[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the dreaded 5 hole

HowboutthemCowboys

And past the Big 3, the next 8-10 guys (if you're putting Edge and Lamont in the same tier, are McGahee and Parker really that far behind?) are a total jumble based on personal preference; heck, even the Big 3 all have ??? and are up in the air as far as order. In one draft, W Parker and L Jordan went before R Brown; J Jones was the next RB and I drafted Portis in the mid-2nd. In another (which was the initial draft in a keeper/eventual dynasty league) ALL of those guys (including McGahee, and R Bush but not Parker) went with the first 14 picks (SJax 4, Edge 5, R Brown 6, McGahee 11, Jordan last in the run) . And I couldn't fault any of the picks based on the reasoning the owners gave.

I think McGahee and Parker and definitely the next tier down, but I get your point. I like Edge at the #5-8 spot, and I like LJ2 a little past, but I could see LJ2 putting up #6 numbers and Edge putting up #5 numbers. In fact I could see Tiki falling off the face of the earth and putting up #20 numbers. You can make a case all the way around this year.

I'm sort of surprised that Caddy isn't being considered slightly higher than he is also. What I mean is, alot, if not everyone have R. Brown higher, but Caddy broke records and did crazy numbers last year, considering he was hurt for alot of games. But again, you could make the same exact case...

And FWIW the only RB you can't really make a case for to go down in numbers this year is LT2. With Rivers, he'll get alot of carries, and he's the only of the 3 elite that didn't get his O-line all messed up. He didn't sign a hugh deal either.

I could see him outscoring both LJ and SA this year....

Edited by LooGie

I'm sort of surprised that Caddy isn't being considered slightly higher than he is also. What I mean is, alot, if not everyone have R. Brown higher, but Caddy broke records and did crazy numbers last year, considering he was hurt for alot of games. But again, you could make the same exact case...

True. I thought I had the 3 pick in the previously-mentioned initial dynasty draft, and I was SERIOUSLY considering Caddy over whichever of LT or SA fell to me (LT has reached 2100 touches, SA has 1900 and turns 30 - RBs tend to fall off when they hit those magic #s).

Since then, I've kind of gotten man-wood for Brown; just a hunch Miami will be more inclined to ram it down people's throats. Gruden has shown he likes to do that as well, but I guess I'd rank it as Caddy will have more rec/total yds, Brown will do better in rushing yds/tds.

True. I thought I had the 3 pick in the previously-mentioned initial dynasty draft, and I was SERIOUSLY considering Caddy over whichever of LT or SA fell to me (LT has reached 2100 touches, SA has 1900 and turns 30 - RBs tend to fall off when they hit those magic #s).

Since then, I've kind of gotten man-wood for Brown; just a hunch Miami will be more inclined to ram it down people's throats. Gruden has shown he likes to do that as well, but I guess I'd rank it as Caddy will have more rec/total yds, Brown will do better in rushing yds/tds.

So which pick did you really have?