[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marques Colston

rajncajn

I was a fan of Bethel Johnson...don't know what happened to him.

How did he do in minicamp/preseason?

he got hurt...

Sprained MCL. Until then he was looking good, but not anything to write home about.

Brad Evans from Yahoo Sports pretty much nails it on Colston.

Bringin' the Noise: Donte' Deal

On August 28, drag racer Donte' Stallworth was traded from the New Orleans Saints to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a conditional 2007 fourth-round pick. Stallworth should get his first taste of action in Eagle's final preseason game against the New York Jets on Thursday.

Spin: Before running out of the tunnel for the first time at Lincoln Financial Field, head coach Andy Reid should make the soft Stallworth watch "Invincible" at least a dozen times.

The move to the City of Brotherly Love rockets Stallworth's value into the stratosphere. A slick speed demon with blinding acceleration, his numbers have trended upward in three consecutive seasons. Mental lapses and a suspect work ethic have always been questioned, but he is undoubtedly the new No. 1 in a pass-happy offense that averaged a prolific 38.8 pass attempts a year ago. For those yet to draft, place Stallworth on the same pedestal as T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Currently going around pick No. 100 in Y! drafts, expect solid No. 3 receiver numbers around 75 receptions, 1,100 yards and 7-9 touchdowns.

Down on Bourbon Street, rookie Marques Colston has slipped past Devery Henderson as the Saints No. 2. At 6-foot-4, 233 pounds, the Saints 7th Round selection out of Hofstra is a monstrosity known for his soft hands and break-tackle ability. Head coach Sean Payton has been very impressed with the youngster saying, "every time he puts on the pads, he's doing great things." Defenses will likely key on Joe Horn, opening up more open spaces for Colston to exploit. Deep points-per-reception leagues in need of receiver depth should take a chance. If Colston can fend off the more experienced Henderson, season totals around 50 receptions, 700 yards and 4-6 touchdowns are not improbable.

So Colsten doesn't have any value if he ends up as the #2 but Stallworth did when he was still with the Saints?

Note...the key there is IF he solidifies the #2 WR spot..

Stallworth was never on my radar. Never liked him and Brees' play worries me so far. I even ended up with Horn in an auction league and I'm worried about his production this year.

This is an older quote from before Stallworth was traded, so take it however you want to.

The most intriguing position has been wide receiver, where third-year pro Devery Henderson has been getting some looks with the first team ahead of incumbent starter Dontè Stallworth.
www.nola.com

Sportsline has him listed as a tight end. MFL has him listed as a WR. His player description page on Sportsline does say WR, but he is a tight end on the add/drop page.

I

My Sportsline League shows him as a WR:

Rookie Colston to stick in NO? Updated 8/28/06

Colston, Marques WR NO

News: The Eagles acquired WR Donte Stallworth from the Saints on Monday, sending veteran linebacker Mark Simoneau and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007 to the Saints. The trade is pending both players passing physicals with their new team. Stallworth, the 13th overall pick in the 2002 draft, had 70 receptions for 945 yards and seven touchdowns last season. Devery Henderson is expected to start for New Orleans opposite Joe Horn. Analysis: Rookie Marques Colston could make the team's final roster and get some decent playing time. The former collegiate tight end has awesome height (6-foot-4) and could be a goal-line threat (he dropped an easy TD pass in a preseason game). He may not be worth a pick in seasonal leagues, but he's definitely a guy to keep in mind.

Interesting stats from last nights game.

Henderson had 5 receptions for 51 yards

Colston had 1 reception for 7 yards.

Both were in the WR rotation early.

I wouldn't read anything into that, Henderson played most of the game, Colston was only in with the other starters. But it does look like Henderson set himself up to be our #3.

This is an older quote from before Stallworth was traded, so take it however you want to.

www.nola.com

Yeah, that report was a month ago. At the time Henderson was getting the first team looks because Stallworth was still sidelined with a groin injury. Colston just outperformed Henderson for the starting gig.

My Sportsline League shows him as a WR:

Rookie Colston to stick in NO? Updated 8/28/06

Colston, Marques WR NO

News: The Eagles acquired WR Donte Stallworth from the Saints on Monday, sending veteran linebacker Mark Simoneau and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007 to the Saints. The trade is pending both players passing physicals with their new team. Stallworth, the 13th overall pick in the 2002 draft, had 70 receptions for 945 yards and seven touchdowns last season. Devery Henderson is expected to start for New Orleans opposite Joe Horn. Analysis: Rookie Marques Colston could make the team's final roster and get some decent playing time. The former collegiate tight end has awesome height (6-foot-4) and could be a goal-line threat (he dropped an easy TD pass in a preseason game). He may not be worth a pick in seasonal leagues, but he's definitely a guy to keep in mind.

The report is incorrect, he was never a TE in college & it wasn't him that dropped the TD pass. That report was posted on the Saints board & nobody saw him drop a pass at all, much less in the end zone.

• 2 months later...