[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A meaningless thought about the Huddle community.

TDFFFreak

The information on the huddle isn't what I'm trying to get at on these types of boards. I think the more valuable thing to be had from every one here is a diverse set of intelligent opinions. Though we all use similar information from the website, we all have different backgrounds, experiences, hunches, and opinions that we apply to that information. The analysis on these boards is high-class, usually pretty intelligent, and diverse enough to really see both sides of any debate. There are always intelligent dissenting opinions. This is the most useful part of the Huddle boards, to me, and the high quality of them makes them far more useful than any other resource.

Very nicely done young grasshopper!

I find this place to be a small slice of the real world actually. In every aspect of life....there are leaders and followers. Those that HAVE opinions.....those that always ASK for opinions.....and those that simply regurgitate other people's opinions.

The first of those three is always going to be the minority. But they are there if you look. The world has far more bandwagon jumpers than individual thinkers. :D

I, for one, am proud to say.....I did NOT draft or pick up off waivers Wali Lundy. :D

I find this place to be a small slice of the real world actually. In every aspect of life....there are leaders and followers. Those that HAVE opinions.....those that always ASK for opinions.....and those that simply regurgitate other people's opinions.

The first of those three is always going to be the minority. But they are there if you look. The world has far more bandwagon jumpers than individual thinkers. :D

I, for one, am proud to say.....I did NOT draft or pick up off waivers Wali Lundy. :D

Well, a starting RB is a starting RB no matter the team. I thank the Huddle collective for picking up on that one... :lol:

Your views would change if you owned a Big Green Egg.

Dang it! I opted for the solar powered calculator instead!

I have to say I disagree about the lack of diversity. I see different opinions on topics everyday and a variety of articles, homer views and more subjective views on the message boards.

Definitely hear you. There is good info here, I just think there is a lot of chafe to sort through to get at it, as there is so much re-enforcement of the collective knowledge.

Loyalty is big for me....I trust the community here....the diversity and insight brought by each is truly unique....someone who has followed a team for years is able to give closer insight than I could (college and pro).....that is something that each person brings to the huddle.....I trust the information here provided by WW and DMD....and I do not want to spend my day searching through the world wide web for information on players.....at the end of the day, I am responsible for my line-up, not someone on the message board or an administrator....it is good to know that there folks out there who can share in the same fun and passion and give smart, intelligent and witty advice....

And that's all I got to say about that.....

:D

I like the mid week information, whem I loogged in and saw that tomoorow that info kicks in I was happy to see that!!! Somone earlier mentioned about the projections post. I am sure we have all seen them make mistakes on it, but I think its good news to help you out of you are looking for match up info and are between a couple guys, some times I agree and somethimes I dont. But I know the info that kicks in tomorrow is very usefull for me!!!!

It isnt that much different here than anywhere else. For example, in my local draft , the commish asked me afterwards if I was using the same cheat sheet he was as I kept taking his players. I told him it was a huddle cheat sheet and as it turns out his was Football gheys. I think for the most part the game has caught up to the players and vise versa. This place is home for me and thats why I dont stray!

I'm a newby to the MB, so maybe have a different perspective, but I think Freak is making a valid point here. It's obvious that many members enjoy the MB and feel it is a family/home, and I can see why that is, but IMO that's not the issue.

Take any tight knit group which has a touch of elitism and bunker mentality (us vs. the world), and you are going to find a lot of people who believe the same beliefs, opine the same opinions, and drink the same kool aid. I'm not even saying that they are wrong, many people here obviously know more about football than I do. But alot of the time when a prediction/evaluation is requested, it seems like a herd of cattle all moo-ing the same group speak.

I would like to see a little more individualism in the posts, with people with specific points of knowledge and opinion different than thehuddle.com posting. Honestly I find all the +1 posts pointless, just backing up the collective mentality.

All that being said, I honestly do value the huddle, and have been a paying member for 4 or 5 years, I just don't see the diversity of opinions and insights in the MB that would really be useful to me.

+1

I use many other sites for info. , but i like these forums the most. I do see other sites posting info. more quickly then here, but the homers on this board know their chit (except Menudo) :D and that's what keeps me here more frequently then other places, well, that and the fact i'm hoping to get the covented pair of tube socks one day.

:D ................... :lol:

What I find great here is the community. Arguments happen, people get heated, but, 99% of the time it is all in good fun and 95% of the poeple here know that. Also, hometown fans can be a great source of information, as they obviously put most of their time following their teams, and the information sharing from them can be very valuable.

Edited by Menudo

I think I see where you are going with this...

When I take my cheat sheet to a draft, I don't use the rankings on there as a bible, but I'd be silly to say it didn't go a long way toward making my decision for me once we get down in to the later rounds. Who's better? MAtt Jones or Joey Galloway? Well... the Huddle has Jones as a 3rd tier guy, and Galloway is a 4th... I'll take Jones because I'm a huddle member, and I buy the Kool Aid, so to speak.

I was at a draft yesterday where nobody there had cheatsheets from the Huddle, I checked. It was funny to see where people were getting taken. Arizona's Team QB went in the first round. Galloway went WAY earlier than I would have ever taken him. Cedric Benson lasted until like the 12th round (I got 4 starting RBs: Jackson, MaGahee, Rhodes, and Lundy).

And you know what? I bet I'm going to kick those other guy's butts. It's not just preseason optimism based on false Huddle beliefs... I have a much better team all around.

I think I see where you are going with this...

When I take my cheat sheet to a draft, I don't use the rankings on there as a bible, but I'd be silly to say it didn't go a long way toward making my decision for me once we get down in to the later rounds. Who's better? MAtt Jones or Joey Galloway? Well... the Huddle has Jones as a 3rd tier guy, and Galloway is a 4th... I'll take Jones because I'm a huddle member, and I buy the Kool Aid, so to speak.

I was at a draft yesterday where nobody there had cheatsheets from the Huddle, I checked. It was funny to see where people were getting taken. Arizona's Team QB went in the first round. Galloway went WAY earlier than I would have ever taken him. Cedric Benson lasted until like the 12th round (I got 4 starting RBs: Jackson, MaGahee, Rhodes, and Lundy).

And you know what? I bet I'm going to kick those other guy's butts. It's not just preseason optimism based on false Huddle beliefs... I have a much better team all around.

I think that's where the huge advantage comes in... when you are in a draft where none of the guys are into the Huddle and most of the others don't pay too much attention to the good sites out there.

You got to blend it all in-Your Experience, Your Info and your gut instinct. The info from here is top notch and the collected brain-trust is unsurpassed. This is the epicenter for FF, of that I have no doubt. I've been playing since 1989 and my opinion is that it takes 4-5 seasons to become what I'd consider "very good" at FF, but I beleive the Huddle increases this learning curve. For those who have never experinced FF without the internet, ya just don't know how good you have it. :D to the Huddle.