[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charlie Rogers waived

heydave76

What is stupid is the fact that nearly every highly touted player to come out of Michigan State is a bust or under-acheiver. That is a fact.

Definitely have put out two of the top 10 busts of all time IMO...Tony Mandarich and Charles Rogers.

However their WR's usually do well in the NFL:

Andre "burnin' down the house" Rison

Derrick Mason

Mushin Muhammad

Plaxico Burress

Whereas my Wolverines have highly touted WR's who usually fail in the NFL:

Anthony Carter (not a complete failure but he did not play up to his hype)

Desmond Howard (good kick returner)

David "Mandingo" Terrell

Marquise Walker

Tai Streets

Derrick Alexander (a couple of good years)

What is stupid is the fact that nearly every highly touted player to come out of Michigan State is a bust or under-acheiver. That is a fact.

That is just a stupid statement. Every school has it's busts. There is a lot more good than bad - like the poster above stated. The only "highly touted" busts I can think of is Percy Snow, Mandarich and now Rogers. But for everyone of those there is an Andre Rison, Derrick Mason, Julian Perterson, Mushin Muhammad, Lorenzo White, Flozell Adams, Ike Reese, TJ Duckett, Morten Anderson, Plaxico Burress, all pretty decent players. Should we discuss busts from Tennessee? maybe the great Heath Shuler?

To make a blanket statement like that is just plain ignorant. :D

If Tice were still the Vikings' head coach, Rogers would have already been signed up here in Minny! :D

The Vikes need help at WR (despite the amazing talent fo newly acquired Mr. Pinkston) :D but I can't see Childress taking a chance on yet another headcase Receiver... I think he's had his fill the last couple of years.

Wow two stupid posts in the same discussion. :D