[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU vs. Texas

sacosud

I'll say this OSU LB's and DB's better grow up real fast this week before heading to Austin. I watched both teams and I'm happy with OSU's performance, but Cody Mccoy impressed me today Texas defense looks tough. OSU had the tougher team today, however you can see how good Texas is going to be. I think we are looking at another title fight next Saturday. Texas and OSU looks kinda like a swap of last years game. Texas with the better stellar defense and OSU with the scrambling passing qb that's going for a heisman. Texas needs to stop OSU big play potential and OSU having to stop Texas running game and pressure the young QB...It's going to be battle could go either way I bet the winner wins by less than 7.

This time yesterday, I was at the OSU vs. NIU game. Two things stuck out more than anything else. While I thought OSU's "D" looked okay for an opening day performance, any kind of a screen pass, sweep, or pitch out, left them vulnerable and unprepared. Secondly, I don't remember Troy Smith running with the ball once. Maybe they were keeping things "vanilla" in anticipation of the Texas game. Who knows? But they had better get it into gear this week, or it's gonna' be an old fashioned butt-kickin' in Texas. :D JMO.

This time yesterday, I was at the OSU vs. NIU game. Two things stuck out more than anything else. While I thought OSU's "D" looked okay for an opening day performance, any kind of a screen pass, sweep, or pitch out, left them vulnerable and unprepared. Secondly, I don't remember Troy Smith running with the ball once. Maybe they were keeping things "vanilla" in anticipation of the Texas game. Who knows? But they had better get it into gear this week, or it's gonna' be an old fashioned butt-kickin' in Texas. :D JMO.

I think the Db's and safeties did not reconsise and fill very well. The d-line looked sharp, but they better come up and fill alot better than that next week. I do think OSU offense is incredible and if Tress can get out of the get a lead mode and sit, then this team has incredible potential. OSU lost a forsure td by bring in Zwick who promptly fumbeled on the 2 with his first snap of the season. The LB's looked okay and for kids cutting their teeth for the first time it was not a bad showing AGAIN they need to play alot better if they are going to beat Texas on their home field. Mcoy was impressive, but the OSU defense and pressure will be a whole diffrent animal than North Texas was. Mcoy shows poise and handles the rush early and it could be a long night. I love OSU and with that said I do not feel that we showed enough to be #1. I see at this point having Texas #1 followed by OSU or Auburn. I was not impressed by ND even if the defense did look better GT made some big mistakes like running to the middle of the field on 3rd and 5 from like the 12. I say you have Calvin throw the fade where only he could get it and at least give a shot to be 14-0 instead of 10-0. That was Tress ball. They say you improve the most between week 1 and 2 I sure hope so. ...GO BUCKS.

If Texas can run the ball like NIU did, then Texas will win. That is the whole key to the game. I have no doubt Ohio State's offense can put points up on the board, it will be whether or not the Longhorns can run the football. If they can, combined with what should be a crazy Austin crowd, Texas will pull it out in a tight game. If Texas can't run the ball and control the clock, it could be blowout city for the O$U Buckeye$

I really didn't think Texas had a chance to win this one before this weekend. This weekend, I witnessed two things that have changed my opinion on that. The first was that OSU can be ran on. Texas has a much better running game than NIU. The second is Colt McCoy looked pretty poised in his first start. I really didn't give Texas much of a chance before watching last weeks game. I figured Texas would lose to OSU, and possibly one more this season. Now I think Texas has a legitimate chance to beat OSU, and if they do, I don't see any reason that they can not repeat. I'm not saying Texas will win the game, but it will be a very close game, and the winner of this one has to be the favorite for the NC.

I really didn't think Texas had a chance to win this one before this weekend. This weekend, I witnessed two things that have changed my opinion on that. The first was that OSU can be ran on. Texas has a much better running game than NIU. The second is Colt McCoy looked pretty poised in his first start. I really didn't give Texas much of a chance before watching last weeks game. I figured Texas would lose to OSU, and possibly one more this season. Now I think Texas has a legitimate chance to beat OSU, and if they do, I don't see any reason that they can not repeat. I'm not saying Texas will win the game, but it will be a very close game, and the winner of this one has to be the favorite for the NC.

It will be a game forsure. I just watched Herbie say that Texas is talented, however he said the Texas pratice squad could have given the Horns a better game and that we have learned nothing about Texas yet. I still think you can see the speed of the Horn defense. Herbie thinks Miami is a team on the rise and everyone will be jumping on the bandwagon. Edgerin James cousin will be running the rock for Miami alot tonight according to Herbie.

I would not quite say Charles and Young is much better than NIU's running back, NOW before all the Texas fans start throwing things at me. Garret Wolf has put up huge numbers against a few big schools Michigan,OSU and somebody else. Wolf could have gone to Flordia forsure and some other big school, but did not want to be away from home. Wolf can flat play ball and OSU knew this from the begining of 2 a days. NIU will win the mac this season and the mac seems to play well out of confrence. I was suprised Akron played Penn State so well. I'm not trying to justify OSU giving up some 300 yards total offense against the kid, but I do think he could hang with with either OSU or Texas running game the kid is a faster and stronger Maurice Drew-Jones just plays at smaller college and does not have the ankle break moves Drew does.

I live in Columbus and am a big OSU fan. I was at the game on Saturday and was at the Texas game last year. I have to disagree with the statement from Perch, "Texas has a much better running game than NIU". Don't get me wrong, Texas is a great team with great running backs and OSU better figure out a way to stop them. Texas does not have the caliber of a running back like Garrett Wolfe. This kid is the real deal and is a legitimate Heisman trophy canidate. He is a pre-season 1st team All-American and on the watch list for the Maxwell award. He missed 3 games last year and still rushed for over 1,400 yards with an average of 6.5 yards per carry. He put up 150 yards against Michigan and 250 against Northwestern. Anyway, good luck to Texas, should be a great game.

OSU blows TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... out 35-13

I have it 33-17 Bucks , so i guess we agree :D

People forget this kid from NIL has rushed for over 600 yards in his last 3 games againt the big ten, Michigan included, the guy is talented as any RB in the county. The Bucks were taken by surprise in the least, i don't expect the same surprise this Saturday.

Everyone keeps talking about how poised and great McCoy looked. I didn't see it. I saw a guy who didn't move around in the pocket at all. He never checked down and was staring his recievers down. He made several throws that were not good throws at all and if not for his receivers great hands, they woulda been incompletions. All this against a glorified high school team. I was not impressed. That being said, the Buckeyes better learn to control their pursuit, and fast. They couldn't stop a single screen pass until the 4th quarter. But the line looked good. The LB's looked very good, Grant is everything he was hyped to be. I can't wait for Saturday!

tOSU 35 Texas 21

tOSU 35 Texas 21

I have it about the same. McCoy will fold like a card table. Really, what freshman can you remember playing in a game of this magnitude that isn't even supposted to be all that good to begin with.........perform well?

OSU has, imo, the nations most potent offtence. Ginn opens up so much area, that Gonzo is wide open on every play. Pittman and Wells will pound it in the middle of this defense all day and Smith seems to be throwing with so much more accurancy and confidence then i'd ever imagined, i think he can move the chains with the arsonel at his diposal............at will.

I think it may be close for a stretch , but really feel the Bucks rolling big. If Texas can't get an early score , then it gets out of their hands by half-time.

I honestly believe that Texas won't have problems running the football, and the defense should hold OSU under 30, but the problem comes with Colt. If we lose this game, I think it will be due to Colt losing it for us, a big turnover in the 4th, redzone, or something like that. Other than that happening we should be able to be in control of the clock (i'm not saying the score, I know that it will be close all the way). But given the home field and the way Colt looked for the majority of his passes, i'd say we stand more of a chance than I first thought before last week.

I honestly believe that Texas won't have problems running the football, and the defense should hold OSU under 30, but the problem comes with Colt. If we lose this game, I think it will be due to Colt losing it for us, a big turnover in the 4th, redzone, or something like that. Other than that happening we should be able to be in control of the clock (i'm not saying the score, I know that it will be close all the way). But given the home field and the way Colt looked for the majority of his passes, i'd say we stand more of a chance than I first thought before last week.

I tend to think Texas will shut down OSU running game the concern for Texas will be stopping the big play offense. OSU can look ho-humb for a few plays and then BAM a huge bomb or TS makes a huge run play.

OSU deffense will be alot diffrent than North Texas, however Texas o-line is very stout and should be able to keep Colt standng for the most part. OSU has a couple big plays and that opens up the run a little more. Brown has a decision to make regarding his starting db that could effect the game a little either way. OSU must stop the run and make Colt beat us through the air. OSU has young LB's and DB"s but they are not chumps just young. I look for OSU to stack the line and blitz like crazy early. Any other Buckeye fans see a resemblence between Colt and Joe Germaine??? I thought he looked and played alot like a young Germaine. I also like how Troy Smith did not run at all pretty much last week and you can bet OSU went vanillia on offense so not to leave alot on film for the Horns. Tress is like Woody in that way why show your cards. I can see alot more designed TS runs and draw plays and maybe some of the Shott Ginn formation happening. I also agree it will be a close game.

This new avatar is just to dam funny!!!!!!!!

It says: They thought you'd never notice

tooo funny!!!!!!

Is it (unintentionally) telling opposing teams the TX players are pussies? Or is it supposed to (intentionally) inspire the 'Horns to play well so they can get the kitty cat afterward? Two possible meanings there...

Edit: Ha, kitty cat is not what I typed.

Edited by Coffeeman

OH-IO very happy with how OSU played still way to many rushing yards but a great job of coaching and execution of a game plan. I'm a little tipsy to say the least but wanted to come on for a couple comments on the game. Gonzo was brillannt and that Young defense held it's own very nicely. It's time to focus on the Bearcats now. GO BUCKS.

Is it (unintentionally) telling opposing teams the TX players are pussies? Or is it supposed to (intentionally) inspire the 'Horns to play well so they can get the kitty cat afterward? Two possible meanings there...

Edit: Ha, kitty cat is not what I typed.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that its comparing the horns to a "kitty cat".......so take it for what you want.......

you know what they say: UT, where the women are women and the men are TOO!!!!!!