[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wine with Lobster

Zooty

Any recomendations for a Red wine with lobster (type not brand). I know it should be a white but we just don't like whites.

Thanks

roses(drier)/beaujolais......

but the flavors you get from whites pair better with lobster.

Nice call on the champagne. I prefer a nicely acidic white as a counter point to a rich seafood like lobster or sea bass. I would stay away form Chards and go with a Sauvignon Blanc or a Bordeaux.

you can really drink a red with anything and vice versa, provided you pick something that will compliment what you are having. With reds in mind....

If you are grilling lobster, reds actually go fine with that smoked flavor, try something like a Pinot Noir.

If you have something in a mediteranean style you could easily go with a spanish rojas

and if you have a tomato sauce you could totaly go with a chianti classico, but I personally like Valpolicella.

• 2 weeks later...

you can really drink a red with anything and vice versa, provided you pick something that will compliment what you are having. With reds in mind....

If you are grilling lobster, reds actually go fine with that smoked flavor, try something like a Pinot Noir.

If you have something in a mediteranean style you could easily go with a spanish rojas

and if you have a tomato sauce you could totaly go with a chianti classico, but I personally like Valpolicella.

This is an excellent post. Certainly reds do not come to mind when you think of the classic boiled lobster with drawn butter and you'd be hard pressed to find one that worked. However, if your set on red, make the dish meet you half way and sauce is great way to do that. Red sauce + lobster = tasty, red sauce + warm weather reds + tasty.

Incorporate olives and roast peppers, for instance and you've got a ton of options including Grenache based wines from the south of France and Spain, southern Italian reds and even lighter wines from the Piedmont and Tuscany.

All that said, the best Lobster/wine pairing I've ever had was a 2001 Guigal single vineyard Condrieu (Viognier) La Dorriene. It was difficult to figure out where the wine stopped and lobster began.