[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branch

Balzac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....the emergence of Brady made Bledsoe a very expensive backup (not that he'd tolerate being a backup). And Law was in his 11th year after being an expensive 10th year injury stat.

The only similarity I see here is the expense. Branch should be coming into his prime as a WR careerwise. Don't get me wrong.....I still think Branch has no leg to stand on (or shouldn't). His stats don't yet merit any kind of holdout situation. If he's trying to compare himself to Ward or Walker last year.....he's nuts.

Well.....the emergence of Brady made Bledsoe a very expensive backup (not that he'd tolerate being a backup). And Law was in his 11th year after being an expensive 10th year injury stat.

The only similarity I see here is the expense. Branch should be coming into his prime as a WR careerwise. Don't get me wrong.....I still think Branch has no leg to stand on (or shouldn't). His stats don't yet merit any kind of holdout situation. If he's trying to compare himself to Ward or Walker last year.....he's nuts.

Agreed. He's just still pissed that they made him sign a 5 year rookie deal. He wants his payday now, not next year. Tough doughnuts.

I also doubt that the Pats will let him go for a song. We'll see if this actually comes to pass.

If he had Favre throwing to him, he'd be just as good as Walker was. Branch's numbers are no fault of his own.

Could be Derrick Strait and a #2 - he's a decent cornerback and I think the Pats could use some depth back there...unless, of course, Troy Brown is going to play DB again. The Jets already dealt Strait once for Suggs, but it was voided when Suggs failed the physical.

As a Jets fan, I wouldn't mind having Branch - but the Pats will only do it if they feel they are really ripping the Jets off. I just can't see the Jets dealing with the Pats and coming out of it in any other position than with their pants down around their ankles. :D

Of course, this is a new regime in New York...they got someone to give them something for Brooks Bollinger for god's sake, so I guess anything is possible.

Minny is the most logical choice, with Krob now gone. SEA would be wasting money into an offense that is already pretty potent. Why spend more on that side of the ball, when they play in the weakest DEF division in football?

Djax, Burleson, Engram are a great trio for Hassy. Why dillute it even more.

The Jets, well that would be interesting. Coles is the man there IMHO, especially with Pennington coming back. Pennington loves Coles, should be a nice connection again.

4pm just won't come fast enough I guess to hear what BB has to say...

i just heard on espn radio that the Pats are looking for two #1s. f*ck that. they must not be serious about trading him. c'mon, this is Deion Branch not Joey Galloway :D

FWIW, Dave Mahler of KJR just reported that he spoke to Pasquerelli moments ago, and the Pats want a first rd pick PLUS something else, while the Jets & Hawks are offering #2's, so it is Len's opinion that a deal will never happen.

Draftsharks has had Burleson ranked above DJax all summer. They're now saying that Seattle's interest in Branch only confirms that DJax's knee is worse off then they're reporting.

naw- Djax is still the #1- his knee could very well be worse- BUT DJax has shown the ability to play without any practice, and play with pain- still, very mysterious, as there is a serious lack of info on Djax up here.

FWIW, Dave Mahler of KJR just reported that he spoke to Pasquerelli moments ago, and the Pats want a first rd pick PLUS something else, while the Jets & Hawks are offering #2's, so it is Len's opinion that a deal will never happen.

And between the 2 teams, I'd rather have the Jets #2 since it's really more like a late #1.