[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Watson

Avernus

I check the depth charts at the patriots website and the depth charts at fantasy insights....and they say Ben Watson isn't starting...

is this true?, I swore he was named the starter in New England.... :D:D

Our depth chart says Watson is the starter because in a fantasy football sense, he is the one to use. This should be a very good year for Watson what with the ever changing WR situation there.

I have chosen to stay far away from the situation this year. Honestly this doesn't mean anything I just choose not to overrate Watson as they've never really utilized the TE position in NE and why I think he has a nice season he is being taken too early for me to even think Watson. I just can't see myself being comfortable with Ben Watson as my every week TE.

I have chosen to stay far away from the situation this year. Honestly this doesn't mean anything I just choose not to overrate Watson as they've never really utilized the TE position in NE and why I think he has a nice season he is being taken too early for me to even think Watson. I just can't see myself being comfortable with Ben Watson as my every week TE.

They've never really had a solid TE in New England to utilize it with...not since Ben Coats With Watson it appears that they do.

graham's the blocking TE. both TE will get ample playing time. Belichek has talked about using 4 TE sets so i wouldn't worry about watson being in the game.

Our depth chart says Watson is the starter because in a fantasy football sense, he is the one to use. This should be a very good year for Watson what with the ever changing WR situation there.

Or they'll use a lot of two TE sets.

Agree with all of the above.

I have no fear of Graham stealing his numbers....it's just the PT that worries me...

I'd like it alot better if Watson was out there at least 75% of the time.....but with the WR's they have, it'll likely happen anyways..

What NE have you been watching? They always use the TE's. Fauria, Graham, and Watson have all had some #'s. Graham in 03 went 38 catches 4 TD's, 04 30 and 7, and 05 16 and 3. Watson in 05 went 30 and 4. Fauria went 28 and 2 in 03, 16 and 2 in 04, and 8 and 2 last season. Do the math:

03: 66 catches 6 TD's

04: 46 and 9

05: 54 and 9

I don't know but 9 TD's to TE's each of the last 2 seasons and never less then 46 and 6 over the past 3 seasons is using your TE's a lot in my book. NOW if you want to say they spread it around to too many TE's that is a fair argument. But saying NE doesn't use their TE's is just off. I think most Watson owners, including myself, would like to think that with 30 and 4 last season in his first real full year he will be the main TE this year in terms of receiving #'s. And I think that is a reasonable thought because the TE throws are there to make it happen. Especially in the RZ.

For me, I was a year to early. Last year I veiwed Watson as the "sleeper" TE with the most upside. I Drafted him and he let me down early in the season and I ended up dropping him for Erron Kinney about mid year. I still believe he is a beast and will one day (Maybe this year) be a top 3 Fantasy TE.

For me, I was a year to early. Last year I veiwed Watson as the "sleeper" TE with the most upside. I Drafted him and he let me down early in the season and I ended up dropping him for Erron Kinney about mid year. I still believe he is a beast and will one day (Maybe this year) be a top 3 Fantasy TE.

I drafted Watson late last year....took him a few rounds early this time around...