[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson

RokoMotion

1. In my league I got AJ late round 5. Ward went late round 3. Overall in a 12 team league late round 5 or round 6 is IMO no way too early for AJ. At that point you should have 2 RB's and 2 WR's on your team already or 2 RB's, a top QB, and a WR already. So that is right where he should go 5th or 6th IMO.

2. As for the adding Moulds theory it works like this. When your team has NO other and I mean NO other threat at all adding another threat in Moulds, and actually 2 if you count Putzier as a small threat, should open things up and loosen up the coverage on him. In Wash Moss had Cooley to catch some passes. And people think he overacheived last season that is why adding 2 more threats is thought to lower his #'s. But he is still a 3rd or 4th round pick Same on a lesser extent with Smith. EVERY pass went to him last season. With Key there that won't be the case anymore. Plus it would be VERY difficult for Smith to be as good as last season. His #'s were insane. But he is still a late 1st early 2nd rounder.

3. But overall I agree. If Carr doesn't perform at least somewhat decently this all doesn't matter. I am tired of all this OL stuff with Carr. He needs to step up and stop hiding behind that excuse. This season he has some passing weapons, a new HC, and a little improved OL. So time to step up for him. But is he doesn't I agree AJ still struggles.

With all that said AJ had NO shot the past 2 seasons. They had NO other receiver on the team that needed any attention. NO # 2 WR and NO TE at all. So adding some weapons HAS to loosen the coverage on him.

I'm not sure if the lack of weapons is the problem.Seems to me (I don't watch Houston much) that Carr is on his ass before the wr's get into their routes.

BOOOOOOM!!! 3rd yr wr, different offensive philosophy, moulds on the other side over.....who was it last yr? gafney??? bradford?? lol.

Are you saying this is his third year? Because this year will be his 4th. The "magical" break out year for WR's is suppose to be the 3rd year. He didn't do so well in his 3rd year. :D

I got him as my #2...I hope he does good.

He can't get worst than last year. I do feel he will rebound dramatically.

Moulds will help him alot. Last year I did watch the Texans alot and whoever on the defense wasn't blitzing to kill Carr was covering Andre. Now whoever isn't going to kill Carr will be covering Andre and Moulds.

Another thing I feel is Carr may do better because he knows this is one of his last chances to live up to his expectations. I think it will be a slow start but they will get rhythm and make some impact.

just my 2 cents

Edited by MrTed46

I thought AJ was injured at the beginning of last year, and never was 100%. Right there, regardless of anything else, being 100% now should help his numbers. Now add the following:

1. Eric Moulds

2. Jeb Putzier

3. Owen Daniels

4. Gary Kubiak - a HC that knows how to run an offense.

5. Gary Kubiak - a HC who knows how to coach a young QB.

5. An OC that knows how to run an offense.

6. Coaches who KNOW how zone-blocking works -- not guessing.

7. An improved OL. Yes, improved. The best? No. Improved? Yes! C Mike Flanagan, G Steve McKinney should help alone.

Now, remove the following:

1. Jabar Gaffney (cut by WR-starved PHI)

2. Corey Bradford

3. The switching of OCs after the 3rd week.

4. The switching of offensive schemes after the 3rd week.

5. A putrid defense.

With that said, the only thing I'm concerned with for AJohnson are 2 things:

1. DCarr has yet to prove that he's up to snuff. No more excuses in 2006.

2. The 2006 schedule is murder.

I'd still take AJ in the 4th or 5th rounds, no question.

Are you saying this is his third year? Because this year will be his 4th. The "magical" break out year for WR's is suppose to be the 3rd year. He didn't do so well in his 3rd year. :D

no, you are correct. it is his 4th yr. i think last yr was a ghost season for him. he should get his previous yrs numbers which were like 1100 yds and 6 t.d.'s. with a potential for a few more scores. i can live with those numbers for a number 2 wr.

I love Andre this year and think he will be a Star. And I honestly felt this way before I drafted him.

Did anyone mention that he was trying to play through injuries last season? As the teams #1 he was probably trying to battle through injuries that slowed him down. Reports are that he's back to 100% - with the other pros everyone else has mentioned I think he's due for a great year.

"The Houston Chronicle reports that Texans WR Andre Johnson, who was plagued by shoulder and calf injuries for most of 2005, is healthy and ready to have a solid season in Houston. Helping his cause is Eric Moulds, who will start opposite him at receiver, and an offensive line that should help protect QB David Carr and let him throw more. Johnson is just relieved to not be hurt. "So frustrating," Johnson said of his 2005 campaign. "I couldn't run. I couldn't cut. I couldn't do what I wanted to do on the field. I couldn't be me. ... I think back to what this team went through last year. Two wins. I felt helpless. It just can't happen again. It won't happen again. People talk about making progress. I'm talking about making the playoffs."

(Updated 08/08/2006)."