[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you find about the the Huddle?

Ditka Doom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in a glory hole and saw some writing on the wall talking about a great fantasy football site.

EDIT - in reality I type in "Fantasy football advice websites" in google and when the results came up, I picked the huddle.

THANK G*D I DID

Edited by cliaz

Back in the day when it was just Cliff Carpentier's book and the USA Today, that's all we used from '93 to '98....August of '98 did a search on the net for fantasy football....have enjoyed the banter, the wisdom and the humor ever since....again, while I do not post a lot, I do read daily.....it has been neat to see the evolution of the huddle over the years.....this is truly the only source of FF info that I trust and go to regularly....

:D

A guy in our league lead me here. He didn't hang around here very long. A few years later, after I won the league twice and was in the $$$ 4 of 5 years, he said "You put too much faith in the Huddle!". :D

I was in the K-mart bathroom with a hooker, and when we were done I thought she said "thehuddle.com" so I went there.

Afterwards I realized she said, "The 100, come on." I didn't realize I was supposed to pay for that.

Edited by CD6405

I was with my Girl in King Kullen, so as she shopped i figured I'd just look through a fantasy book they had on the shelf while i walked around.. I saw an ad for RotoPass and decided to look it up when i got home.. I browsed what i could for free on the 8 web sites RotoPass offers.. Didnt really care for anything, but for some reason The Huddle stood out to me.. Now ive never really used web sites for fantasy (just figure the info is just some writers opinion & every 1 has different opinions / though i was browsing Rotoworld last year) but i decided to sign up for The Huddle... I feel that i have found a home here, i like just about everything that ive seen so far, though its only been a few weeks.. I will stay with The Huddle from here on out....

DMD was spamming an ESPN chat room that I used to hang out in. He may or may not admit to it but I am sure it was either him or WW. The site was really brand new that day and I just sort of picked this real generic name of Skippy since I was sure that I wouldn't be back. Well, that was an awful long time ago and had I known I was going to stick around I would have picked a better name.

Back in 98, was smuggling whiskey on freighter ships up from Bora Bora into Mississippi and other parts of the northeastern United States...one of the navigational crewmen was named Carl and he told me about this job he was taking as a server technician for a website once he got back to the mainland and could get a boat back to his country. I asked him what country he was from and what was the name of the website...he said "Texas and the Huddle"...I've been here ever since...

I was in the himalayas with my sherpa when we finally, after months of searching, stumbled upon the dali lama.

I asked him what the meaning of life, the universe and everything. He smiled and winked and said "42." The Dali Lama has a pretty good sense of humor.

He then became somber and said, "I cannot give you the answer to your question. But I can show you the path."

The path has led me here.

I will never forget what the Dali Lama said as I began my descent..."Never draft skip hicks."

DMD was spamming an ESPN chat room that I used to hang out in. He may or may not admit to it but I am sure it was either him or WW. The site was really brand new that day and I just sort of picked this real generic name of Skippy since I was sure that I wouldn't be back. Well, that was an awful long time ago and had I known I was going to stick around I would have picked a better name.

It was a long time ago and I was much younger. Maybe not that much smarter, but definitely younger. In 1998 and having a marketing budget of zero, sometimes things were done. Not that I have knowledge of anything in particular of course...

:D

League-mate a few years ago turned me on to the site when he saw me bring a mag to the draft. :D Used the projectd stats that year and have been hooked ever since. This is the only site I ever use for FF advice, ive tried the others but they pale in comparison. Good work DMD! :D The funny thing is I was using his username and pw (and still could be) but I gotta support the cause, so I did the right thing and ponied up the 20.