[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maroney hurt!?

Big Ernie McCracken

:D

I don't suppose it occurs to you that neither HC gives a rat's ass about FF owners and their FF problems and are much more concerned about their NFL teams and how to optimize the release of information to the benefit of their NFL teams?

Can't speak for Trots, but, its not that I blame them for the way they handle things, but, that doesn't mean I have to like it. :D

The Boston Globe reports that "Whatever is holding (Laurence) Maroney back isn't expected to be a long-term situation."

The Globe's Mike Reiss is usually spot-on, so this is good news for worried Maroney owners. Maroney was reported to have injured his knee.

Just read this info...I'm breathing a little better.

I'm a Maroney owner and not a Dillion owner, but lets take a look at what we know. Maroney was to have hurt it during his last preseason game. Maroney looked like he was walking and acting fine. I'm guessing he tweaked it a little and might be a little sore or minor. Maroney does not even make trip to Meadowlands this concerns me a little, I think a small tweak you still dress with the team and go to the game. I'm leaning towards a health precaution and BB being his normal self. This would be a pretty big blow to my Keeper contract team (1st year). I have Caddy,Bush,Maroney for starters very young howver very talented. I do however think it's a good time to approach a owner like me with trade offers. I'm going to be patient myself and follow it through, but I know guys who are ready to move people at the drop of any news like this. I think you can just go to earlier this week with the Travis Henry/Chris Brown rumors for evidence. I'm sure there was alot of fa pickups,drops,and some trades I'm sure for what a rumor!!!!!! I say just be patient Maroney owners and stay the course here especially Keeper and Dynasty owners...You don't have him now is the time to go get him.

Edited by sacosud

Another case of fantasy football owners FREAKING out over the slightest news regarding a marginal (not top 10...you have to be so specific, I have learned on these message boards, or the literal stat boys jump all over you) player. Breathe.

Good info here.

LINK

Below is a passage from the Boston Globe article

"The Patriots also traded rookie free agent running back Patrick Cobbs to the Pittsburgh Steelers for an undisclosed draft choice. The team had received several phone calls on Cobbs as the exhibition season unfolded, and ultimately felt comfortable with Corey Dillon, Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, and Heath Evans at running back. The trade of Cobbs is a reflection on how the Patriots view the undisclosed injury that kept Maroney out of practice early in the week and out of action Thursday: It's nothing with long-term implications."