[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets pick up NO TE Hilton

CD6405

Jets pick up TE Hilton from New Orleans

September 3, 2006

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) -- The New York Jets claimed tight end Zachary Hilton and defensive lineman Rashad Moore of waivers on Sunday.

The 6-foot-8, 268 pound Hilton, who caught 35 passes for New Orleans last season, was cut by the Saints. The 325-pound Moore was released by Oakland.

To make room for them, the Jets waived wide receiver Wallace Wright and defensive tackle Titus Adams.

What are you smokin Rovie ? Bakers has the hands, cant block worth a sh*t, Hilton will be the blocking TE if he is not released by week 3......

Baker isn't a good blocking TE, ... adequate at best... but he IS the Jets blocking TE. The rap on Hilton is he can't block eiher, but he is a better reciving TE than Baker is. gawd, I hope Hilton can block better than Jolley tho.....

So let me see if I've got this right.

The Jets kick a TE who is familar with their offense and has good hands to the side, because he's not a good blocker.

Couple of days later they pick up a TE who has good hands but is not a good blocker. Of course this TE is not familar with their offense.

Makes sense to me :D

So let me see if I've got this right.

The Jets kick a TE who is familar with their offense and has good hands to the side, because he's not a good blocker.

Couple of days later they pick up a TE who has good hands but is not a good blocker. Of course this TE is not familar with their offense.

Makes sense to me :D

If you saw how many times Jolley screwed up in the Giants preseason game, it would make sense. He kept lining up in the wrong spot, one time Pennington had to call a TO because Jolley was wandering around.... didn't know where to line up. He sealed his fate in that game....