[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branch

Balzac

This is funny because it's true. :D

For what it's worth, the Jets have two #2's next year. They got one on draft day when they traded down. I believe it's the Redskins' pick, but not 100% certain. Either that or the Raiders.

So, if they deal a #2 pick, it's not necessarily their own pick.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta give props to the Pats IF they get a high draft pick and a decent palyer for Branch who is asking for much more than he is worth. Losing him will deplete their WR group but they would be building wisely for the near future with cap room and extra draft picks.

If Seattle is willing to pay Branch and give up a draft pick, D-Jax is probably in jeopardy of not only playing this year but probably has a career threatening injury. Don't forget, the Hawks also picked up Burleson in the off-season as well. D-Jax's situation looks more and more suspicious to me if they are true players in the Branch sweepstakes.

As for the Jets, what the heck are they doing? All these trades being made this summer has me wondering if they think they are contenders or feel like they have a shot at the division?

Profootballtalk.com reports.....

let me finish this.

.....are often times inaccurate and only posted in order to get poeple to their sites. They are muckrackers through and through.

Ealier this year they briefly made national press by "breaking" a story that Brady Quinn was going to be ruled ineligible for the upcoming college season. Anyone remember that?

This isn't the article you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

let me finish this.

.....are often times inaccurate and only posted in order to get poeple to their sites. They are muckrackers through and through.

Ealier this year they briefly made national press by "breaking" a story that Brady Quinn was going to be ruled ineligible for the upcoming college season. Anyone remember that?

This isn't the article you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

being reported on Sirius' NFL network now as well.

As for the Jets, what the heck are they doing? All these trades being made this summer has me wondering if they think they are contenders or feel like they have a shot at the division?

I don't think they have any illusions of being contenders this year.

They haven't really gone out and tried to acquire talent through trades. They got draft picks for Abraham, and they have essentially traded Doug Jolley for Sean Ryan. The traded Bollinger (who was going to be cut anyway) for a back-up lineman and a pick. They gave up a lower round (undisclosed) pick for Barlow out of necessity to field a team. Seems like they are trying to stockpile draft picks and get rid of dead weight. Which is why the Branch deal would be different from what they've done up to this point.

let me finish this.

Sure. but several Boston reporters and the main sports radio station are all over this. There is credibility to these rumors.

being reported on Sirius' NFL network now as well.

Which might only mean they picked it up from pft or it could have been gotten from NE, we really don't know their source. Cripes, cnnsi picked up the Quinn story for a day or two before pulling it which no doubt boosted PFT's hits which is all they're after.

I'd say they run a 15-20% success rate tops.

i just heard on espn radio that the Pats are looking for two #1s. f*ck that. they must not be serious about trading him. c'mon, this is Deion Branch not Joey Galloway :D

The thought process appears to be that if the opposing team thinks that Branch is worth $40 million for 6 years...which is what he's looking for, then he must be worth the compensation.

Which might only mean they picked it up from pft or it could have been gotten from NE, we really don't know their source. Cripes, cnnsi picked up the Quinn story for a day or two before pulling it which no doubt boosted PFT's hits which is all they're after.

I'd say they run a 15-20% success rate tops.

Is the below enough for you? It's being reported everywhere . . .

With the clock ticking toward a Friday 4 p.m. ET deadline for striking a deal, league sources confirmed for ESPN.com that New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch has reached agreement with the New York Jets and, as sources tell ESPN.com's Michael Smith, the Seattle Seahawks on a long-term contract that meets his demands.

With the clock ticking toward a Friday 4 p.m. ET deadline for striking a deal, league sources confirmed for ESPN.com that New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch has reached agreement with the New York Jets and, as sources tell ESPN.com's Michael Smith, the Seattle Seahawks on a long-term contract that meets his demands.

Great, but do either of the 2 teams meet the Patriots' demands?

Is the below enough for you? It's being reported everywhere . . .

Well, it is now, but as long as it was a "PFT only scoop" I wouldn't believe it. The timeline on this info distribution is what is key to what I'm saying about them: were they the VERY first to report it or are they based in the northeast and pulled it off of talk sports radio? They supposedly "scooped" everyone on the Brady Quinn thing and it died a quick death.

Besides, throw enough crap against a wall and some of it is bound to stick.