[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Draft is going on right now!

spain

I thought this draft started to go south in the second round, when you took Jamal Lewis over what must have been a number of premier receivers...which you then compounded with Lundy over Boldin. I don't like Lewis at all this year, and while I do like Lundy, I'd never pass on Boldin to take him. I think going ordinary RB over stud WR twice early on was a mistake, even more so when McAllister fell to you in the fourth, which of course you didn't know at the time.

All of which leads me to say that I think you should take the Holt for Lewis offer, unless you can move Lundy for either of Chad Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. I can't believe you could find someone foolish enough to make either of those Lundy deals, but then again I haven't been exposed to that many Southerners... :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Jake, pretty much. Tennessee is desperately shopping Volek. It looks like San Diego and the Colts are the most likely places he ends up. The Titans are preparing as if Kerry Collins will be the starter against the Jets on Sunday. I just dont know if Collins can be up an running by then. But there is no doubt that Voleks days in Nashville are numbered.

Did I miss something? I thought Volek had already been moved, to San Diego. There was a thread on this last week where you ended up promising to send me $20 next week. :D

Did I miss something? I thought Volek had already been moved, to San Diego. There was a thread on this last week where you ended up promising to send me $20 next week. :D

No, movement on the Volek front as of yet. But we could start Jeff George at QB Sunday and you would still owe me $20... :D

The owner who has Tory Holt just offered me Tory Holt for Jamal Lewis. I am not as enamored with that deal as I would be if I could deal Lundy. If I dont make the trade my lineup is:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Jamal Lewis

Duece Mcallister

LJ Smith

Lee Evans

Eddie Kennison/issac bruce/engram

(Lundy is on my bench for depth)

If I do make the trade my starting lineup would be:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Duece Mcallister

Wali Lundy

LJ Smith

Tory Holt

Lee Evans

And no rb depth at all. if any of my rb's go down, I am screwed and will have to start a wr in the flex. The only other rb on my roster is Ryan Moats. Again this is a 16 team league and rb's are hard to come by. Dont know if I want to do this deal or not....

Based on this logic, you'd not have offered Lundy for any of the receivers you mentioned and, IMO, he counters with a worse offer. I would jump all over Lewis for Holt in a heart beat and if you can grab Mike Anderson, grab him. lewis will get hurt anyway and he'll be toting the rock. Just my :D

Based on this logic, you'd not have offered Lundy for any of the receivers you mentioned and, IMO, he counters with a worse offer. I would jump all over Lewis for Holt in a heart beat and if you can grab Mike Anderson, grab him. lewis will get hurt anyway and he'll be toting the rock. Just my :D

I heard that Anderson has looked very bad and that Musa Smith will be Jamal's backup...

I heard that Anderson has looked very bad and that Musa Smith will be Jamal's backup...

I think Anderson has been moved to FB position. He will steal carries there but I think Musa is the primary backup right now for Lewis.

Double check with a Balt homer but I think that is accurate.

I've heard the same thing re SMith/Anderson.

Trade Lewis for Holt, then drop one of your late picks, get Musa Smith off waivers, and stach him away for the second half of the season.

Dude, this is a 16 team league. Musa Smith isnt on the waiver wire.

I'd trade for Holt and then try to flip him as well (maybe package him with Lundy for a solid WR and RB combo). Holt > Lewis . . . you stand to improve your team here overall if you can find the right deal to move Holt.

The owner who has Tory Holt just offered me Tory Holt for Jamal Lewis. I am not as enamored with that deal as I would be if I could deal Lundy. If I dont make the trade my lineup is:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Jamal Lewis

Duece Mcallister

LJ Smith

Lee Evans

Eddie Kennison/issac bruce/engram

(Lundy is on my bench for depth)

If I do make the trade my starting lineup would be:

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

Duece Mcallister

Wali Lundy

LJ Smith

Tory Holt

Lee Evans

And no rb depth at all. if any of my rb's go down, I am screwed and will have to start a wr in the flex. The only other rb on my roster is Ryan Moats. Again this is a 16 team league and rb's are hard to come by. Dont know if I want to do this deal or not....

Its a 16 team league. Nobody has RB depth. You pretty much resign yourself to zero depth when in such a league. I'm sure some teams don't even have a starting RB2. You have 4, which is more than enough. Anyway, you already agree that you should have taken Boldin instead of Lundy, so in that scenario you would have had one less RB anyway. Holt for Lewis is a winner for you. I just don't see anyone trading a Tier 1 WR for Lundy. I'd try shopping Lundy while his stock is high for any Tier 2 WR and perhaps keep Lewis. I'd be happy with a Roy Williams or Derrick Mason as my WR1 to pair up with Evans.

Not big on Green this year, but I do like the LJ Smith pick. Good luck.

Id rather have Lundy than Jamal at this point, and you probably should have went WR in round 2 and 3 anyway, as that is where the value was.

Jump on the Holt for Jamal deal if he doesnt accept your counter.

I might even consider Jamal and one of your weakest Wrs for Benson and Holt.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Id rather have Lundy than Jamal at this point, and you probably should have went WR in round 2 and 3 anyway, as that is where the value was.

Jump on the Holt for Jamal deal if he doesnt accept your counter.

I might even consider Jamal and one of your weakest Wrs for Benson and Holt.

+1

Wait where am I? Is this the advice forum? :D