[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson

RokoMotion

I took him as my # 3 WR in late round 5 in a 12 teamer. I think he will be okay. Moulds should help, the new O should help, and an improved OL should help. I wouldn't say blow up but 75-80 catches, 1200 yds, and 8 or so TD's is within reason.

Edited by giantsfan

Why will he have a better year? I can't think of any reasons other than Moulds helping to even out the coverage.

I can think of plenty of reasons why he won't "blow up" this year.

And they are? I feel that a very solid year is on the way. Like 80 rec. 1250 yds 9 tds.

And they are? I feel that a very solid year is on the way. Like 80 rec. 1250 yds 9 tds.

I honestly think, what you see is what you get. He's very talented, but he plays on a team that can't get him the ball effectively. He's already had his breakout year: 2004. Now teams have adjusted and covered him differently. I don't watch a lot of Texans games to know how that's happening, but he had a 4 ypc drop from 2004 and 2003. That seems like someone who has been catching things underneath, but not getting past a safety.

He's got a QB that is hampered by an ineffective o-line. The new head coach wants to install the Denver offense. He's going to get the ball between the 20s, but not in the red zone.

80 rec 1250 yds and 9 tds would be new career highs for him in all three categories. I think he'll hover near 1000 yards with 65-75 rec and 4-5 tds. That's what his career highs have been so far. I don't see any reason to move his numbers higher other than the signing of Eric Moulds.

I honestly think, what you see is what you get. He's very talented, but he plays on a team that can't get him the ball effectively. He's already had his breakout year: 2004. Now teams have adjusted and covered him differently. I don't watch a lot of Texans games to know how that's happening, but he had a 4 ypc drop from 2004 and 2003. That seems like someone who has been catching things underneath, but not getting past a safety.

He's got a QB that is hampered by an ineffective o-line. The new head coach wants to install the Denver offense. He's going to get the ball between the 20s, but not in the red zone.

80 rec 1250 yds and 9 tds would be new career highs for him in all three categories. I think he'll hover near 1000 yards with 65-75 rec and 4-5 tds. That's what his career highs have been so far. I don't see any reason to move his numbers higher other than the signing of Eric Moulds.

So added Moulds, added some receiving TE's in Putzier and Daniels, have a new coaching staff with a better idea of how an O should be run, and they have improved their OL as well. To me again not a boom year but a good solid top 15-20 WR year. 75-80 catches, 1200 yards, and 8 or so TD's.

Edited by giantsfan

I have him in two leagues as #2 WR when others bypassed him. I took the view that he can't be worse than last year and was likely the best option left on the board.

I picked him in one of my leagues for the same reason.

What is too high in your opinion? 5th or 6th round because that's the earliest I've seen him go.

Each leagues draft flows differently so that's hard to say but 5th round is too early to me.

I've seen him go ahead of Hines Ward which is ridiculous in my opinion.

And I find the theory that adding a better second receiver upping someone's numbers to be poor.

Washington added 2 WRs and everyone is predicting Santana Moss's numbers to go down. Same with Steve Smith and adding Keyshawn.

Were Marvin Harrison's #'s better when there was no 2nd threat or after Wayne emerged?

The answer is before Wayne emerged. The second threat makes a team better but doesn't increase the stud WRs numbers.

If anything, it takes away from them a little bit. It may help Moulds numbers but you still have to deal with the fact that they don't have an NFL level starting QB on their roster.

Each leagues draft flows differently so that's hard to say but 5th round is too early to me.

I've seen him go ahead of Hines Ward which is ridiculous in my opinion.

And I find the theory that adding a better second receiver upping someone's numbers to be poor.

Washington added 2 WRs and everyone is predicting Santana Moss's numbers to go down. Same with Steve Smith and adding Keyshawn.

Were Marvin Harrison's #'s better when there was no 2nd threat or after Wayne emerged?

The answer is before Wayne emerged. The second threat makes a team better but doesn't increase the stud WRs numbers.

If anything, it takes away from them a little bit. It may help Moulds numbers but you still have to deal with the fact that they don't have an NFL level starting QB on their roster.

1. In my league I got AJ late round 5. Ward went late round 3. Overall in a 12 team league late round 5 or round 6 is IMO no way too early for AJ. At that point you should have 2 RB's and 2 WR's on your team already or 2 RB's, a top QB, and a WR already. So that is right where he should go 5th or 6th IMO.

2. As for the adding Moulds theory it works like this. When your team has NO other and I mean NO other threat at all adding another threat in Moulds, and actually 2 if you count Putzier as a small threat, should open things up and loosen up the coverage on him. In Wash Moss had Cooley to catch some passes. And people think he overacheived last season that is why adding 2 more threats is thought to lower his #'s. But he is still a 3rd or 4th round pick Same on a lesser extent with Smith. EVERY pass went to him last season. With Key there that won't be the case anymore. Plus it would be VERY difficult for Smith to be as good as last season. His #'s were insane. But he is still a late 1st early 2nd rounder.

3. But overall I agree. If Carr doesn't perform at least somewhat decently this all doesn't matter. I am tired of all this OL stuff with Carr. He needs to step up and stop hiding behind that excuse. This season he has some passing weapons, a new HC, and a little improved OL. So time to step up for him. But is he doesn't I agree AJ still struggles.

With all that said AJ had NO shot the past 2 seasons. They had NO other receiver on the team that needed any attention. NO # 2 WR and NO TE at all. So adding some weapons HAS to loosen the coverage on him.