[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branch done deal

Jedi

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no need in Branch.

Darrell Jackson's injury has been hyped so much that the whole fantasy world is afraid to draft him. Last year was the only season he's been that hurt. in 2004 he only missed 3 games. The Hawks didnt want to risk him getting hurt in the pre season which is why we didnt play him. He is a proven vet that shouldnt have to. I mean its football injuries happen. Im suprised Alexander had to play as much as he did.

Nate Burleson has amazing chemistry with Hasselbeck. Lightning is gonna strike every sunday between these two and I see a big year. Hasselbeck said Burleson is a receiver he is most comfortable with in that amount of time.

We? All the dropped passes and defenders tipping balls away that Burlson should have caught will wear even further on Hass. What chemistry?

This reads like a White House propaganda sheet. That's some serious spin.

We have no need in Branch.

Darrell Jackson's injury has been hyped so much that the whole fantasy world is afraid to draft him. Last year was the only season he's been that hurt. in 2004 he only missed 3 games. The Hawks didnt want to risk him getting hurt in the pre season which is why we didnt play him. He is a proven vet that shouldnt have to. I mean its football injuries happen. Im suprised Alexander had to play as much as he did.

Nate Burleson has amazing chemistry with Hasselbeck. Lightning is gonna strike every sunday between these two and I see a big year. Hasselbeck said Burleson is a receiver he is most comfortable with in that amount of time.

Engram s one of the best slot receivers I have seen and will do great at moving the chains on 3rd down conversions.

DJ Hackett and Maurice Mann are very talented young wide receives that are determined to make big plays this year. Warrick is going to be used for punt returns rather then receiving.

Seahawks are very weak at TE at the moment but with the talented receivers in Seattle we should have 2 wins by time Stevens comes back, and Stevens is gonna spread the feild and be a great red zone threat.

I wouldnt say were stacked but we have a great group of receivers and along with our running game those guys look that much better.

I read they also have Mike Moses, a wide receiver that can part defenses with but a gesture and demanded to the NCAA, "LET MY PEOPLE GO!". Truly, a breathtaking group of men...nay, heroes. The gods look upon them in jealous rage.

just busting your balls

Edited by gsmayes

With all due respect to Seahawks37, I disagree about the health of DJax. Local media (King5, KJR 950, beat reporters...) have all stated that DJax hasn't practiced yet and is "currently on schedule to practice this next week." Everyone knows that.

What local media is beginning to whisper is that DJax may have what is known as a degenerative knee condition, ala bone on bone. Think Dominick Davis. The fact that THIS TIME NOW is the Seahawks window for the SB, and that DJax hasn't practiced at all speaks volumes. His knee is a mess, and he won't be anywhere near 100% anytime soon if he even plays at all.

Seattle doesn't play games like some other teams in terms of going after a player. If Seattle's name is mentioned, we want him. We aren't just trying to drive up the price. Obviously if Ruskell and company were talking to Branch with these figures, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that DJax may be in a bit of a bad spot with the knee.

I am the biggest Hawks homer around, I live for the Hawks... but I call it like I see it. We have struggling with injuries right now, and Bobby Engram is a fine slot receiver, but he can't last a season as a #1 or #2 imo. And there is no way Holmgren is going to roll with rookie/young unproven WRs this year with everything on the line if they can't help it. So yeah, DJax is in bad shape, and obviously the Seahawk management is playing to win now, so if he can't go they are looking to pick someone up.

:D

Then I guess I better not go off what my buddies tell me, I was told DJax had been practicing all pre season but we arent using him in games because of the obvious reasons given. This is a very interesting situation the Hawks are in then.

Is Branch worth it though? I sure dont think so.

I have faith in Hackett and Maurice Mann. Last year our guys proved they could make plays. I mean dont take these guys fantasy wise unless For sure Hackett would be a #2,but they will help us big if DJax goes down this season.

What is with the "we" chit-if you don't get a paycheck sighned by Paul Allen, there is no "we". The use of "we" proclaims to being a player, coach, owner or employee of said team. The use of "we" is a no-no here at the Huddle, so consider yourself informed. :D

12th man baby!

Like I said, there is no "we", as the fans are "them" or "us".

Didn't *WE* kick your team's --- last season? :D

And obviously I'm not with the team nor do I pretend to, it's simply easier to write that way.

Seattle doesn't play games like some other teams in terms of going after a player. If Seattle's name is mentioned, we want him. We aren't just trying to drive up the price. Obviously if Ruskell and company were talking to Branch with these figures, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that DJax may be in a bit of a bad spot with the knee.

That's not what happened here.

The agent for Branch tried to force the franchises involved to get a trade done by suggesting to his lip piece in the media that a deal with one or the other teams was imminent. We don't really know how close any of this stuff was to getting done and how much of this was spin.

Seahawks, Pats still in talks for Branch

By John Tomase

Boston Herald Sports Writer

Friday, September 1, 2006 - Updated: 06:43 PM EST

The Patriots-imposed deadline to trade Deion Branch came and went this afternoon at 4, but the team is still trying to jettison its disgruntled No. 1 wide receiver.

Sources confirm that Branch has received two six-year offers, from the Jets and Seahawks, in the $36 million to $39 million range, with $13 million worth of guaranteed money.

A source in Seattle said the Seahawks believe they’re very much in the mix and that the Patriots told them, “They’re going to continue to pursue this thing.”

The Patriots issued a 15-word press release this afternoon saying that no trade had been consummated and Branch remained under contract. That was followed by a surreal conference call with head coach Bill Belichick, who deflected repeated Branch inquiries by saying the press release spoke for itself. When the questions continued, Belichick literally went silent for 30-second stretches.

“I don’t have anything else to add,” he finally said.

Meanwhile, a report by NBC.com’s Tom Curran said that Branch has filed a grievance against the Patriots for violating a verbal agreement to trade Branch if they were offered “fair and reasonable” compensation in return.

Sources say the Pats have backed off requests for two first-round picks and would accept a first-round pick and a middle-round pick. Though the Seahawks didn’t offer higher than a second-round pick, a source they said they would be willing to trade their first-round pick, which would likely be low in the draft anyway.

That would be better than teams have made out for the other top-flight wideouts traded this offseason and preseason. Javon Walker, Ashley Lelie and Donte Stallworth were shipped out for no better than a second round pick.

Whatever happens, it’s now clear the Patriots misread the market and it may cost them their No. 1 wide receiver.

A rival executive this week noted that the Patriots appeared to be attempting to show Branch that he had “no stroke” on the market and should reconsider their offer. But the last 24 hours found two suitors willing to pony up cash for the former Super Bowl MVP.

Seahawks, Pats still in talks for Branch

By John Tomase

Boston Herald Sports Writer

Friday, September 1, 2006 - Updated: 06:43 PM EST

The Patriots-imposed deadline to trade Deion Branch came and went this afternoon at 4, but the team is still trying to jettison its disgruntled No. 1 wide receiver.

Sources confirm that Branch has received two six-year offers, from the Jets and Seahawks, in the $36 million to $39 million range, with $13 million worth of guaranteed money.

A source in Seattle said the Seahawks believe they’re very much in the mix and that the Patriots told them, “They’re going to continue to pursue this thing.”

The Patriots issued a 15-word press release this afternoon saying that no trade had been consummated and Branch remained under contract. That was followed by a surreal conference call with head coach Bill Belichick, who deflected repeated Branch inquiries by saying the press release spoke for itself. When the questions continued, Belichick literally went silent for 30-second stretches.

“I don’t have anything else to add,” he finally said.

Meanwhile, a report by NBC.com’s Tom Curran said that Branch has filed a grievance against the Patriots for violating a verbal agreement to trade Branch if they were offered “fair and reasonable” compensation in return.

Sources say the Pats have backed off requests for two first-round picks and would accept a first-round pick and a middle-round pick. Though the Seahawks didn’t offer higher than a second-round pick, a source they said they would be willing to trade their first-round pick, which would likely be low in the draft anyway.

That would be better than teams have made out for the other top-flight wideouts traded this offseason and preseason. Javon Walker, Ashley Lelie and Donte Stallworth were shipped out for no better than a second round pick.

Whatever happens, it’s now clear the Patriots misread the market and it may cost them their No. 1 wide receiver.

A rival executive this week noted that the Patriots appeared to be attempting to show Branch that he had “no stroke” on the market and should reconsider their offer. But the last 24 hours found two suitors willing to pony up cash for the former Super Bowl MVP.

As a Hasselbeck owner, I think this is more than fair compensation. :D

I still say this is a terrible way to treat your Superbowl MVP.

New England offered him less than he was worth, then let him seek a trade because they wanted to find out how much other teams would pay for him. Well... they found out. Other teams WILL pay him the money he wants.

Pay him, or trade him for fair value. The Pats are going to shoot themselves in the foot if they teach him a lesson. And the lesson isn't worth it... he's not T.O... this isn't a matter of principle. He's a guy who deserves a better contract as their #1 WR.

New England will suck without a WR. This has been a terrible move for the team on the field and off the field. I bet Brady is lobbying hard for him behind the scenes.

I think the Pats weren't expecting any interest out there for him but it blew up in their faces and made outragrous trade demands to keep him. I hope the greivence he filed with the labor union goes through and the Pats have to honor the deal.

Agreed. Branch is a more developed receiver than Stallworth or Lelie and isn't coming off a major knee injury like Walker. He's worth a low first rounder. And even if he is ready early in the season, I'd be having long term concerns about Jackson if I was the 'Hawks. With injuries at TE, they can't afford to be thin at WR if they want to make a run at the Super Bowl again.

Edited by BadgerBacker