[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branch done deal

Jedi

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uh oh..... :D

I thought about it hard-but I don't want to Hi-Jack the thread to explain it to the noob, but if ya just found the Huddle...well chances are your a rook...even if it's your 4-5th year of playing FF(OK I said it :D )

Edited by PantherDave

This is from kffl less than an hour ago:

TWO first round picks? What a joke. New England is playing games.

I have felt all along that the Patriots were making an example out of Branch. Basically, they're saying to ther rest of their players that if you decide to hold out, we're going to screw you. I assume Branch is still being fined by the Pats for every day he misses practice. Poor bastage, his fines are going to surpass his salary pretty soon.

So, the let him go out, test the market, establish what he's worth to another team, then make ridiculous demands thereby negating any possibility of a trade.

I'd like to see Branch on the Jets, but if they give up anything more than a 2nd round pick I'm going to start thinking that Eric Mangini is still secretly on the Patriots payroll.

Too bad Caldwell didn't have a better preseason, otherwise he'd warrant a dancing bannana, too.

ahaha I had caldwell as a sleeper, but from what I am hearing..and seeing, he's done little to impress..

There's a reason Caldwell's not a Bolt anymore. :D "He's not that good!!!"

I hope Branch holds out...

:D DON'T CAVE!....GET YOUR DEAL!

but then again, he'd have to come back by week 10 unless he doesn't want to be a FA next year (this is the last year of his contract, correct?)...

some of my info may be off, but the point is he'll have to play some point heading into my fantasy playoffs and that stinks for Watson...

but then again, he'd have to come back by week 10 unless he doesn't want to be a FA next year (this is the last year of his contract, correct?)...

some of my info may be off, but the point is he'll have to play some point heading into my fantasy playoffs and that stinks for Watson...

AFAIK, he could still get slapped with the franchise tag by the Pats next year even if he held out this year.

If indeed it's for "two first round picks", then this was nothing but window dressing and a power play on the Pats part.

I don't think so. Branch said all along that he wants Reggie Wayne money. Well, wouldn't Reggie Wayne be worth two first round picks in trade compensation, especially if you're decimating your receiving corps to let him go?

I don't think so. Branch said all along that he wants Reggie Wayne money. Well, wouldn't Reggie Wayne be worth two first round picks in trade compensation, especially if you're decimating your receiving corps to let him go?

sounds like they are toying with him....

"if you're 'Reggie Wayne' talent, then we'll get 'Reggie Wayne' trade value"

<-- Ben Watson owner :D

+1 :lol:

If I recall correctly I remember hearing reports at the beginning of this mess of Branch saying he would come back week 10 just to be a FA next year. This may have been part of his threats to NE but it was mentioned.

sounds like they are toying with him....

"if you're 'Reggie Wayne' talent, then we'll get 'Reggie Wayne' trade value"

Maybe the Jets are just playing games too. They could be just offering Branch more than thay think he's worth in an effort to drive up what the Patriots will ultimately have to pay him. That's something Bellichick would do, and Mangini is clearly a chip off the old block.

I wouldn't give up two first-round picks for Wayne and then have to shell out tens of million to sign him long-term. And Wayne actually has multiple 16-game seasons under his belt.

I wouldn't give up two first-round picks for Wayne and then have to shell out tens of million to sign him long-term. And Wayne actually has multiple 16-game seasons under his belt.

The Patriots will do a deal for less than 2 first rounders. It's posturing. I think they will get a first and maybe a conditional.

I have felt all along that the Patriots were making an example out of Branch. Basically, they're saying to ther rest of their players that if you decide to hold out, we're going to screw you. I assume Branch is still being fined by the Pats for every day he misses practice. Poor bastage, his fines are going to surpass his salary pretty soon.

So, the let him go out, test the market, establish what he's worth to another team, then make ridiculous demands thereby negating any possibility of a trade.

I still say this is a terrible way to treat your Superbowl MVP.

New England offered him less than he was worth, then let him seek a trade because they wanted to find out how much other teams would pay for him. Well... they found out. Other teams WILL pay him the money he wants.

Pay him, or trade him for fair value. The Pats are going to shoot themselves in the foot if they teach him a lesson. And the lesson isn't worth it... he's not T.O... this isn't a matter of principle. He's a guy who deserves a better contract as their #1 WR.

New England will suck without a WR. This has been a terrible move for the team on the field and off the field. I bet Brady is lobbying hard for him behind the scenes.

Well, that's the point. I'm not saying that I think he's as good as Reggie Wayne. I'm saying that he thinks he is, and that he should be compensated accordingly. It goes both ways.

Besides, that's negotiation; I'm sure the actual deal would have been for less than two first rounders.

I still say this is a terrible way to treat your Superbowl MVP.

New England offered him less than he was worth, then let him seek a trade because they wanted to find out how much other teams would pay for him. Well... they found out. Other teams WILL pay him the money he wants.

Pay him, or trade him for fair value. The Pats are going to shoot themselves in the foot if they teach him a lesson. And the lesson isn't worth it... he's not T.O... this isn't a matter of principle. He's a guy who deserves a better contract as their #1 WR.

New England will suck without a WR. This has been a terrible move for the team on the field and off the field. I bet Brady is lobbying hard for him behind the scenes.

but wasn't the deal for 6 mil a year?....I read that Seattle reached a deal with him for 6 years, 36 mil....isn't the same money?...or just more guaranteed? :D