[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Draft is going on right now!

spain

I got Issac Bruce. So, my wr corps is Lee Evans, Kennison, and Issac Bruce. That is brutal. Starters so far:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Jamal Lewis

Duece Mcalliseter or Wali Lundy

Lee Evans

Kennison or Bruce

LJ Smith

How does this look for a 16 team league so far?

Not as good as:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Jamal Lewis

Randy Moss/Anquan Boldin

Lee Evans

Duece McAllister/Eddis Kennison

LJ Smith

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Issac Bruce. So, my wr corps is Lee Evans, Kennison, and Issac Bruce. That is brutal. Starters so far:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Jamal Lewis

Duece Mcalliseter or Wali Lundy

Lee Evans

Kennison or Bruce

LJ Smith

How does this look for a 16 team league so far?

All things considered- pretty strong for a 16 teamer- only a few picks I disagree with really.

Lundy- I would have taken Boldin persoanlly, but Lundy does have big upside - shall see

Evans?? I liked every other WR you listed better- RSmith, AJ, Horn all are better than Evans IMO

Jennings was already gone. I got the Dallas defense and John Kasay as my kicker. I was close to last in picking both of those positions so I am happy to get them. I need backup TE and backup def and kicker.

All things considered- pretty strong for a 16 teamer- only a few picks I disagree with really.

Lundy- I would have taken Boldin persoanlly, but Lundy does have big upside - shall see

Evans?? I liked every other WR you listed better- RSmith, AJ, Horn all are better than Evans IMO

I don't know. Smith and Horn are beginning to decline. Evans gets a lot of deep looks from Losman and I like his upside as long as Losman is the QB. Maybe AJ should get more consideration.

I tend to avoid QB-WR tandems because when the team has a bad offensive game, you take a hit at two positions. So, even though Green, Kennison, Losman, and Evans may be good picks, they are combos I avoid. But the hookup theory...

I think Winslow and Scheffler are the deep TE picks with the most chance to have surprisingly strong season.

Gostkowski has had a good preseason, going 9-9 on FG attempts. None more than 37 yards, but leg strength is not supposed to be a question with him.

Who's left on defense?

I got Jerramy Stevens in round 17 as my backup TE. I know he is hurt but should be back before my TE, LJ Smith's bye week in week 9.

The problem I have with the six week estimate is that it's the same knee that was operated on in April and meniscus injuries have a greater chance of incomplete recovery than ligament damage.

I will post full results of my draft later. You guys were definitely right. I should have grabbed Anquan Boldin instead of Lundy! :D Unfortunately, I didnt do any mock drafts this year and that came back to bite me. Overall, I like my team. I will be making some trades though in order to secure a better wr corps.

I will post full results of my draft later. You guys were definitely right. I should have grabbed Anquan Boldin instead of Lundy! :D Unfortunately, I didnt do any mock drafts this year and that came back to bite me. Overall, I like my team. I will be making some trades though in order to secure a better wr corps.

Yeah Boldin is such a beast. Do you have a link to the whole draft?

Yeah Boldin is such a beast. Do you have a link to the whole draft?

I will post it once my commish inputs the players later today.

My thought process on selecting Ronnie Brown at 1.5. Thanks for everyone that gave me input on this pick. I was picking 5th in a 16 team league so I needed this pick to be a big winner. I couldnt decide between Brown and Rudi. Rudi was the safer pick, while Brown had a bigger upside. Picking 5th is the absolute worst spot to choose from this year, so rather than playing it safe, I decided I needed to take a chance and swing for the fences. While Rudi is a sure double, Brown gives me a chance to knock one out. And at 5th pick, I have to get lucky to win this league. Time will tell if this was the right decision...

Edge

Tiki

SJax

Portis(he took a chance)

Ronnie was 8th.

I was thrilled about the 5th spot when I thought I would get Portis. Then he injures the shoulder. Then they run out and get TJ Duckett. And now the shoulder looks worse than originally thought and the Redskins O-Line has looked horrible in pre-season. So, at 1.5 I just didnt feel like I wanted to risk going with Portis. I do like him this year. I never considered Edge as Arizona is where running backs go to kill their careers. SJax was in the running for me at 1.5 but just liked Brown and Rudi better. Tiki went at 1.4 in my draft or I would have taken him.

Ive sent out a few trade offers already. Ive offered Wali Lundy for Tory Holt. I offered Lundy for Chad Johnson. I offered Lundy for Larry Fitzgerald. All 3 different owners desperately need another rb. I then offered my 3rd starting QB, Kerry Collins, to a guy who only has 1 starting QB, for Terry Glenn. I need somebody to bite on these so I can upgrade my wr corps.

Ive sent out a few trade offers already. Ive offered Wali Lundy for Tory Holt. I offered Lundy for Chad Johnson. I offered Lundy for Larry Fitzgerald. All 3 different owners desperately need another rb. I then offered my 3rd starting QB, Kerry Collins, to a guy who only has 1 starting QB, for Terry Glenn. I need somebody to bite on these so I can upgrade my wr corps.

Good luck with that. I mean it. If someone bites you'll be very fortunate.

Did I miss something? Is Kerry Collins def the starter?

Yes, Jake, pretty much. Tennessee is desperately shopping Volek. It looks like San Diego and the Colts are the most likely places he ends up. The Titans are preparing as if Kerry Collins will be the starter against the Jets on Sunday. I just dont know if Collins can be up an running by then. But there is no doubt that Voleks days in Nashville are numbered.

The owner who has Tory Holt just offered me Tory Holt for Jamal Lewis. I am not as enamored with that deal as I would be if I could deal Lundy. If I dont make the trade my lineup is:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Jamal Lewis

Duece Mcallister

LJ Smith

Lee Evans

Eddie Kennison/issac bruce/engram

(Lundy is on my bench for depth)

If I do make the trade my starting lineup would be:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Duece Mcallister

Wali Lundy

LJ Smith

Tory Holt

Lee Evans

And no rb depth at all. if any of my rb's go down, I am screwed and will have to start a wr in the flex. The only other rb on my roster is Ryan Moats. Again this is a 16 team league and rb's are hard to come by. Dont know if I want to do this deal or not....