[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gabriel to NE...impact?

Kremlin Tide

Are the Pats the freakin' stupid not to get a trade done to get something for him? They'll let him walk at the end of the season when they could easily get a 2nd rounder now , maybe more.

Letting Galloway sit out until the last 6 games and then franchising him worked well for Seattle (2 first round picks from Dallas.) Of course I don't think anybody is going to give them 2 first rounders after the season if they haven't offered it up now. I also don't think that anybody sees branch as the type of talent everybody thought Galloway was back then.

:D

:D And now would you rather have Burelson, Porter, or Gabriel?

Burleson all the way. I know the Vikes wish they had him back - specially after Robinson shot himself in the foot. Darrel Jackson - can't remember a season when he wasn't hurt. Engram is just old. The tight ends are pretty much nicked up. Burleson very underrated right now.

Porter - will not hold a candle to Rrrrrandy Moss - he knows it - throwing a tantrum with the front office and Art Schell as a cover up. Why would ya want a guy that wants to take his ball and go home.

Gabriel - Don't think he has enough experience to bring immediate impact, but will bring more as the season goes on.

The real mystery is the current ranking of Tom Brady. There is no way this guy is the number two guy in the HU rankings. The verbiage on his ranking hasn't changed in a few weeks - can't believe this fantasy resource has him number two and NO comment on his receiver situation. Really unbelievable how many people will walk into a draft and believe he's #2 in the NFL and draft accordingly.

I drafted Porter, Gabriel and Curry as my last three WRs hoping that Curry ends up opposite Moss, the guys in my league thought I had gone Raider crazy, but I had a plan.

This is great news for Curry and now I just need Porter to keep up his bad attitude long enough for Curry to his shot. This would be gravy if Gabriel actually has an impact at NE, but I really don't think he will but may be worth some trade value to other owners. Maybe the Branch owner would bite.

Let me just say the Raiders suck

They will be lucky to win 6 games this year and as for Gabriel, if he was any good they wouldn't have gotten rid of him.

Porter and Gabriel made some big plays last year, but compared to the WR's in the NFL they are just average WR's, nothing special.

Speaking of nothing special, Aaron Brooks is the QB :D

Are the Pats the freakin' stupid not to get a trade done to get something for him? They'll let him walk at the end of the season when they could easily get a 2nd rounder now , maybe more.

Someone in NE is going to have to catch 65-85 balls and I don't think that the Pats thought that guy was on their current roster (with the exception of Branch). I think Gabriel will give them a nice option for Brady to throw too and I wouldn't be surprised if he catches 65 + balls for 900 + yards. NE offense is a machine. Is David Givens a good WR? The jury is still out on him but he was good in NE so Gabriel has big upside.

:D

Burleson all the way. I know the Vikes wish they had him back - specially after Robinson shot himself in the foot. Darrel Jackson - can't remember a season when he wasn't hurt. Engram is just old. The tight ends are pretty much nicked up. Burleson very underrated right now.

Porter - will not hold a candle to Rrrrrandy Moss - he knows it - throwing a tantrum with the front office and Art Schell as a cover up. Why would ya want a guy that wants to take his ball and go home.

Gabriel - Don't think he has enough experience to bring immediate impact, but will bring more as the season goes on.

The real mystery is the current ranking of Tom Brady. There is no way this guy is the number two guy in the HU rankings. The verbiage on his ranking hasn't changed in a few weeks - can't believe this fantasy resource has him number two and NO comment on his receiver situation. Really unbelievable how many people will walk into a draft and believe he's #2 in the NFL and draft accordingly.

I agree about Tom Brady. I have ranked him as the #4 QB and I have thought about ranking him #5, even putting Bulger ahead of him in all of my drafts. I don't think Gabriel moves him up, IMO.

Do you guys think that they made this move because they expect the union to rule in favor of Branch and he will be traded ?

I don't know how the Branch saga will play out, although I assume hell never suit up a Patriot again. But I do know that there is now way in hell Branch will win his argument. The Patriots own him, he's under contract, nobody can make the Pats trade him.

I don't know how the Branch saga will play out, although I assume hell never suit up a Patriot again. But I do know that there is now way in hell Branch will win his argument. The Patriots own him, he's under contract, nobody can make the Pats trade him.

I agree with this, plus BB can be stubborn. BUT Branch can sit out until the last 6 games and then become an UFA after the season and sign elsewhere. At this point I'd be surprised if he played game 1 or even game 5 with NE.

He'll only be a UFA if the Pats don't franchise tag him. That may appear spiteful, but if franchised then traded, it should net 2 1st round picks.

No way ANY team would go for signing Branch next year for two 1's. Franchised players can be traded for less than the "sign away" price of two first rounders. Peerless Price comes to mind. And, wouldn't he be a transitional RFA? In any case, even suggesting Branch could bring two first rounders is delusional. Ah, those Pats fans.... they make ya laugh!

No way ANY team would go for signing Branch next year for two 1's. Franchised players can be traded for less than the "sign away" price of two first rounders. Peerless Price comes to mind. And, wouldn't he be a transitional RFA? In any case, even suggesting Branch could bring two first rounders is delusional. Ah, those Pats fans.... they make ya laugh!

They would never get 2 first rounders for Branch, but the point is if they want to NE can screw Branch no doubt. It isn't out of the question that's for sure.

They would never get 2 first rounders for Branch, but the point is if they want to NE can screw Branch no doubt. It isn't out of the question that's for sure.

I dunno. I'd say Branch will be the one screwing NE.

Returns for the last 6 games to earn his FA satus.

NE Franchises him for 2007 thus guaranteeing him $7,000,000.00 million dollars.

2008 he leaves as an unrestricted FA. No way NE Franchises him two years in a row with the new rules on that in the CBA.

I don't see how Branch loses here.

However, I certainly see how NE gets shafted.

I dunno. I'd say Branch will be the one screwing NE.

Returns for the last 6 games to earn his FA satus.

NE Franchises him for 2007 thus guaranteeing him $7,000,000.00 million dollars.

2008 he leaves as an unrestricted FA. No way NE Franchises him two years in a row with the new rules on that in the CBA.

I don't see how Branch loses here.

However, I certainly see how NE gets shafted.

Yeah, so why not trade him now? talk about cutting off yer nose to spite your face....