[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A meaningless thought about the Huddle community.

TDFFFreak

I don't know fellow Huddlers... Sometimes I feel like we live in our own private fantasy football bubble. I mean there are a few who look elsewhere as well for their fantasy info, but many of us stick to the Huddle because we feel there are no better places for fantasy. I do believe the Huddle to be the best darn FF site on the net.

What I am saying is that we are a community of fantasy football freaks (well, most of us at least) and talk amongst ourselves about the game; however, might we benefit by information from other places? If one Huddler asks the advice of another Huddler and both are getting their primary info from the Huddle, is the information really that vital and fresh? Isn't the person asking the information basically looking for validation in most cases? I mean, they can really just use the resources at the Huddle to confirm their feelings and information? I am not saying that the information from local team homers is not sometimes valuable, but I guess I am just starting to question what true advice we can give each other in most cases as we live in such a Huddle world when it comes to fantasy football.

Just something to think about as we look to other Huddlers for advice and enter the fantasy football season. I am as guilty of it as the next guy. :D

The information on the huddle isn't what I'm trying to get at on these types of boards. I think the more valuable thing to be had from every one here is a diverse set of intelligent opinions. Though we all use similar information from the website, we all have different backgrounds, experiences, hunches, and opinions that we apply to that information. The analysis on these boards is high-class, usually pretty intelligent, and diverse enough to really see both sides of any debate. There are always intelligent dissenting opinions. This is the most useful part of the Huddle boards, to me, and the high quality of them makes them far more useful than any other resource.

I supplement my huddle info (articles and boards are most useful to me) with a healthy dose of rotoworld.com for their player updates (which include commentary). That's pretty much all anyone should need.

I use many other sites for info. , but i like these forums the most. I do see other sites posting info. more quickly then here, but the homers on this board know their chit (except Menudo) :D and that's what keeps me here more frequently then other places, well, that and the fact i'm hoping to get the covented pair of tube socks one day.

I tried this discussion with Mrs HR once. "You know, since we're just having chitty-chitty-bang-bang with each other maybe we're not getting all that is available. Perhaps if I went outside the confines of our monogomous relationship we could benefit from a broader perspective of chitty-chitty-bang-bang."

Slept on the coach for a couple of nights.

Didn't learn anything about chitty-chitty-bang-bang I didn't already know.

:D

I tried this discussion with Mrs HR once. "You know, since we're just having chitty-chitty-bang-bang with each other maybe we're not getting all that is available. Perhaps if I went outside the confines of our monogomous relationship we could benefit from a broader perspective of chitty-chitty-bang-bang."

Slept on the coach for a couple of nights.

Didn't learn anything about chitty-chitty-bang-bang I didn't already know.

:D

B itch.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I think you overestimate the group think that happens here a bit and there are always other resources that can be used if only actually watching the games and drawing your own conclusions from them. Add in that we constantly get in influx of new members on the board and it doesn't stay the same much.

I use many other sites for info. , but i like these forums the most. I do see other sites posting info. more quickly then here, but the homers on this board know their chit (except Menudo) :D and that's what keeps me here more frequently then other places, well, that and the fact i'm hoping to get the covented pair of tube socks one day.

+1

Damn I am getting tired od agreeing with you so much. Thats like what.......3 times in 3 days??? :D

I love the Huddle not only for the great FF information, but the MBs here. Many times I tried to ask for local opinions on players I am researching for a draft pick, FA pickup, etc. I also try to give back on items on my beloved Panthers from going to the home games and my opinions on Panthers players.

I am a moderate poster here so I don't live on the MBs (especially since I am blocked at work now) :D However, I have used the tailgate several times for travel tips, tips on buying a grill, MP3 player, cameras, etc. As people are always willing to share their expertise on other topics outside of FF which is great. :D

The Huddle is simply a great site for giving and receiving FF advice (cheatsheets, weekly reports, homer opinions, etc.) and any other topic you may want to know about. A place I gladly call my MB home! :lol:

However, I have used the tailgate several times for travel tips, tips on buying a grill, MP3 player, cameras, etc. As people are always willing to share their expertise on other topics outside of FF which is great. :D

The Huddle is simply a great site for giving and receiving FF advice (cheatsheets, weekly reports, homer opinions, etc.) and any other topic you may want to know about. A place I gladly call my MB home! :D

Did you buy the Egg?

I'm a newby to the MB, so maybe have a different perspective, but I think Freak is making a valid point here. It's obvious that many members enjoy the MB and feel it is a family/home, and I can see why that is, but IMO that's not the issue.

Take any tight knit group which has a touch of elitism and bunker mentality (us vs. the world), and you are going to find a lot of people who believe the same beliefs, opine the same opinions, and drink the same kool aid. I'm not even saying that they are wrong, many people here obviously know more about football than I do. But alot of the time when a prediction/evaluation is requested, it seems like a herd of cattle all moo-ing the same group speak.

I would like to see a little more individualism in the posts, with people with specific points of knowledge and opinion different than thehuddle.com posting. Honestly I find all the +1 posts pointless, just backing up the collective mentality.

All that being said, I honestly do value the huddle, and have been a paying member for 4 or 5 years, I just don't see the diversity of opinions and insights in the MB that would really be useful to me.

I'm a newby to the MB, so maybe have a different perspective, but I think Freak is making a valid point here. It's obvious that many members enjoy the MB and feel it is a family/home, and I can see why that is, but IMO that's not the issue.

Take any tight knit group which has a touch of elitism and bunker mentality (us vs. the world), and you are going to find a lot of people who believe the same beliefs, opine the same opinions, and drink the same kool aid. I'm not even saying that they are wrong, many people here obviously know more about football than I do. But alot of the time when a prediction/evaluation is requested, it seems like a herd of cattle all moo-ing the same group speak.

I would like to see a little more individualism in the posts, with people with specific points of knowledge and opinion different than thehuddle.com posting. Honestly I find all the +1 posts pointless, just backing up the collective mentality.

All that being said, I honestly do value the huddle, and have been a paying member for 4 or 5 years, I just don't see the diversity of opinions and insights in the MB that would really be useful to me.

Your views would change if you owned a Big Green Egg.

The huddle is a great fantasy football information source that provides the best of both worlds. One, you get all the detail work provided by a site run by guys that are dedicated to the hobby and two, as a bonus, you get additional opinions and updates from people like you and me that live all across this NFL crazy nation. If you're serious about fantasy football the huddle is the place for you.

I use the Huddle as a jumping off point. There's lots of good info here, both in Huddle and BBS content. Like most others, I get a lot more satisfaction out of watching games, reading from many sources and building squads that are my own. Playing a squad drafted from canned rakning sheets can't be very satisfying, even if you win.

I have to say I disagree about the lack of diversity. I see different opinions on topics everyday and a variety of articles, homer views and more subjective views on the message boards.

The main gripe I have with the Huddle is the lack of news. This stuff is public domain, and you really have to go elsewhere to look for it. The brouhaha over TO catching one pass may seem meaningless to some, but if you own TO you’ll read all the news that’s printed about it. But if you are really mulling over a trade, you kinda have to hit the boards for opinion. One opinion may sway you if the source makes an accurate assessment, and minus all the meaningless RMT’s, there is some good info from the homers especially.

Did you hear the “we salute you” Bud commercial poking fun at ‘Mr. Fantasy football manager guy’ on the radio? This used to be a… what is it… a hobby? for geeks. In this realm we are geeks as one… a common bond. It’s all speculation, and the one thing I think we all look for is an edge. The main FF board usually has news before it really hits the wire. Sometimes it’s bogus, like the Travis Henry being #1 recently, and it was posted here as soon as Sportsline released the rumor. Sometimes rumors are true, and if you know it before anyone else it could mean the difference in getting a player.

I really like the projections. I know they’re just guessing, but if it says 80 yards and a TD I’m buying it. Funny how there’s no accountability, as the stats on how accurate the projections are isn’t tracked. I don’t care… I still read all of them every week.

And lastly, where else can you go to get fragile flower newbies posting polls on whether or not to kick Grits off? How dare he insult my RMT thread… morbid curiosity I guess, but when the train derails I find it very amusing.

I don't know fellow Huddlers... Sometimes I feel like we live in our own private fantasy football bubble. I mean there are a few who look elsewhere as well for their fantasy info, but many of us stick to the Huddle because we feel there are no better places for fantasy. I do believe the Huddle to be the best darn FF site on the net.

What I am saying is that we are a community of fantasy football freaks (well, most of us at least) and talk amongst ourselves about the game; however, might we benefit by information from other places? If one Huddler asks the advice of another Huddler and both are getting their primary info from the Huddle, is the information really that vital and fresh? Isn't the person asking the information basically looking for validation in most cases? I mean, they can really just use the resources at the Huddle to confirm their feelings and information? I am not saying that the information from local team homers is not sometimes valuable, but I guess I am just starting to question what true advice we can give each other in most cases as we live in such a Huddle world when it comes to fantasy football.

Just something to think about as we look to other Huddlers for advice and enter the fantasy football season. I am as guilty of it as the next guy. :D

Are we having a "Jerry Miguire" moment here or what? :D