[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting WR/WR

DexterDew

i got drafted into a league two day ago that is a 14 team redraft with a half point per reception with a WR/RB flex. we won't know the draft position until five minutes before the draft so i am just trying to get my brain around what to do if i end up with the 12th, 13th or 14th pick. i used the Rhino spread sheet with the new league's scoring system, and i think this might work.

i know that if i start WR/WR i will have to wait until the 40-42nd pick over all to get my first RB, can this strategy work? i want to give it a chance because the thought of starting with Smith and Johnson in a 14 team is very interesting.... i just wonder if i can use this as trade bait, or maybe just kick ass at WR and the flex position..

thoughts????

I don't think this strategy would work in a 12 team league let alone a 14 team league ... primarily because people draft RBs fast and furious even when they already have as many as you can start. If you go WR-WR in the first 2 rounds of a 14 round draft that means you are going to be stuck with staring RBs like Marion Barber and Joseph Addai.

realize a few things:

1. Even elite WR are inconsistent from week to week compared to a RB. That means you will get more high and low scores than with a commensurate RB.

2. Your RBs are not only going to likely suck, but by the 42nd pick they are going to be such speculative backs that you may get nothing from them.

3. There are more WR's than any other position - easily. You can make up ground, get a FA or trade for a WR far easier than a RB

I drafted 12th in a 14 team redraft last night and was seriously considering it. Caddy fell to me so I had to snag him. Grabbed CJ on the way back and Wayne in the 3rd. I still ended up with Foster, Gore, and Lundy, but I would have to think that those would be my starters without Caddy.

The WR/WR is too risky IMHO.

Experience is the best teacher. Do it then tell us how it worked. (Oh, that's what mock drafts are for... :D ). Don't know how servicable your backs would be in a 14 team league but I saw it pulled off this year in a BOTH league (12 team) and the owner ended up with Mike Bell and Foster as starters. If they pan out he will be golden. He took Holt and S. Smith 1/2 so he has some potential.