[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LMAO - Pac 10 sucks

Sgt. Ryan

effin garbage. You gotta pull for your conference, with the exception maybe of your rival, especially out west. pac 10- gets no national respek, and having your conference get recognized as geing tough is hugh. I mean, as a UA guy I want USC, OU, CAL, UCLA all to do well- I can't really root for ASU- but I am always watching how the Pac 10 does , and how we stack up against the rest of the country.

as as USC guy, you should want them to win a good conference, and not be someone like FSU- winning the ACC every year.

No, I don't 'gotta' do anything. Yes, I want the Pac10 to do well overall when playing other conferences, but I don't really care which team it is. Like when your 'cats get blown out - if its balanced out by another P10 team getting a win, its fine.

And when P10 teams play each other, I don't care who wins except when it impacts USC later in the year. That is, at the end of the year if the #2 P10 team winning vs. another team will push USC higher in the polls, then yes I'll root for them - even if its the hated UCLA or ND. But if USC simply winning again negates the potential impact of anything UCLA could do for us, then I like to root against them...

And I do understand about how strength of conference affects voting - duh. But its all about USC...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I guess there was last year... oh wait Cougs won that one. But there was the '04 Apple Cup before that... oops Wazzu won that one too. And the Rose Bowl UW wasn't in in '02.

UW has more W's in the series, but win the apple cup this year or even have more wins in the season then we can talk about who is bowing to whom.

Get real. The Huskies have owned :D the Cougars! How many National Championships has WSU won? How many PAC-10 Titles? How many Rose Bowls? Your Season has ALWAYS been the LAST game of the year. Our last game has ALWAYS been just another game.

I admit since James left and Neuheisel tore down the program WSU has had a few wins against us but look at the last 30 years ....... we have OWNED the Cougars :D

Edited by theprofessor

Get real. The Huskies have owned :lol: the Cougars! How many National Championships has WSU won? How many PAC-10 Titles? How many Rose Bowls? Your Season has ALWAYS been the LAST game of the year. Our last game has ALWAYS been just another game.

I admit since James left and Neuheisel tore down the program WSU has had a few wins against us but look at the last 30 years ....... we have OWNED the Cougars :D

23-9 since 1973 ......Enough said :D

Sooners stink.

Had to do it, it has been at least 5 posts since someone made Sarge mad. I get a strange kick out of his "Norman is the center of the football universe" rants. Anything funny to say to a PSU fan?

Yep......bring your *** and your nippy lions to norman and we can all watch together as they get the hell beat out of em.........

And the football CENTER is in TX. which is where most of OU's players are from!!! If you dont believe it then just ask a mojo magic (odessa permian) fan where the football center is???

Hollywood ever make a movie about PA high school FB???? i thought not.....

Get a life

Yep......bring your *** and your nippy lions to norman and we can all watch together as they get the hell beat out of em.........

And the football CENTER is in TX. which is where most of OU's players are from!!! If you dont believe it then just ask a mojo magic (odessa permian) fan where the football center is???

Hollywood ever make a movie about PA high school FB???? i thought not.....

Get a life

Ah, you and Sarge are too easy to get all in a bunch. We could debate all day on where the hotbed of high school football is. Every region has it's great teams; Texas, Florida, Virginia, Ohio, Cali and PA are all producers of top talent. If other states were as big as small countries they might have as many as Texas too.

You want a movie about high school football in western PA? There's no whipped cream bikini in this one, but there is some creative usage of the band instruments :D

Link

yep big 12 has not been impressive this year AT ALL. i loved the OU loss, as you can tell im a husker fan. i think the best team in the big 12 is texas, and they're good, not great. i think OU and NEB will have a chance to compete with UT. neb mostly because its in lincoln, IMO. but OU will probably get oh poopy stomped because thompson is horrendous, IMO. props to the big 10+1 and the pac10 this weekend. yall both pretty much kicked the crap out of us (big12). i enjoyed the usc game though. trojans fans ive talked to and testimonies ive heard said they were really great fans and it was a great atmosphere. look forward to having usc in lincoln next year!

but i think i agree with most people here when i say, sarge sucks.

Nebraska sucks. They embarassed the conference.

To me, losing by 18 to USC at home isn't hardly as embarassing to a conferences integrity as the amount of NCAA violations OU has had the last few years. Oh if only I was at home, I'd get a true kick out of farking the Sooners right now.

btw, Sarge sucks. :D:D:lol:

Edited by Akfatha

SEC plays each other. That is enough IMO.

+1. SEC has more of the country's top defenses than any other conf. They really fly to the ball.

And for those that keep wondering how USC does so well nationally with the 'weak' Pac10 play, here's an idea - these top athletes practice against each other all week! I don't agree with those that see the P10 as weak all around; but even if they were, USC could still stay strong due to the way Carroll prepares them each week...

Pac-10 ..... #1 College Football Conference according to the Sagarin Rankings :D

The GWPFFL BrianW ratings have them ranked lower. Oregon shoulda lost to the MEDIOCRE, as you call them, Oklahoma team. Cal, the "new class" of the Pac 10, got absolutely manhandled by probably the 5th best SEC team. USC looks impressive thus far, and I don't think Nebraska is bad. Callahan wasn't exactly dipping deep into his playbook, and SC didn't even cover the spread at home. Not saying Nebraska shoulda won or anything, but more that I'm giving USC credit for beating a good Husker team. Sagarin ratings are all based on strength of schedule, which under its current format is a joke itself. Oregon is getting the same credit for beating 2-1 Oklahoma as Ohio State is getting for beating 2-1 Texas. It also takes into account things like margin of victory. Well Wazzu blowing out Idaho doesn't impress me in the least bit, nor does Cal beating the 8th best Big Ten team at home either. Once the season starts to play out, and you see USC start blowing out these "great" teams, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not gonna say the Pac 10 sucks, because I don't think you can judge conference strength until after the season, but I don't give a crap a computer poll that only takes into account raw numbers, and not common sense, says about conference strength. I'm a Big Ten fan, and even I can see that the Southeastern Conference looks like it has the deepest crop of great teams.

The GWPFFL BrianW ratings have them ranked lower. Oregon shoulda lost to the MEDIOCRE, as you call them, Oklahoma team. Cal, the "new class" of the Pac 10, got absolutely manhandled by probably the 5th best SEC team. USC looks impressive thus far, and I don't think Nebraska is bad. Callahan wasn't exactly dipping deep into his playbook, and SC didn't even cover the spread at home. Not saying Nebraska shoulda won or anything, but more that I'm giving USC credit for beating a good Husker team. Sagarin ratings are all based on strength of schedule, which under its current format is a joke itself. Oregon is getting the same credit for beating 2-1 Oklahoma as Ohio State is getting for beating 2-1 Texas. It also takes into account things like margin of victory. Well Wazzu blowing out Idaho doesn't impress me in the least bit, nor does Cal beating the 8th best Big Ten team at home either. Once the season starts to play out, and you see USC start blowing out these "great" teams, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not gonna say the Pac 10 sucks, because I don't think you can judge conference strength until after the season, but I don't give a crap a computer poll that only takes into account raw numbers, and not common sense, says about conference strength. I'm a Big Ten fan, and even I can see that the Southeastern Conference looks like it has the deepest crop of great teams.

I agree with most of what you said except that Cal is the "new class" of the Pac-10, they aren't. But, remember the loss at Tennessee was early in the season. They will be better by mid season and finish around the top 10-12 in the country. Oklahoma IS mediocre and, make all the excuses that you want, they still LOST to Oregon. Sc is the class of the Pac-10 again and despite losing 85% of their starters from last year they still are one of the top 4 programs in the country. Rebuild? I think not.

I do agree that the SEC is probably the deepest and strongest conference in the country with the Pac-10 and the Big-10 closely behind.

Edited by theprofessor

my point is... if Oregon barely beat a mediocre team (and by all accounts should have lost lets be honest here) then what does that make Oregon? We'll see about Cal. They look like absolute junk to me. Lynch has first round bust written all over him just like his predacessor JJ Arrington did.

I agree.

I fully understand OU haters loving this Oregon "win." But if anyone thinks this so called victory strengthens the PAC-10, you are going to be very disappointed. USC looks great...we all know that. Oregon got beat at home...we all know that too. If OU is mediocre...then Oregon is flat out pitiful. Big game loss @ home = no big bowl game. Oregon will fall in the ranks now that the word has gotten out. It may take a loss before it happens...but they will be punished eventually. Everyone knows that's no top 15 team.

Edited by Dr. Douche