[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branch done deal

Jedi

It's not a three-way trade: Branch has merely negotiated deals with each team that he is happy with. Phase two (which is not yet set, apparantly) is that one of those teams needs to negotiate an acceptable level of compensation to provide the Pat's with.

Ah, I see. Some of the earlier reports suggested that it was.

Good move by Seattle.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I see. Some of the earlier reports suggested that it was.

Good move by Seattle.

Well, I guess it *could* work out as a three-way trade, hypothetically. But the article I linked (above) made no indication that was part of the deal's current structure.

To be clear.. I'm asking a question if it's official. It appears it's not official yet.

Branch done deal :D

I sent a trade immediately for Ben Watson without reading through the posts.

I was assuming it was already confirmed.....didnt even want to waste time looking it up anywhere...

Next time I guess I wont trust so much......

This does make it look more like DJax's injury is more serious than being reported.

But if not, maybe DJax to NE? :D

The Patriots are not a "stupid" organization. If they are accepting DJax back...IF, mind you...then I would think the opposite; That he is NOT hurt that bad.

Well i live in NY, and i was just listenin to WFAN, and they're saying the Jets have a deal with Branch, and that NE is asking for 2 1st round picks...

They believe the Jets wouldn't give that up, they said they would be willing to give up a 1st if NE gives them a mid to late round pick with Branch in return

The Patriots are not a "stupid" organization. If they are accepting DJax back...IF, mind you...then I would think the opposite; That he is NOT hurt that bad.

Sweet Jesus: can you imagine trying to ascertain D-Jax' week-to-week injury status if he were a Patriot? :D

This is from kffl less than an hour ago:

Seahawks | Leading contender for Branch? - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:44:55 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports WEEI's Michael Holley has reported that the Seattle Seahawks are the more serious of the two teams bidding for New England Patriots WR Deion Branch, but that the Patriots still want two first-round draft picks in return, which isn't going to happen.

TWO first round picks? What a joke. New England is playing games.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I was assuming it was already confirmed.....didnt even want to waste time looking it up anywhere...

Yes, you should probably read :D

Dan Patrick just said NE wants two firsts. I heard that earlier too. It makes it look like the Pats were just stringing Branch along.

Must be time to pull a Javon and get his Dad to say Deion will never play for the Pats again.

Edited by Randall

Dan Patrick just said NE wants two firsts. I heard that earlier too. It makes it look like the Pats were just stringing Branch along.

If indeed it's for "two first round picks", then this was nothing but window dressing and a power play on the Pats part.

I would hope you're joking dude... Rookie move...

However, if you're the one receiving Watson good on ya. Thinking he'll be big this year!

Edited by Raider.Nation

This does make it look more like DJax's injury is more serious than being reported.

I've believed this to be the case all summer. Too bad, he's good when on the field, but I lack faith in his health, and the reports seem to have been odd. Can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust his situation... for the Hawks or fantasy.

I'm pretty sure NE said they wanted two 1st's a long time ago didn't they? If so then they didn't string Branch along at all. Anyone talking with Branch about a long term deal should've talked to the Pats about their end of the deal too. If he has 2 deals agreed on with 2 different teams and neither comes close to the Pats demands then Branch is the one that strung the teams along.

Must be time to pull a Javon and get his Dad to say Deion will never play for the Pats again.

BUT, if NE doesn't make a deal, & Branch holds out until the final 6 games & comes in, he will have fulfilled his contract & can leave next year, with the Pats getting nothing in return.

It is in NE's best interest to make a deal with someone. Even if it's for a 2nd rounder, It better than nothing.

Edited by Bonehand

I read elsewhere this morning that sources close to Brach say he is intransigent in his contract demands with the Patriots. So unless a trade can be worked out, I have my doubts that Branch will merely "show up" Week 1. But who knows; this whole thing is crazy.

I would hope you're joking dude... Rookie move...

However, if you're the one receiving Watson good on ya. Thinking he'll be big this year!

well first im not a rookie....just because I just joined this board doesnt make me a rookie to FF....

and yes I am the one asking for Watson....Im not sold on Gonzalez

If indeed it's for "two first round picks", then this was nothing but window dressing and a power play on the Pats part.

Yup, they've been asking for 2 1st all along.

The Pats are loosing their #1 WR who is under contract. They feel if Branch is able to secure a deal then they should get something in return, no matter how rediculous it seems.

Thus keeping Branch a Pat. They do not want to set a precidence (sp?) for other players (not named Seymour and Brady :D )

Personally I don't fault either side but it surprises me of Branch, he should finish his contract then move one if he wants more money. Bring on the Bam Childress era..... :lol::D