[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homers

Duchess Jack

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Hank Baskett for the Eagles would be considered a super sleeper considering he was an undrafted rookie who worked his way to the starting #2 Wr spot before the Donte Stallworth was acquired.

I think he may have trouble working out of the slot now, but split out he showed a lot of potential. He far outplayed every veteran on an admittedly weak receiving core. He's a sleeper in a real football sense, not fantasy-wise, considering few top wr draft picks even have the chance to start.

I think you may hear his name on the highlight reels- if we hadn't picked up stallworth I would have been positive he'd do something this year- I had him pegged for 500 yards, 5 tds- maybe now, we're talking about the future.

I'd throw Bryant Johnson into the mix from Arizona, though after the pre-season he might not sneak up on anyone, but in a 3 receiver set, and the pass catching ability of Edge out of the backfield, how deep do you have to be to guard Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Edge, and still get good coverage on Johnson? I think he could break through and have a Brandon Stokely type emergence thanks to the threats ahead of him.

Sleeper: Mark Clayton

Deep Sleeper: Devard Darling

Extra Deep Super Secret Sleeper: Demetrius Williams

Point here is that if the Ravens O-line protects and McNair stays healthy, they will have a passing game. Mason and Heap will get many looks, but Clayton will also have opportunities and the 3rd WR will too. In deep leagues Darling or Williams could be a good start if your other WR's are on a bye week or injured. Here is a good article on them:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article.jsp?id=11998

My weigh in goes as is-

Mike Bell- Just not a better RB then Tatum. Tatum will get 10 carries a game and this is a situation that will ruin your draft just stay away.

Javon Walker- Wow glad Favre is such a tool this guy is awesome I can easily see him putting up 1400 8TDs, taking Rod Smith down to 900 4 TDs.

Tony Scheffler- OK let me first say I love this guy and think behind Walker this guy is the best receiver on the team, but he is way overrated. He is not worth a pick in a redraft league unless it is a very deep one. Stephen Alexander is playing pretty well and has the starting job. The Broncos will be using some 2 TEs set, but we didn't see much when he was playing with the first team. Don't even know if he caught a pass from someone not named Jay Cutler I'll keep you posted.

Jake Plummer- Will be playing every game this year. Led us to a AFC Championship and Walker will make him look very good

I'm always up for requests for avatars. I'm no expert, but, I'll try my best.

menudo

my 2 favorite teams are the Browns and Chiefs,AND Derrick Thomas was my favorite,,i was stunned when he died,,he had the world by the balls,,well the football world anyway,but i do like that avatar you made,,good job

Bob

Edited by ohiobob

Well, I disagree on Scheffler. I think he represents great value at TE this year. Alexander caught 37 balls last year or about 2 per game. He will be used more as a blocker this year. I see Scheffler catching 50+ balls this season and 5 TDs. Not bad for a guy that isn't being drafted in many leagues.

Well, I disagree on Scheffler. I think he represents great value at TE this year. Alexander caught 37 balls last year or about 2 per game. He will be used more as a blocker this year. I see Scheffler catching 50+ balls this season and 5 TDs. Not bad for a guy that isn't being drafted in many leagues.

I don't see it yet. His blocking isn't good enough to be the starter yet. I'd love to see this guy break out, but Alexander is the better TE right now but you know Shanny wants to get the new Shannon Sharpe. But I just think he'll be overwhelmed by 1st team defenses with his blocking skill from what he played in last year.

Not really fantasy, but Bears rookie FB Runnels is apparently a beast, although he got nicked in the last game and am not sure of his current status.

But word is he's nasty and effective which might mean for an even better rushing attack tthan last year, although the Bears avoided any significant injuries which wasn't the case to two preceding years.

Miami

Derek Hagan

Drafted in the 3rd round by Miami. The kid is big (6'2") and fast. He had a bad pro day and combine, so his draft stock fell.

He caught 94% of the passes thrown to him in college and runs excellent routes. He's physical and knows how to use his body.

He has great run after the catch ability.

You can likely get him in the last round of your draft as he is lower on the depth chart, but he has Welker and Booker ahead of him and he should have the starting job by the end of the year.

Great thing about Miami is the QB depth. Cpep, Harrington and Lemon. There are a lot of options here. You don't have to worry about a starter going down and ruining the recievers.

Jets -- hmm, well, um, okay I have to pick someone right? Ill say Jeremy Cotchery just to spark a debate. He is the number 2 WR and the dude can play. Having said that, he still wont make much fantasy impact but still better than people think.

Brad Smith will make the occasional big play tempting someone to draft him, but next year is where he makes his impact.

Leon Washington = Jerome Harrison.

Pennington, if healthy, might be a serviceable #2 QB.

Coles might have a productive season (Pennington will force feed him this year) so 80 receptions and 6 TDs is pretty good for a 3rd or 4th WR (which is where you can have him).

Having said all this -- I have no Jets players on any of my teams.

Props Guru............. :D

Might be his only TD catch of the year, but, I can feel good for one day. :D Also, that one TD catch is equal to Randle-El's regular season total last year......seriously.