[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayne signed by Texans

Big Score 1

Don't see anything happening with Dayne, if he can't make a roster over C.Cobbs , don't see him moving past Lundi or Morency. Signing is more reflective of the loss of DD and building some experienced depth.

Thats what I think too, but with Shanny Jr. aka Kubiak who really knows for sure :D

Thats what I think too, but with Shanny Jr. aka Kubiak who really knows for sure :D

Agreed. Though Kubiak hasn't shown he's anywhere near deceptive as Shanny so we'll see on that note. Dayne is a great signing for them, if Lundi or Morency struggle it gives them a back that is familar with the system that can step right in and understand what's going on. There are better backs to be had, but this fits them better, imo. I don't think Kubiak has any dreams of Dayne being the horse there.

Between Dayne, Lundy & Morency, who has the most experience in the Denver zone blocking scheme?

Between Dayne, Lundy & Morency, who is Kubiak the most familar with?

Which one has the most to contribute today and in future games this season? Dayne may have more experience, but if Lundy or Morency have more potential, I think they will see more playing time. No matter what though it looks like even more of a RBBC then with just Lundy/Morency.

I think Wali is gonna suprise a lot of people. final stats for the season 1050 and 6 tds.

I love that avatar, but you are reaching with those stats. I know you pulled them out of yer ass and have no valid reason to post them. I am no ff guru like alot of posters here come off to be, I just look at the reality of the NFL

1- Cap... Lundi, Morency cheap, most FF'ers never even heard of these f*ckers, landed in a good spot maybe, but odds are they will fail.

2- 53 man roster is precious, why would Kubiak cut needed depth to add Dayne ? Mistrust in what RB's he has now is how I see it.

I love to see rooks like this get hyped so much the fools take them way too early on (re) draft day. Nobody knew who they were in 2005 yet they fall into a percieved good situation and then all of a sudden they are the second coming of Barry Sanders......

Dayne couldn't run downhill in Denver, nor in New York. Three plodding yards at a time.

Which makes him nothing more than a prime candidate to vulture all the goalline TDs, reducing both Lundy's and Morency's value.

Actually, in the limited playing time Fat Butt got in Denver, he actually looked good. Hard to believe I know, but true. :D

I love that avatar, but you are reaching with those stats. I know you pulled them out of yer ass and have no valid reason to post them. I am no ff guru like alot of posters here come off to be, I just look at the reality of the NFL

1- Cap... Lundi, Morency cheap, most FF'ers never even heard of these f*ckers, landed in a good spot maybe, but odds are they will fail.

2- 53 man roster is precious, why would Kubiak cut needed depth to add Dayne ? Mistrust in what RB's he has now is how I see it.

I love to see rooks like this get hyped so much the fools take them way too early on (re) draft day. Nobody knew who they were in 2005 yet they fall into a percieved good situation and then all of a sudden they are the second coming of Barry Sanders......

you dumbass what do you think DD, Curtis Martin and Terrell Davis were. Players nobody knew drafted late, and when they got an opportunity, they took advantage. HOP doesnt own Lundi, so he is cracking on him. Its that simple.

Actually, in the limited playing time Fat Butt got in Denver, he actually looked good. Hard to believe I know, but true. :D

53 att 270 yards (5.1 ypc) 1 TD, 14 first downs

That ain't bad, and thats the same blocking scheme in HOU now. At this point I'm not going to say Dayne can go in and produce, I will be a pessimist in this scenario. I did draft Dayne to backup Mike Bell for me, so I would love for him to take the no1 back over in HOU. This could turn out to be decent trade material though to the guy who did draft Lundy.

you dumbass what do you think DD, Curtis Martin and Terrell Davis were. Players nobody knew drafted late, and when they got an opportunity, they took advantage. HOP doesnt own Lundi, so he is cracking on him. Its that simple.

I completely disagree with you. Why is it that he's cracking on him because he doesn't own him. Don't you think it's just as safe to be weary of a guy like Lundy in HOU as everyone was weary of Dayne taking over in DEN?

Yer right. We have all heard of Ron Dayne and all his success everywhere he has played.

Why mess with this guy Lundy that Kubiak hand picked in the draft, and has gained over 5 ypc in the preseason, and was available after the 9th round. And was named the starter. People that draft a guy like that are idiots. :D

I completely disagree with you. Why is it that he's cracking on him because he doesn't own him. Don't you think it's just as safe to be weary of a guy like Lundy in HOU as everyone was weary of Dayne taking over in DEN?

Um, no. Dayne has never got it done anywhere he has been with multiple chances. He shouldnt even be in the league right now, and may not be if Shanny didnt give him a chance last year. Dayne had one decent run in OT, with fresh legs against a spent Cowboys defense, and people think he can actually play. Lets just say the Giants dont miss this stiff at all, and the Bronco's wont miss him either. This time next yr dayne could be out of the league.

Um, no. Dayne has never got it done anywhere he has been with multiple chances. He shouldnt even be in the league right now, and may not be if Shanny didnt give him a chance last year. Dayne had one decent run in OT, with fresh legs against a spent Cowboys defense, and people think he can actually play. Lets just say the Giants dont miss this stiff at all, and the Bronco's wont miss him either. This time next yr dayne could be out of the league.

Well in that case, what has Lundy done in the NFL? I'm not arguing against your point here, just saying that until the smoke clears in HOU, you never know what could happen. I don't think Denver got rid of Dayne because he was so bad, but because they realized that they had 3 guys who could get it done at a very cheap price.

They cut ties with Droughns, Portis, Anderson, etc because they didn't necessarily need those guys. They have a system with a fantastic offensive line. That's what makes those 1000 yard rushers so automatic.

But in HOU we haven't seen that yet, neither has Kubiak. If Dayne was so bad, why did he bother picking him up. They could've just kept Antwoin Smith or picked up a guy like Davenpoop to fill that depth role. Once again I say, I AM NOT ON RON DAYNE'S D*CK. I'm just saying that Lundy is no more qualified than Morency who is no more qualified than Dayne to take over.

Well in that case, what has Lundy done in the NFL? I'm not arguing against your point here, just saying that until the smoke clears in HOU, you never know what could happen. I don't think Denver got rid of Dayne because he was so bad, but because they realized that they had 3 guys who could get it done at a very cheap price.

They cut ties with Droughns, Portis, Anderson, etc because they didn't necessarily need those guys. They have a system with a fantastic offensive line. That's what makes those 1000 yard rushers so automatic.

But in HOU we haven't seen that yet, neither has Kubiak. If Dayne was so bad, why did he bother picking him up. They could've just kept Antwoin Smith or picked up a guy like Davenpoop to fill that depth role. Once again I say, I AM NOT ON RON DAYNE'S D*CK. I'm just saying that Lundy is no more qualified than Morency who is no more qualified than Dayne to take over.

Well, I think we can safely assume Dayne will never be a star in this league but the same cannot be assumed about Lundy at this point.

Where was Domanick Davis drafted the year he hit? 14th or 15th round I think.

Edited by rattsass