[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC Homers

BOARHOGZ

Wife got me tickets for KC v. SF at the end of September...plan on playing some dice and gorging ourselves on KC BBQ. Need tips on good BBQ joints. Im from Louisiana so the hotter the better, but I want some GOOD stuff man. Any help would be appreciated.

Dont know what other forum this would logically fit.....

Gates and Arthur Bryant's are the names you need to know. There are several of each in KC, but I'd try to hit the original's downtown if I were you. I'm a Gates man personally, and if you like hot, their sauce has a little kick to it and they also make an extra hot version.

Links:

http://www.gatesbbq.com/

http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/

Frankly, it's hard to go wrong w/ KC barbecue.

I really love the Crown Ribs at Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ (think prime rib, on bone)...with their spectacular baked beans and cheesy corn.

...I'll drop a link to this thread to Chief Dick... He's got some good ideas about KC 'que, too.

In order:

1. Gates. Just be ready to order when they yell at you. If there is 2 of you, when they yell at you, just say: "Slab to stay". You want to yell this at the top of your lungs. Then, grab a tray, and order your fries and beer right before they ask for your money.

2. Arthur Bryants. I highly recommend tipping the guy who takes your order $5 or so. You will get a little extra meat with your order.

3. Jack Stack. This is where all the BBQ weinie's go. (like muck) It's good, but you don't get the KC experience going to this place. It's a sit-down BBQ joint, which always ranks low on my list. IMO, you need to stand in line and place your order and then find your own damn place to sit amongst the locals. Jack Stack is for the tourists.

Edited by Chief Dick

• 2 weeks later...

In order:

1. Gates. Just be ready to order when they yell at you. If there is 2 of you, when they yell at you, just say: "Slab to stay". You want to yell this at the top of your lungs. Then, grab a tray, and order your fries and beer right before they ask for your money.

2. Arthur Bryants. I highly recommend tipping the guy who takes your order $5 or so. You will get a little extra meat with your order.

3. Jack Stack. This is where all the BBQ weinie's go. (like muck) It's good, but you don't get the KC experience going to this place. It's a sit-down BBQ joint, which always ranks low on my list. IMO, you need to stand in line and place your order and then find your own damn place to sit amongst the locals. Jack Stack is for the tourists.

You had me at hello.