguing just for the sake of arguing, which I'm guessing he does when he has no idea what to talk about.

He certainly brings something different to the booth. I'm just not used to it.

Kornheiser plays FF as well, you and he are like brothers. Aside from never having met, that is.