[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you find about the the Huddle?

Ditka Doom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once wandering about aimlessly thorugh cyberspace at a point in time where fantasy football had no messageboard, just newsgroups.

From nothingness popped out a tiny world called the Huddle. It had a very slight gravitational pull, but it lured me in nonetheless.

From hence a few (I assume) upright walking humanoids appeared on the surface. Guys like Dorey, Skippy, Roland, Canuckleheads, Kid Cid, Untateve, and Big Country. Funny names to say the least, especially the ones with surnames since they had not begat any offspring yet. Just like the Lilith versus Eve debates, it's not entirely known which two of those (assumed) males bore off-spring and started populating the Huddle. But I digress...

A few billion years into existance, there was this gaseous faux comet that collided with the Huddle, nearly destroying all Huddlekind in existance. But it only took the weak and those unable to adapt. It was Darwinism at it's finest.

Those that remained grew into a stronger community, bound with the knowledge that life on the internet is fickle. Some sites are here today, but gone tomorrow.

Today, Huddlites copulate like crazy and bear offspring with reckless abandon. Ingenuity and innovation are lacking, most rely on the pwers that be to provide services. The new generations do not remember the Huddle lore like the elders do. It's only a matter of time before history repeats itself. Disaster is on it's way to Josh Gordon out the inept and unprepared.

The season is upon us!

In all honesty, I had to remember.

My friend used this site and directed me to it. This was probably 1999. Been using it ever since. Hit the message boards on lazy morning while I was at work, right after I dumped the love of my life. Been a hermit here ever since.

Did a search for Fantasy football websites. I think it was 98 or 99. Have been here ever since. I had an original membership # of like 350 or 550. But lost that ID when they went to pay site. This site is worth ever penny. What I liked most about this site is that you can make a suggestion for different stat research and they come up with get anaylsis of it. Best stats (tool) is the target breakdown stats of each game, especially when you need to evaluate WRs.

1999, was looking for info and this happened to be on that list of several sites. I dismissed many of the others for being unreliable or difficult to navigate. After a couple of years, I found this the best information and then went to the message boards.